2021 QB Aaron McLaughlin receives offer

@2.0 doesn't know ****. We are still waiting for the 3 silents from dinner back in December or whenever the **** it was. Dude reaches more than anyone on this board.

You must have been living under a rock and missed it where Ivins cleared up what happened. Nobody is waiting but you.

And where is the reach? Nobody said the TVD passed Perry and some people feel if Perry does a good job playing his and developing. Good Chance he is the starter in 2021 with TVD or Matocha has his backup. Personally I hope King is the last GT we take at QB for a while.

Advertisement
You must have been living under a rock and missed it where Ivins cleared up what happened. Nobody is waiting but you.

And where is the reach? Nobody said the TVD passed Perry and some people feel if Perry does a good job playing his and developing. Good Chance he is the starter in 2021 with TVD or Matocha has his backup. Personally I hope King is the last GT we take at QB for a while.
As I said today, Perry isn't starting here. He had multiple chances and hasn't done **** except for a 2nd half comeback against FSU in 2018. Take a walk.

I got no problem with it, he's got some good arm talent & shows promise.

I'd like to see more production, but STA has such a ****** offense that's predicated on just having better athletes than everyone they play, it's not all on him why they don't throw it more often.

For the 22 class I like Quinn Ewers, Garret Rangel, Braedyn Locke & AJ Duffy a lot more, they're all better pure passers, but I wanna see how Zion progresses his Junior year & if they let him air it out more this season.

Ok but I'm confused as to why you like the Turner offer but not the McLaughlin one?

I've already stated in another thread that I love the Turner offer.
But I've coached against both of these kids. And Turner probably looked worse than McLaughlin. Turner was 8-20 for 57 yards versus us. That's not exactly airing-it-out, but that's plenty of passing attempts to make an impact. And he's throwing to D1 level guys, not the ducks that McLaughlin was throwing to. (at least at Buford)

So again, I'm confused as to why you like Turner's "arm talent and promise" but not McLaughlin. (who's bigger with more arm talent and plays beside much worse skill talent)

Ok but I'm confused as to why you like the Turner offer but not the McLaughlin one?

I've already stated in another thread that I love the Turner offer.
But I've coached against both of these kids. And Turner probably looked worse than McLaughlin. Turner was 8-20 for 57 yards versus us. That's not exactly airing-it-out, but that's plenty of passing attempts to make an impact. And he's throwing to D1 level guys, not the ducks that McLaughlin was throwing to. (at least at Buford)

So again, I'm confused as to why you like Turner's "arm talent and promise" but not McLaughlin. (who's bigger with more arm talent and plays beside much worse skill talent)
Didn't say I like it, I said I didn't have a problem with it & I clearly said I'd like to see more production from Turner & how he progresses his Junior season, didn't say he was a take or I wanted. I listed the QB's I like better than him in the 22 class.

And again, I never said I don't like the McLaughlin offer or McLaughlin, there are other QB's I like better than him, I feel taking McLaughlin is settling when we can get better options, if we missed on those options then McLaughlin could be a solid choice.

I think Milroe, Davis, Robertson, & others are better fits for what we'll be doing offensively.

Advertisement
Just committed to NC State. Looks like the 2 remaining QBs are Bubba Chandler and Demetrius Davis. I prefer Chandler due to upside but that's just me.

Advertisement
QB recruiting has left a lot to be desired this cycle. We're seemingly whiffing across the board.

Advertisement
QB recruiting has left a lot to be desired this cycle. We're seemingly whiffing across the board.

Have you seen the last two years of QB play? (Yes I know this is lashlees first year)

All eyes on King to remind croots that their missing out not playing in this offense

So? Dematrius Davis was committed to VT. Now he’s on your short list.
Yeah he was committed to VT.... A mid tier ACC program in which he had no ties to. Milroe is a Texas Kid and Texas is about to lose it's starting QB after this season. On top of that if he does decide to Decommit, Alabama will land him.

Advertisement
Yeah he was committed to VT.... A mid tier ACC program in which he had no ties to. Milroe is a Texas Kid and Texas is about to lose it's starting QB after this season. On top of that if he does decide to Decommit, Alabama will land him.
Milroe is close with the King family, D'Eriq's dad coached him in 7v7 ball when he was coming up, Milroe is also has a good relationship with Lashlee he's been recruiting him since he was a Freshman.

Texas is still looking around for other QB's & if they try to land a 2nd QB Milroe will definitely decommit, plus Bama is after either Milroe or Miller Moss.

If we have a big season with King playing at a high level in Lashlee's offense, all it will take is a few visits & we'll have a real shot with Milroe. Plus Texas has a brand new OC/QB coach this season, the familiarity isn't there like it was with Tim Beck who originally recruited Milroe.

If Lashlee shows this year what he can do with Miami Playmakers and an athletic Texas QB and we win, we’ll have our pick of Davis/Milroe

That's really unreasonable. Complete overhaul on the offensive side of the ball coupled with horrendous QB play make it really difficult to convince a kid, who's never seen the new offense in action, to jump in the boat.

Advertisement
Back