2021 Recruiting

If anyone has access to the article, can you please post some highlights of the article.

He said Miami hasn't been in contact recently. Only thing he really said was that he liked the atmosphere when he visited for the Duke game, even though we lost by 33 lol. Sounds like we're not pushing too hard. Stock, the reporter, said in the comments that he expects Miami will get involved in the recruitment at some point. The only two schools that Cardet mentioned were Bama and Maryland, so at least we're not competing with blue bloods.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He said Miami hasn't been in contact recently. Only thing he really said was that he liked the atmosphere when he visited for the Duke game, even though we lost by 33 lol. Sounds like we're not pushing too hard. Stock, the reporter, said in the comments that he expects Miami will get involved in the recruitment at some point. The only two schools that Cardet mentioned were Bama and Maryland, so at least we're not competing with blue bloods.

Thanks for the update. I had heard the rumor that Miami had not contacted him recently. I took that to mean that they were trying to establish relationships with new recruits and not that he was off the board.
It is only my speculation as I have no way to confirm that.
IMO, this is what may be happening and again, it is only my opinion.
PG is not a deep position in the 2021 class as Miami has only offered 3 PGs(Mitchell, Joseph and Diggins) that I know of. It could be a situation that if all three of them commit to other schools, Miami may pick up contact with Wes as he may not be a true PG but he is a combo guard who can facilitate the offense very well.
Again, this is only what I think.

Do you think Jalen Warley will come here @Da_Lucky_One

I will never post any recruit will not come to Miami this early in the process. 50-50 is the closest I will get.
Getting him to take an official visit would be huge as with Earl Timberlake, a campus visit can change your mind and thoughts about Miami.
I will feel better about it once he comes for an official visit but until then, it is 50-50.

Advertisement

So Mac Etienne is transferring to Brewster Academy for his senior year. That is the same school Matt Cross and Anthony Walker attended for their senior season of high school.

So Mac Etienne is transferring to Brewster Academy for his senior year. That is the same school Matt Cross and Anthony Walker attended for their senior season of high school.

Both Reid and Etienne's transfers only help us in getting commitments for the 2021 class. Reid could fall in love with the Florida weather after bing from Virginia, and Brewster seems to have a strong connection with Miami for Etienne to come. Seeing Walker or Cross ball out would definitely be the encouragement needed for Etienne to come.

So technically, Reid did graduate but he chose to play Post Grad basketball at IMG.
This will create a new dilemma in his recruitment as he could turn pro after next season since he will be one year removed from high school.

So technically, Reid did graduate but he chose to play Post Grad basketball at IMG.
This will create a new dilemma in his recruitment as he could turn pro after next season since he will be one year removed from high school.

Even after a year at IMG I doubt he's close to pro ready. He doesn't even look that impressive playing against the scrawny kids that all look under 6'8", it would be smart for him to go to college and make a name for himself.

Advertisement
Both Reid and Etienne's transfers only help us in getting commitments for the 2021 class. Reid could fall in love with the Florida weather after bing from Virginia, and Brewster seems to have a strong connection with Miami for Etienne to come. Seeing Walker or Cross ball out would definitely be the encouragement needed for Etienne to come.

Do we have any players from that school?

Advertisement
Do we have any players from that school?

Yeah both Sophomore Anthony Walker and Freshman Matt Cross played their senior years there. It's a D1 powerhouse, in the year that Walker played, there were 8 D1 level athletes on the roster, and last year with Cross there were 9 D1 players. In total over the two years there were 15 D1 players. The crown jewel being #9 ranked Terrence Clarke who played there the last two years. I think a team composed of their top recruits over the last two years would honestly be a competitive Div 1 team.

PG: Jalen Lecque (NBA)
SG: Terrence Clarke (#9 overall recruit freshman at UK)
SF: Matt Cross (#17 SF going to Miami)
PF: Zane Meeks (Sophomore at Nevada, 6ppg as Freshman)
C: Kai Jones (Sophomore at Texas getting draft looks)
Bench: Kadary Richmond (#16 SF going to Syracuse), Jamal Mashburn jr. (#16 CG going to Minnesota), Alonzo Gaffney (Sophomore went to Ohio State), Demarr Langford (#14 SG going to Boston College), Marcus Dockery (Sophomore at Maryland)

Loaded to the brim with talent. Not as much as some of the other prep schools, but this is a top school in the northeast.

I asked Jake Weingarten who is most likely to be Miami's first commitment for 2021. He believes if Bensley Joseph goes ACC it will be to Miami. Says we are also in the thick of things with Mac Etienne which we knew.

Wow would be happy to get a Mass pipeline down with players like Cross and Joseph. I'm from Mass, and while it's pretty dry for basketball recruits there are a couple of good ones. I believe Bruce Brown from a couple of years ago is also from the Boston area. Joseph is from Arlington, I lived there as a child, right near Boston. No offer from BC for some reason, but if Bruce Brown gets in his ear we should get his commitment.

Advertisement
Wow would be happy to get a Mass pipeline down with players like Cross and Joseph. I'm from Mass, and while it's pretty dry for basketball recruits there are a couple of good ones. I believe Bruce Brown from a couple of years ago is also from the Boston area. Joseph is from Arlington, I lived there as a child, right near Boston. No offer from BC for some reason, but if Bruce Brown gets in his ear we should get his commitment.
Boston has always been pretty "dry" for top recruits, going back a half century or more. Bruce Brown was indeed a good one.

Off the top of my head, only others that really come to mind would be Bill Curley (Duxbury/BC), Patrick Ewing Georgetown) and Rumeal Robinson (Michigan) - both out of Rindge and Latin HS in Cambridge - and, going way back, Ron Perry (West Roxbury/Holy Cross) and Jimmy Walker (Roxbury/Providence College). Not a great amount of talent for such a huge metro area.

Advertisement
Back