2021 QB Aaron McLaughlin receives offer

Advertisement
It was a "mutual" parting according to the Auburn board. Seems their new OC may be looking for a different kind of skill set in his QB
Truth ☝ . Morris didn't want his type of skill set and feels he will be able to pull a more talented kid. Morris is not high on this kid at all.

https://247sports.com/Player/Aaron-Mclaughlin-67159/

6'5 225lbs 4-star QB out of Alpharetta GA, goes to Denmark HS.

Was originally at Buford HS then transferred to Denmark, had 2,018yds 17TD's & 7INT's at 61%cmp his Junior year.

Is a big kid with cannon for an arm, really good arm talent & throws strikes all over the field. Has a bit of wind up with his release but that's to be expected with a kid his size, it's not overly elongated & he gets the ball out quick enough. Is a tall pocket passer with good mobility as well, ran a 4.38 shuttle & had good Sparq score at the opening.

Committed to Auburn last year in July 2019, is pretty locked in with them. He was a kid that Richt was interested in back in 2018 when he was a Freshman & I believe he camped at Adidas 3Stripes back then too.

Holds offers from Bama, Auburn, TAMU, USC, Michigan, UF, FSU, Penn St, Tenn, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Arkansas, UNC, Arizona, NC St, Miss St, Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana & App St.

Now that we look like the next team for him, do you feel he’s the best option for 21? Who’s your favorite QB 21 cycle?

Now that we look like the next team for him, do you feel he’s the best option for 21? Who’s your favorite QB 21 cycle?
Sawyer Robertson, Dematrius Davis & Kyron Drones.

And I think Arkansas & NC St are after McLaughlin as well, Idk if we're necessarily the favorites to land him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wasn’t Manny Diaz at the Rivals combine last year? He should get a good look at McLaughn today if so.

Advertisement
Here is game film from his sophomore year against Deerfield Beach. @Coach Macho and his boys dominated.

McClaughlin needs to speed up his decisionmaking.

Slow processing is the death knell for many of these godly looking QBs who dominate in gym shorts. Guys get intoxicated by their measurables and then they get in games and fold.

Solid kid imo thing that really stands out is ball placement which is huge at the next level not only leading kids for more yard but I saw a couple clips that if he led the kid said kid gets blasted and most likely drops the ball so he makes the kid sit to save him. The biggest problem he has imo is the staring down of wrs he does it majority of the time and to me that is the hardest thing for a QB to fix

I wonder where this kid falls on Lashlee's pecking order. Him coming to Rivals Miami is a big indicator of serious interest. If he comes back down in March and he wants to commit I wonder if they accept it or slow play the situation if they covet miller moss or sawyer more. Just don't want us to do what the Richt's did that 1 cycle and put all our eggs in one basket and possibly get nothing.

Advertisement
That was literally Bufords worst team in at least 15 years. they were eliminated in the second round of the playoffs. They got rid of the coach after the season.
Cool bro!
I said they were "tough", didn't say they were the Kansas City Chiefs.
They averaged 44 PPG that season. (minus our game) And we held them to their season low.
Their whole OL was D1, 3 of which were big-time kids. QB was a big-time kid. RB was a Texas commit I believe.
And they tried to run the ball down our throat all game, hence why I said "they were tough".

By the way, they were eliminated in the 3rd round by Bainbridge, who went on to win the State Championship.

Last edited:
Cool bro!
I said they were "tough", didn't say they were the Kansas City Chiefs.
They averaged 44 PPG that season. (minus our game) And we held them to their season low.
Their whole OL was D1, 3 of which were big-time kids. QB was a big-time kid. RB was a Texas commit I believe.
And they tried to run the ball down our throat all game, hence why I said "they were tough".

By the way, they were eliminated in the 3rd round.

What did you think of the QB? He looked overwhelmed in the game.

Advertisement
Back