2021 OT Tristan Leigh receives offer

Don't understand why LSU always has elite recruiting classes. Outside of 2019 they are always a middle of the pack SEC team, yet they finish Top 5 in recruiting every year
Yep...stud recruiters on staff

2021 ~ 3rd
2020 ~ 4th
2019 ~ 5th
2018 ~ 15th
2017 ~ 7th

Advertisement
Outside of the bags, you're in arguably the best mixture of college town and semi big town in the SEC. I personally think BR is second behind Nashville among the towns in the SEC. Plus, LSU always has that appeal like they could consistently do similar to what they did last season. Which, if they could recruit and develop QBs better, they probably would.

Ever since Saban got to BR, their recruiting has been like this
Baton Rouge is a dump. The best thing about it is that it’s an hour from New Orleans. Knoxville, Athens, and Nashville are the cream of the crop as far as SEC campuses go. I’ve actually heard Fayetteville is a great town too.

I swear our fans are the biggest homers of sht hole cities. Baton Rouge!!????? That place has a river that is the color of sht running through it?
Lol of those college towns hold a candle to anything down here when it comes to good looking women.
And please don’t start with all Miami girls want money. Plenty of places to go beside clubs with 300$ covers and sht.

I swear our fans are the biggest homers of sht hole cities. Baton Rouge!!????? That place has a river that is the color of sht running through it?
Lol of those college towns hold a candle to anything down here when it comes to good looking women.
And please don’t start with all Miami girls want money. Plenty of places to go beside clubs with 300$ covers and sht.
And some of our fans will never understand the difference in being in a college town when you’re 18-22 and considered a god for playing football versus a big *** city lime Miami where no one gives a ****

Advertisement
Baton Rouge is a dump. The best thing about it is that it’s an hour from New Orleans. Knoxville, Athens, and Nashville are the cream of the crop as far as SEC campuses go. I’ve actually heard Fayetteville is a great town too.
Tennessee campus is also a dump.

Tennessee campus is also a dump.
I have been to both. Knoxville is actually pretty nice and you are in the Smokey Mountains as opposed to a half baked state capital near the Bayou. A lot of retirement money has moved into that area, and restaurants have followed. I lived in New Orleans, love the area, but there is no competition.

Exactly, it's all I'm trying to say. Yall who are calling BR a dump are looking at it from an adult perspective. From a teenage/young man perspective, it has two different types of universities, both of which are great to have fun at. And pretty much everyone in the city cares that you play for LSU. The same can't be said about Miami, just because there are so many other sports and other factors in the area.

And LSU has one of the best gameday atmospheres, both inside and outside of the stadium, in all of college football.
And some of our fans will never understand the difference in being in a college town when you’re 18-22 and considered a god for playing football versus a big *** city lime Miami where no one gives a ****

Advertisement
A dump? Ok...........
As is Knoxville. Another poster pointed out your in the Smokey mountains. I couldn’t even see mountains from the campus or Knoxville if I recall it was about 30 mins out to get into the park. Campus looks old and decrepit. To each their own I suppose

As is Knoxville. Another poster pointed out your in the Smokey mountains. I couldn’t even see mountains from the campus or Knoxville if I recall it was about 30 mins out to get into the park. Campus looks old and decrepit. To each their own I suppose

I went to Knoxville in 03 to watch the canes game. Knoxville is dumpy although things stood out on that road trip...

- the strip of bars was pretty cool - huge street
Of them.

- boat tailgating on the river

- surprisingly nice fans.

- the noise level on that long run by the UT running back on the first series was pretty **** loud

Advertisement
Saban set this system up and it kept going after he left (I'm assuming)
Sabag (allegedly) took it to the next level, but it goes well beyond football over there. They have had baseball players (allegedly) getting paid. Yes, even (allegedly) baseball.

LSU has 3 CFB championships in the last 15ish years but has to pay players to come

Miami has won like 4 bowl games(any kind of bowl) in the last 15 years and lands at least top 15 classes but does not pay - CIS logic

Not to mention we we 6-7 last year with losses to FIU and La Tech, landed a top 15 class. Meanwhile LSU won a championship last year and CIS posters are confused on why they have a top 10 class. You ***** are dumb *** ****

LSU has 3 CFB championships in the last 15ish years but has to pay players to come

Miami has won like 4 bowl games(any kind of bowl) in the last 15 years and lands at least top 15 classes but does not pay - CIS logic

Not to mention we we 6-7 last year with losses to FIU and La Tech, landed a top 15 class. Meanwhile LSU won a championship last year and CIS posters are confused on why they have a top 10 class. You ***** are dumb *** ****
King slayer just "slayed"

Advertisement
That's it. People just don't get it. These college towns are a lot more fun for kids than the city of Miami is. It has nothing to do with how nice the city is.

4 Bowls? We haven't even won that much. After getting massacred by LSU in the '05 Peach Bowl. We have won just two minor bowls: The Blue Carpet Bowl in 2006, which is played in BumFu*k, Idaho, and the 2016 RAC in Orlando. Yeah, why would any kid go to LSU?

Oh I get the appeal of college towns... Athens, Knoxville, Lawrence (Kansas), Chapel Hill, Madison, Ann Arbor. There are some great college towns across the country. ****, even Oxford has its thing. Baton Rouge is a **** hole.

Advertisement
Back