2021 QB Aaron McLaughlin receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Aaron-Mclaughlin-67159/

6'5 225lbs 4-star QB out of Alpharetta GA, goes to Denmark HS.

Was originally at Buford HS then transferred to Denmark, had 2,018yds 17TD's & 7INT's at 61%cmp his Junior year.

Is a big kid with cannon for an arm, really good arm talent & throws strikes all over the field. Has a bit of wind up with his release but that's to be expected with a kid his size, it's not overly elongated & he gets the ball out quick enough. Is a tall pocket passer with good mobility as well, ran a 4.38 shuttle & had good Sparq score at the opening.

Committed to Auburn last year in July 2019, is pretty locked in with them. He was a kid that Richt was interested in back in 2018 when he was a Freshman & I believe he camped at Adidas 3Stripes back then too.

Holds offers from Bama, Auburn, TAMU, USC, Michigan, UF, FSU, Penn St, Tenn, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Arkansas, UNC, Arizona, NC St, Miss St, Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana & App St.

Advertisement
REAL Nice QB ....A GOOD LOOK .....

Attachments

• E1CC0F0A-D640-4B6B-95A9-AE1B51335861.jpeg
    E1CC0F0A-D640-4B6B-95A9-AE1B51335861.jpeg
    743.7 KB · Views: 3
**** Liberty, the arm cannon on that kid is top notch!!! Seems every big time $EC program has offered him. I wonder, would doing well this season coupled with a down year for the War Eagles help our cause? Or is he cemented for one of the big boys no matter what?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I care less about cannon arm and statuesque size in this offense. Give me an accurate playmaker with wheels.

I'm a fan of TVD but I'm not sure he is the ideal QB for Lashlee's offense either (runs a Brad Kaaya-like 5.0 40). Ideal QB would probably be along the lines of Stephen Morris. I briefly thought that Rosier could have thrived, but he just wasnt accurate enough. Perry actually fits the profile pretty well. Lashlee's offense doesn't require the QB to do as much thinking so Perry's biggest on field issue of making poor decisions should be minimized. After King leaves, Miami might have to play Oklahoma's game and look at the transfer market each year for the starting QB. If King finishes top 5 in Heisman voting, I think Miami won't have any problem problem landing another elite QB from the portal.

I'm a fan of TVD but I'm not sure he is the ideal QB for Lashlee's offense either (runs a Brad Kaaya-like 5.0 40). Ideal QB would probably be along the lines of Stephen Morris. I briefly thought that Rosier could have thrived, but he just wasnt accurate enough. Perry actually fits the profile pretty well. Lashlee's offense doesn't require the QB to do as much thinking so Perry's biggest on field issue of making poor decisions should be minimized. After King leaves, Miami might have to play Oklahoma's game and look at the transfer market each year for the starting QB. If King finishes top 5 in Heisman voting, I think Miami won't have any problem problem landing another elite QB from the portal.

Not saying TVD is or isn’t the QB of the future but no chance his speed and agility is as poor as Brad’s.

Advertisement
He probably has't watched TVD's film, he is a lot more athletic than Kaaya. TVD has a chance to win the job next year, the only problem is whoever win's that job will have to play Alabama in the 1st game of there career.

No I haven't. I know he's a baseball player too so he's a decent athlete. His shuttle isn't bad so he can probably move in the pocket adequately. He's a fine fit for an Enos offense. My preference is for dual threat in Lashlee's O.

Advertisement
It was a "mutual" parting according to the Auburn board. Seems their new OC may be looking for a different kind of skill set in his QB

Advertisement
Back