2021 QB Aaron McLaughlin receives offer

Advertisement
It was a "mutual" parting according to the Auburn board. Seems their new OC may be looking for a different kind of skill set in his QB

I’d love to see some game film of him. His stats are only OK but his highlights and traits are eye-popping.

Looks like Justin Herbert. Verified 6’5, 230, 4.38 shuttle, 34 inch vert with big arm. Of course, traits are only part of the equation with QBs.

I’d love to see some game film of him. His stats are only OK but his highlights and traits are eye-popping.

Looks like Justin Herbert. Verified 6’5, 230, 4.38 shuttle, 34 inch vert with big arm. Of course, traits are only part of the equation with QBs.
Good comparison

Advertisement
Rank em:
Miller Moss, Nussmeier, McLaughlin

All 3 look real good on film so I’d take the first guy to commit. Moss has an incredible arm and accuracy looks dead on. I can see why he’s ranked the highest right now. McLaughlin is the physical presence with big arm and wheels. The guy that intrigues me in Lashlee’s offense though is Nussmeier. He runs around like Mahomes back there and throws beautiful vertical routes. He might be the best fit in this system.

Au board seems to think NC State along with us will be player for this kid going forward. They also said it was mutual fwiw and SIAP. I think this kid is talented but I like the 2 Texas kids more (Nussmeier, D Davis). He is listed as a Pro Style Guy but he isn’t a statue either based off the little bit of film that I peeped. Sounds like if we really want him though now is the time to make the push. I was gonna say it will be interesting to see if FSU goes after with Dillingham since that is who wanted and recruited him at AU but they just got their scrub 2021 QB commit so they probably won’t go after him.

I like Sawyer Robertson, Kyron Drones & Dematrius Davis a lot better than this kid tbh.

Idk why we haven't offered Robertson yet, he just visited FSU & picked up an offer from them a week ago, all the other Texas schools have their QB for the 21 class so that kid is fairly open about leaving the state & he's a top 10 high ranked 4-star.

I'm not sure why we haven't gone harder recruiting for a QB down in TX since we got Lash, obviously it's still early but I'm hoping we take advantage of the opportunity now that we have a legit Spread coordinator with deep roots down in Tejas.

JMO but I want a Texas QB for the 21 class, I like Miller Moss too but I just don't see him or Garcia or any of the Cali QB's we've offered coming here.

Advertisement
I think if staff wants to bring in 2 arms for the 2021 class than this is a guy you bring in and develop. Maybe in the scenario staff wants to push reset on the QB room (Perry could grad transfer after 2020, Motacha was a Enos guy so could transfer). Like others have said he’s got 1st round traits just needs coaching.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seen him live. He's at a new school (2nd year open). Overall, I haven't seen him play against decent competition, but he def has a good strong arm and leadership qualities.

Think it'll be difficult to pull a Georgia kid from Auburn if they want him, unless a coaching change happens for them which is unlikely.
Not sure what's going on with him and Auburn yet. He has a 7v7 buddy that goes to another school that loves Auburn (dad played there). Thought they'd planned to go there together. Guess we'll all know in about 10 months.

Advertisement
Back