2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

That's shifting the goal posts. You said he ONLY had lower-tier P5 offers.

Lol Texas A&M hasnt won a conference title since 1998. Baylor had a few nice seasons under Art Briles while he was letting his players do whatever the **** they wanted. We should have bigger goals than being Texas A&M and Baylor.

Advertisement
Lol Texas A&M hasnt won a conference title since 1998. Baylor had a few nice seasons under Art Briles while he was letting his players do whatever the **** they wanted. We should have bigger goals than being Texas A&M and Baylor.
He said TAC only had bottom-tier P5 offers in the SEC Texas A&M is not bottom tier, Vanderbilt is. In the Big 12, Baylor or West Virginia are not bottom tier, Kansas is. Minnesota won 11 games and beat Auburn in their bowl. Denzel Perryman was a 3 star rated exactly the same on the 247 composite (.8776/.8775) was he a reach?

Well we have only had 1 MLB in 2 years he's been an assistant coach and Shaq was nothing spectacular. Patke's recruiting has been ****. This is his make it or break it year along with Baker.

Quarterman came in as the #111 player nationally. He was drafted #140 overall. He was a freshman AA and 3rd team All ACC, 2nd team All ACC, 1st team All ACC, and 1st team All ACC over his four years here. He started every single game while he was here and set the all-time record for starts. He finished top 10 all-time in tackles. The defense had been garbage for years, then was excellent for the 4 years he was here.

He made the absolute most of his ability, he was productive, he was an iron man, and he was a leader.

That's pretty spectacular imo.

Quarterman came in as the #111 player nationally. He was drafted #140 overall. He was a freshman AA and 3rd team All ACC, 2nd team All ACC, 1st team All ACC, and 1st team All ACC over his four years here. He started every single game while he was here and set the all-time record for starts. He finished top 10 all-time in tackles. The defense had been garbage for years, then was excellent for the 4 years he was here.

He made the absolute most of his ability, he was productive, he was an iron man, and he was a leader.

I’ll take Ray Lewis, Vilma, Sean Spence, Denzel Perryman over Shaq Quarterman any day of the week. You rarely saw those guys miss tackles, run themselves out of plays, take bad angles, and get out ran by tight ends from Va Tech. Not denying that Shaq was a leader and gave it his all here. He wasn't anything spectacular here and doesn’t come close to being in the same group of those guys I mentioned.

So if he balls out it’s cause he’s a gem and nothing to do with our coaching or evaluations?
But if he sucks will it be that we recruited poorly cause we struck out on better dudes?

Where did I say that him balling would have nothing to do with coaching?

If he turns into a stud then a lot of it can probably be attributed to coaching and evaluations. I know y'all are in love with him, but he is a lower-ranked player that wasn't offered by the big time schools that recruit that region. If he balls out and ends up being a 1st-3rd round draft pick then the coaches should get credit for that.

What has our track record shown thus far though? You actually trust these coaches to go up to Jersey, snatch a 3-star who's highest regarded (defensive) offer is from Pitt and turn him into a certified stud?

That would be fvckin' fantastic!
I'll be patiently waiting for that to happen.

And I really don't care about where Alabama's LB was drafted versus Shaq. A guy like Saban gets the benefit of the doubt. If his highly-ranked player didn't get drafted, there could be a plethora of reasons as to why.

Shaq's career went exactly how I would expect it to. It's not like he over-achieved here or was some incredible proof of development. And the All-ACC accolades are great, but for some reason those only matter when they pertain to our players.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He said TAC only had bottom-tier P5 offers in the SEC Texas A&M is not bottom tier, Vanderbilt is. In the Big 12, Baylor or West Virginia are not bottom tier, Kansas is. Minnesota won 11 games and beat Auburn in their bowl. Denzel Perryman was a 3 star rated exactly the same on the 247 composite (.8776/.8775) was he a reach?

Those are bottom tier defensive offers. C'mon man.

Some of yall just be itching to hit that "quote" botton to contradict ANYTHING.
Like really? Baylor and TAMU?

You're right dude, those are highly regarded defensive offers.

Should we NOT expect this type of production from a 4-star top-10 Linebackers in the country?

He still averaged less tackles than Denzel Perryman and Colin McCarthy and also forced less turnovers than them (only 3 in 4 years) despite playing a lot more games. It also took him 4 years to finally register 100 tackles, which he got by the skin of his teeth. The prior 3 seasons he wasn't even close.
He hasn't exactly showed a stellar nose for the football. (I don't even blame him though)

This is the bare minimum I would expect from a 4-star top-10 Linebacker. We've gotten just as much (or more) out of lower ranked kids in the past.

Beating them for local studs like Donnell Harris and Tyquan Thornton would be a nice start. Baby steps I suppose.

What has our track record shown thus far though? You actually trust these coaches to go up to Jersey, snatch a 3-star who's highest regarded (defensive) offer is from Pitt and turn him into a certified stud?

This right here is the crux of the matter.

Advertisement
I’ll take Ray Lewis, Vilma, Sean Spence, Denzel Perryman over Shaq Quarterman any day of the week. You rarely saw those guys miss tackles, run themselves out of plays, take bad angles, and get out ran by tight ends from Va Tech. Not denying that Shaq was a leader and gave it his all here. He wasn't anything spectacular here and doesn’t come close to being in the same group of those guys I mentioned.

lol well no ****, anyone would take those dudes over Shaq

Where did I say that him balling would have nothing to do with coaching?

If he turns into a stud then a lot of it can probably be attributed to coaching and evaluations. I know y'all are in love with him, but he is a lower-ranked player that wasn't offered by the big time schools that recruit that region. If he balls out and ends up being a 1st-3rd round draft pick then the coaches should get credit for that.

And I really don't care about where Alabama's LB was drafted versus Shaq. A guy like Saban gets the benefit of the doubt. If his highly-ranked player didn't get drafted, there could be a plethora of reasons as to why.

Shaq's career went exactly how I would expect it to. It's not like he over-achieved here or was some incredible proof of development. And the All-ACC accolades are great, but for some reason those only matter when they pertain to our players.
Everyone gives saban the benefit of the doubt.
I get it from a wins and holding that sht together despite all the coaching turnover. But man it’s easy to get guys in the draft when every year your getting multiple 5 star after 5 star. And It doesn’t only happen with a linebacker it happens at every position with them not getting dudes in the league. And we give him and other guys that benefit. But Thomas goes in the 4 and we suck at developing. Tracy Howard doesn’t become a pro bowler. Again our fault Stacey Coley I think is top 5 on several receiving categories here. But our fault he’s not playing right now. Everyone else’s highly rated recruits don’t go day one and nobody blinks and eye. Every single one of our dudes has to be a success or we suck.
I’m just talking about the draft. Cause obviously we’ve had enough talent to not sht the bed.
Everything I’m saying is not referring to you or something you said. But it think there has to be some clarity cause it does harm to recruiting when people start saying that Shaq didn’t go higher cause of coaching.
The reality is simple despite all this bag sht I always spew.
If you can’t win the coastal with the talent you have then why should a parent or kid trust you with better players to got to the playoffs and challenge for a title.

Advertisement
Michigan might not even play Football this year, per their own school president...

Plus they're a state that has a high infection & death rate, they were a Covid hotspot just a month ago.

And yet they still have two STA kids committed in their 21 class lol.
I’m originally from that area and family still lives there and Ann Arbor is real cool place to be with a beautiful campus and atmosphere. That being said Covid is hitting them hard, weather is so inconsistent and depressing the majority of time and odd (unless you’re a fan) these kids would commit without visiting.

Advertisement
Everyone gives saban the benefit of the doubt.
I get it from a wins and holding that sht together despite all the coaching turnover. But man it’s easy to get guys in the draft when every year your getting multiple 5 star after 5 star. And It doesn’t only happen with a linebacker it happens at every position with them not getting dudes in the league. And we give him and other guys that benefit. But Thomas goes in the 4 and we suck at developing. Tracy Howard doesn’t become a pro bowler. Again our fault Stacey Coley I think is top 5 on several receiving categories here. But our fault he’s not playing right now. Everyone else’s highly rated recruits don’t go day one and nobody blinks and eye. Every single one of our dudes has to be a success or we suck.
I’m just talking about the draft. Cause obviously we’ve had enough talent to not sht the bed.
Everything I’m saying is not referring to you or something you said. But it think there has to be some clarity cause it does harm to recruiting when people start saying that Shaq didn’t go higher cause of coaching.
The reality is simple despite all this bag sht I always spew.
If you can’t win the coastal with the talent you have then why should a parent or kid trust you with better players to got to the playoffs and challenge for a title.

When they have multiple first rounders every year and compete for playoffs every year, yes they get the benefit of the doubt when some of their highly touted kids don't pan out. This isn't a video game, not every 5 star player becomes a All-American.

Miami is doing neither of those things so when we lose 5-6 games a year, our players underachieve their entire career, get drafted on day 3 or not at all, yes of course development is an issue.

When they have multiple first rounders every year and compete for playoffs every year, yes they get the benefit of the doubt when some of their highly touted kids don't pan out. This isn't a video game, not every 5 star player becomes a All-American.

Miami is doing neither of those things so when we lose 5-6 games a year, our players underachieve their entire career, get drafted on day 3 or not at all, yes of course development is an issue.
Really? Saban is out there with a bunch of 3 stars and a few 4 stars and wining the sec and putting players in the first round.
There seems to be a disconnect with the players we recruit and your expectations of what they should do.
I’m trying to be as clear as possible but peope don’t want to listen.
For 10 years straight Bama recruits multiple elite recruits at every position and they don’t all go because it’s hard to get first rounders. They also win because it’s easier to win with a lot of elite talent.
But how can you compare our lack of 1st rounders to those schools when we don’t get those type of kids at the numbers they do. If bama recruits 4 kids at a position and one goes on the first they’re gods at development and everyone forgets about the other dudes that didn’t. Elite kids not going in the first round has nothing to do with saban bama or Miami manny. It has to do with the fact that playing in the nfl is freaking hard. 32 kids a year for one round.
What about osu and all the talent they’ve had and haven’t made the playoffs the last few years! Nobody is talking sht about them just cause of The dudes they put in the draft.
It’s a double standard and you know it. If you look at it without orange and green glasses thinking some of our players are guaranteed first rounder and with out the red and white goggles that say saban does no wrong.
That’s all I’m saying. I’m not blind to bama and the success. But come on man they recruit The best high school players at ridiculous numbers for almost 10 years. I’ll even go as far as saying he should have more titles considering the amount of kids at each position he recruits every year.
It’s simple math man. Get me a high number of elite kids and some them will go day one regardless of what school they go to. Ed Oliver went to Houston with that notorious immunodeficiency defense of D no and still Went top 10.

Last edited:
Really? Saban is out there with a bunch of 3 stars and a few 4 stars and wining the sec and putting players in the first round.
There seems to be a disconnect with the players we recruit and your expectations of what they should do.
I’m trying to be as clear as possible but peope don’t want to listen.
For 10 years straight Bama recruits multiple elite recruits at every position and they don’t all go because it’s hard to get first rounders. They also win because it’s easier to win with a lot of elite talent.
But how can you compare our lack of 1st rounders to those schools when we don’t get those type of kids at the numbers they do. If bama recruits 4 kids at a position and one goes on the first they’re gods at development and everyone forgets about the other dudes that didn’t. Elite kids not going in the first round has nothing to do with saban bama or Miami manny. It has to do with the fact that playing in the nfl is freaking hard. 32 kids a year for one round.
What about osu and all the talent they’ve had and haven’t made the playoffs the last few years! Nobody is talking sht about them just cause of The dudes they put in the draft.
It’s a double standard and you know it. If you look at it without orange and green glasses thinking some of our players are guaranteed first rounder and with out the red and white goggles that say saban does no wrong.
That’s all I’m saying. I’m not blind to bama and the success. But come on man they recruit The best high school players at ridiculous numbers for almost 10 years. I’ll even go as far as saying he should have more titles considering the amount of kids at each position he recruits every year.
It’s simple math man. Get me a high number of elite kids and some them will go day one regardless of what school they go to. Ed Oliver went to Houston with that notorious immunodeficiency defense of D no and still Went top 10.

All I see is excuses. Miami has had more talent than any team in the ACC outside of Clemson and FSU yet it's not showing on the field or in the draft. Miami doesn't recruit like Bama, but they **** sure recruit better than Duke and FIU.

All I see is excuses. Miami has had more talent than any team in the ACC outside of Clemson and FSU yet it's not showing on the field or in the draft. Miami doesn't recruit like Bama, but they **** sure recruit better than Duke and FIU.
What am I excusing? Look at the entire thread. I already said we should’ve been winning the coastal with what we had. The discussion is about fans bashing our team cause we don’t get players in the 1st round like bama while ignoring the disparity in recruiting while also ignoring the amount of elite kids bama doesn’t get drafted.

Advertisement
Back