2021 Recruiting

I don’t post much in here because most of you know my stance on Jim and his staff. I do always consistently check on it though.

All things considered, yet again, like deja vu, the staff just doesn’t seem relentless in any thing they do. Transfer market, recruiting (if they have to go past their #1 or 2 on big board), preparedness, in game coaching/adjustments. It all just seems like the bare minimum and has for going on 3 years now.
That is a harsh indictment of our coach and staff. Coach L is in his comfort zone this year with a senior dominated team, and some solid guard play.
This season may prove you correct, or possibly change your thinking. I for one am holding out for a very good season, we shall see.

Advertisement
Wonder if he is #1 or 2 on their board since the gu6 above says they only recruit that far.
This staff has shown they can recruit. It’s undeniably not the issue here at Miami. Where they fall short is adding pieces to the roster to plug holes. That’s just as important as recruiting when you are not a blue blood or you haven’t had recent success

Advertisement
Ding ding ding. Last year unquestionably we had holes at forwards and at bigman, that's why we ran three guard lineups. The roster this year is more complete, but next year we lose all of our bigs and it's looking questionable that we'll have a starting caliber big unless we pull off a nice grad transfer which is not the best thing to bank on.

4. MIAMI
Earl Timberlake will enroll at Miami this fall and Jim Larranaga would love nothing more than to bring his former travel program teammate to south Florida for his own college career. Distance could be a factor with the ongoing pandemic in mind, which has made things more regionalized of late, but if Warley were to play in the ACC and it not be at Virginia, it would happen at Miami.

Big game hunting

Im pretty sure Earl is in Jalen's ear about coming to Miami

Im pretty sure Earl is in Jalen's ear about coming to Miami

If that is the case and the staff feels comfortable with that then they should wait to see if Jalen commits to Miami before accepting a commitment from any other PG.
From the film I have watched, I would think Jalen Warley is the #1 PG option on the board while Trevor Keels is the #1 SG option on the board.
Until I feel they are going to commit somewhere else, I don't take any other commitments.

Advertisement
If that is the case and the staff feels comfortable with that then they should wait to see if Jalen commits to Miami before accepting a commitment from any other PG.
From the film I have watched, I would think Jalen Warley is the #1 PG option on the board while Trevor Keels is the #1 SG option on the board.
Until I feel they are going to commit somewhere else, I don't take any other commitments.

I don't think taking Bensley Joseph affects Warley at all, no need to let him slip away while we wait on a possible commit from Warley. For Miami we need as many scholarship players as possible.

I don't think taking Bensley Joseph affects Warley at all, no need to let him slip away while we wait on a possible commit from Warley. For Miami we need as many scholarship players as possible.
Based upon past experience and the general state of the program, I would agree... the last problem we seem to have is about turning down player commitments, more like recruits turning us down.

I would wait because Miami has 3 PGs left on the board. Warlely, Stevie Mitchell and Joseph. With Villanova getting a PG on Monday, Miami is in a good position.

Advertisement

With Diggins going to UCONN and Mitchell projected to go to Temple, it seems like Miami found the only player willing to leave the northeast to play basketball in South Florida.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back