2021 OT Tristan Leigh receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/player/tristan-leigh-46079623/

6'5 275lbs 4-star OT from out of Fairfax VA, goes to 6A school Robinson.

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball.

Big strong kid that displays natural athleticism with very good feet getting to the second level of the defense. Plays LT/RT & even on Defense at DE/DT. Is a smart kid with mean streak, ferocious finisher on his blocks.

Holds offers from Bama, LSU, UGA, Penn St, Oh St, Va Tech, UF, FSU, Michigan, Mich St, TAMU, Tenn, Oregon, NC St, UVA, Indiana, Louisville, Maryland, West Va, South Car & Pitt.

Advertisement
Liberty City El, what is your thoughts on the OL takes for 2021, should recruit any guard prospects or should we go strictly after Tackles??

Liberty City El, what is your thoughts on the OL takes for 2021, should recruit any guard prospects or should we go strictly after Tackles??
We should take as many lineman as we can find, OT's, OG's & Centers.

We need all 5 spots on the OL, take who we can get & find any Transfers or JUCO kids available.

Can't afford to be picky with how terrible our line is, have to go scorched Earth.

We should take as many lineman as we can find, OT's, OG's & Centers.

We need all 5 spots on the OL, take who we can get & find any Transfers or JUCO kids available.

Can't afford to be picky with how terrible our line is, have to go scorched Earth.

Just to piggy back, I think 2021 and 2022, we should be looking at **** near 10 offensive lineman between the two cycles.

Advertisement
tenor (62).gif

Just to piggy back, I think 2021 and 2022, we should be looking at **** near 10 offensive lineman between the two cycles.
Id always take 5 per class. If I were a coach, Id always take a starting line up (1 qb, 1 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 5 ol, 2 de, 2 dt, 2 lb, 1 strk, 2 corners, 2 s) per cycle then fill the remaining 3 spots with either what you still need or bpa.

I have a son from the class of '22....Offensive T/G, started for Canton McKinley Bulldogs out of Ohio as a sophomore. He is 6'5 305 , I'm trying to get dates to set up a summer visit, how do I get Miami's attention to do so? I wouldn't waste anyone's time if I didn't think he could help our cause along the line of scrimmage!

Advertisement
I have a son from the class of '22....Offensive T/G, started for Canton McKinley Bulldogs out of Ohio as a sophomore. He is 6'5 305 , I'm trying to get dates to set up a summer visit, how do I get Miami's attention to do so? I wouldn't waste anyone's time if I didn't think he could help our cause along the line of scrimmage!

If u have a Twitter I would tag the coaches especially the new o line coach garin justise obviously and then I would tag guys like David cooney and DeMarcus van dyke.

Just a few observations about your son.

He plays to high and when he goes up against a P5 caliber recruit who is the same size they are going toss him aside. He needs to drop his drop but and roll through his hips when makes contact. Also he is a leaner which means rather than support his own weight on contact he runs with body that on contact with the dline they can use his own moment and unbalanced weight to simply sway him aside. In the ACC Championship game a few years back Clemson's dline was quoted as saying UM'S oline were leaners.

Your son needs to work on his feet, they are little slow when he makes contact his feet should always be moving almost like mini jack hammers to help drive through his opponent's rather than just over powering them with his upper body strength. Using his lower body along with his upper body strength and proper leverage will allow him to explode into his opponent's on contact.

Now something's that can help your son improve sign him for salsa dance classes. It will improve his feet and help him open his hips over the next 2 years. His feet as I mentioned should always be moving quickly.

Also talk to the school about getting a lowdown lineman chute.

And finally get him down to Miami this year and next year for paradise camp.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Ty for the critique.

(Edited content to change referenced player from Prep to DII college player)

Here are highlights of a young man (Joe Bryson 2022 OT from Grand Junction, CO). Bryson is a sophomore at a DII school; Colorado Mesa University . Notice how that even at 6'7" the young man has good bend flexibility to form a Z with his body when blocking in order get his pads lower and his feet are constantly moving through contact with the defender allowing him to quickly move his defender.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back