2021 OT Tristan Leigh receives offer

Why is he not sticking with Clemson?
He was never committed to Clemson, they were in it for him earlier in his recruitment but Oklahoma & LSU pulled out in front, with Oklahoma having the lead. Plus Clemson is tight on spots, they can't sign a full class.

Marcus Tate is probably the OL you're think of & he's still locked in & signing with Clemson.

Advertisement
LCE,with these kids visiting all these schools every week any chance we have some coming to the game this weekend.
Don't think so, most of the kids that are visiting schools are own their own dime, not really on their own, but a booster usually organizes it with one of the prospects parents to have all the kids group up to visit a school.

There's no OV's allowed right now, the Dead period has been extended until April-May of next year, so any visits that take place is strictly on the kid & his family to set it up, but they're not allowed to meet with the staff.

And with the strict Covid guidelines we have, it's unlikely you'll see a bunch of recruits visiting us for a game.

Luckily for us, most of the recruits we're signing have already been on campus multiple times for years during their time in High school & have a familiarity with the staff.

Last edited:
He was never committed to Clemson, they were in it for him earlier in his recruitment but Oklahoma & LSU pulled out in front, with Oklahoma having the lead. Plus Clemson is tight on spots, they can't sign a full class.

Marcus Tate is probably the OL you're think of & he's still locked in & signing with Clemson.
Oh ya, my bad El. I was thinking of Tate.

Advertisement
9D87E25A-508C-47FF-9803-4FD78148A558.jpeg

Advertisement
Man I get that our commits wanna recruit other players and its cool sometimes but it loses its effect when they waste their time tweeting at these kids that we have no shot at. Didnt this kid leave us out of his top 5 months ago? All this #LeighToTheU bull**** makes us look stupid and easy to troll
I agree but Garcia flat out said these hastags blew him away and.the reaching out by recruits made him feel the love. I dont get it but i am not 17 years old either

Advertisement
Apparently there is a rumor going around that Miami feels they have a shot (even if it is long). Any truth to this?

Gaytor fans are trying to build some buzz.

MiamiGatorMike24
Posted on 38 mins, , User Since 13 months ago, User Post Count: 382
  • 38 mins
  • 13 months
SmurphyGator said... (original post)
There’s only one scenario where the timeline of events for Barber makes sense. The staff thought Gardner was in. They were going to save the last OL spot until they heard a definitive no from Leigh.
Then when Gardner went to JSU, it opened another spot, so they then had room for Barber regardless of what Leigh does.
show less

I believe this is correct.

I am trying soooo hard not to start believing we are going to get Leigh, BUT there is a lot moving in our direction. Apparently he loved the visit (confirmed by wlitfong) and it was his 2nd one this fall. His GF is nearby, possibly even going to UF. We have the best depth chart you can dream of as an offensive tackle. He really cared about academics.

Icing on top, his mom is a nurse practitioner and is moving wherever Tristan decides. Shands is the best hospital in Florida.

Tell me I am not off base here

Gaytor fans are trying to build some buzz.

MiamiGatorMike24
Posted on 38 mins, , User Since 13 months ago, User Post Count: 382
  • 38 mins
  • 13 months

I believe this is correct.

I am trying soooo hard not to start believing we are going to get Leigh, BUT there is a lot moving in our direction. Apparently he loved the visit (confirmed by wlitfong) and it was his 2nd one this fall. His GF is nearby, possibly even going to UF. We have the best depth chart you can dream of as an offensive tackle. He really cared about academics.

Icing on top, his mom is a nurse practitioner and is moving wherever Tristan decides. Shands is the best hospital in Florida.

Tell me I am not off base here
I’m right there with you, he seems very much on the fence about where he goes. To piggy back on your note about his mom, I’ve heard the whole family may in fact move and his little bro is part of the class of 2023 and obviously there are a number of schools with strong football and academic programs in south Florida. The tax benefits in Florida are also very favorable compared to those in the NOVA area.

I don’t want to get my hopes up, but this would be a major recruiting win for Miami.

Advertisement
Garcia didn't sign with Miami because of hashtags. It seemed obvious he was hoping for a committable offer from a top school that never came. Not saying he hates Miami, I'm sure he liked his visits, but it seems clear we weren't his first, second, or even third choice if he had it his way. That, to me, gives me thoughts he'll look to transfer if he's not starting in a couple years. We'll see. Just my .02.

Have fun tweeting at Leigh, though. Not weird at all that grown adults obsessively tweet at teenagers.

I’m right there with you, he seems very much on the fence about where he goes. To piggy back on your note about his mom, I’ve heard the whole family may in fact move and his little bro is part of the class of 2023 and obviously there are a number of schools with strong football and academic programs in south Florida. The tax benefits in Florida are also very favorable compared to those in the NOVA area.

I don’t want to get my hopes up, but this would be a major recruiting win for Miami.

Look, I definitely think Miami would be a great spot for him. He's from Fairfax, VA, a very populated area. Miami would be a warm-weather big-city with HS football opportunities for the younger brother and job opportunities for the mother.

Apparently, the father lives in Oklahoma, which is where OU comes into the picture.

There was an article earlier in the year about Justice communicating with the kid and building a bond. However, neither UM nor UiF have been in his most recent Top 5. Maybe that shifts, who knows, Clemson seems to be slipping out of the picture.

The link I provided was from a Gaytor fan who thinks UiF has some shot. Yes, his mom could get a job at Shands ("best hospital in Florida", yeah, it's good, but you also have 3 great hospitals that are literally within 20 minutes of the UM campus in Baptist, UM, and Doctors) but I'm not sure if Alachua County would be a good landing spot for the younger brother, either academically or athletically. Not sure what in Hogtown would cause him to "love the visit", since nearly everything on campus is shut down. Gainesville is chock-full of boring nationally-franchised fast food places. If it's just "warm weather", than Miami has more of that than Hogtown does. As for general academics, UM and UiF are very similarly ranked. If he wants to be a dentist or a veterinarian, than maybe UiF has more programs for those academic pursuits

If we are honestly gunning for an OL, then Justice needs to pick up the phone again and see if the family wants to get out of the cold for a weekend.

Garcia didn't sign with Miami because of hashtags. It seemed obvious he was hoping for a committable offer from a top school that never came. Not saying he hates Miami, I'm sure he liked his visits, but it seems clear we weren't his first, second, or even third choice if he had it his way. That, to me, gives me thoughts he'll look to transfer if he's not starting in a couple years. We'll see. Just my .02.

Nobody is saying the hashtags CAUSED him to make his decision. But it can be eye-opening. The anti-Miami propaganda is strong, lots of other programs tell these kids "Miami fans suck, attendance is low, nobody really cares", and the hashtags can dispel a lot of that nonsense.

Advertisement
Back