2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

Those are bottom tier defensive offers. C'mon man.

Some of yall just be itching to hit that "quote" botton to contradict ANYTHING.
Like really? Baylor and TAMU?

You're right dude, those are highly regarded defensive offers.

While I basically agree with you, I think that Jimbo has elevated aTm in the last couple of years, and Rhule elevated Baylor the last few years too. Are they firmly "top-tier" yet, no, but they are definitely on the rise.

Advertisement
What am I excusing? Look at the entire thread. I already said we should’ve been winning the coastal with what we had. The discussion is about fans bashing our team cause we don’t get players in the 1st round like bama while ignoring the disparity in recruiting while also ignoring the amount of elite kids bama doesn’t get drafted.

Like I said, it's ridiculous to think every 5 star will be a first rounder. But when you're putting 4 or 5 in the first round every year and competing for championships it comes across as just nitpicking. I would kill for their situation and I'm sure any Bama fan would be laughing at those comments. When other programs are developing 3 and 4 star kids into first round picks and ours are leaving to be undrafted free agents, we have all the right to question the development of our players.

You also brought Ohio State. We lost more games last year than they have the last 3 years combined. And they won their conference all 3 of those years. When Miami starts "failing" like that then maybe your points would be valid. Until then, player development is a major problem at Miami.

Last edited:
Like I said, it's ridiculous to think every 5 star will be a first rounder. But when you're putting 4 or 5 in the first round every year and competing for championships it comes across as just nitpicking. I would kill for their situation and I'm sure any Bama fan would be laughing at those comments. When other programs are developing 3 and 4 star kids into first round picks and ours are leaving to be undrafted free agents, we have all the right to question the development of our players.

You also brought Ohio State. We lost more games last year than they have the last 3 years combined. And they won their conference all 3 of those years. When Miami starts "failing" like that then maybe your points would be valid. Until then, player development is a major problem at Miami.

Bama probably 75 of them on their roster at any given time. They put a ton of guys in the show, but they have an overwhelming base of uber talented players to develop.

Quarterman came in as the #111 player nationally. He was drafted #140 overall. He was a freshman AA and 3rd team All ACC, 2nd team All ACC, 1st team All ACC, and 1st team All ACC over his four years here. He started every single game while he was here and set the all-time record for starts. He finished top 10 all-time in tackles. The defense had been garbage for years, then was excellent for the 4 years he was here.

He made the absolute most of his ability, he was productive, he was an iron man, and he was a leader.

That's pretty spectacular imo.
UMs Defense was Excellent all 4yrs Shaq was here??....You can't be serious....He started every game because he had ZERO competition, due to Garbage LBer recruiting...

UMs Defense was Excellent all 4yrs Shaq was here??....You can't be serious....He started every game because he had ZERO competition, due to Garbage LBer recruiting...

Shaq was 1st team All ACC.

Can you name one time, ever, where an all conference caliber player was replaced by a freshman?

Advertisement

Jesus. Let me repeat myself again.
We are overly critical of our team when it comes to draft picks. But spot on when we criticize them for not winning. When Watson took Clemson to the playoffs how many draft picks were on those 2 teams? We literally had more picks than they did those 2 years I believe.
Fck yeah I’ll take what Ohio state is doing. But your telling me you wouldn’t be criticizing them for not making the playoffs with the talent they’ve had?
Your telling me we had players like ps2 Minkah and Jeudy? Who did we get on that level that we didn’t develop? Please tell me the guru in central Michigan that “developed” Antonio brown so we can get him on our team. AB went in the 6th freaking round.
We literally criticize UM and our coaches for doing the same thing other schools do but don’t praise the program when they deserve it. Please tel me in the last 10 years what school that has recruited at our level has put more kids in the league than we have. Chad went in the fourth and dudes act like he’s the only 5 star that ever dropped that low. How many Chad Thomas level players does bama get every year at every position.
If you can’t see the disparity then idk what to tell you. Keep thinking we dont develop talent cause every once in a while some low level p5 or g5 school got a dude in the first round and expect Miami to do that every year.
We literally had an entire thread go on for like 30 pages about mike Jackson and how horrible he was and what a joke he will be and how we suck at recruiting. But then ***** about how he’s not a first rounder?!! Double fckng standard and ridiculous expectations for kids that would never even get an offer by bama. But we have to make them a first rounder?
Keep that narrative and convince kids that saban and osu have that special aloe Vera juice that makes first rounders. They make first rounders cause they get the best talent and greater number than anyone else. Simple. Uga same thing. Clemson caught up and same thing. OU spot on. Oregon is gonna get some in too in the next few years for the same reason. What round do you expect Justin Flowe to go? 3rd?

Everyone gives saban the benefit of the doubt.
I get it from a wins and holding that sht together despite all the coaching turnover. But man it’s easy to get guys in the draft when every year your getting multiple 5 star after 5 star. And It doesn’t only happen with a linebacker it happens at every position with them not getting dudes in the league. And we give him and other guys that benefit. But Thomas goes in the 4 and we suck at developing. Tracy Howard doesn’t become a pro bowler. Again our fault Stacey Coley I think is top 5 on several receiving categories here. But our fault he’s not playing right now. Everyone else’s highly rated recruits don’t go day one and nobody blinks and eye. Every single one of our dudes has to be a success or we suck.
I’m just talking about the draft. Cause obviously we’ve had enough talent to not sht the bed.
Everything I’m saying is not referring to you or something you said. But it think there has to be some clarity cause it does harm to recruiting when people start saying that Shaq didn’t go higher cause of coaching.
The reality is simple despite all this bag sht I always spew.
If you can’t win the coastal with the talent you have then why should a parent or kid trust you with better players to got to the playoffs and challenge for a title.

BECAUSE IT HAPPENS OVER AND OVER WITH US!
That's the difference! That's why our staff doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. (that, and we're losing to **** teams)

You reference Thomas...he ain't the only D-lineman to come here, play well, regress then get drafted late. It's literally happening to like EVERY highly ranked recruit we bring in. LOL
When we start seeing some of our guys go early with an occasional flop (like Garvin), then maybe our coaches will get the benefit of the doubt and we can start blaming the kids. So far not one single kid has come to Miami and gotten BETTER in their 3/4 years...or exceeded expectations. Maybe Rouseau will be the first one.

Should we NOT expect this type of production from a 4-star top-10 Linebackers in the country?

He still averaged less tackles than Denzel Perryman and Colin McCarthy and also forced less turnovers than them (only 3 in 4 years) despite playing a lot more games. It also took him 4 years to finally register 100 tackles, which he got by the skin of his teeth. The prior 3 seasons he wasn't even close.
He hasn't exactly showed a stellar nose for the football. (I don't even blame him though)

This is the bare minimum I would expect from a 4-star top-10 Linebacker. We've gotten just as much (or more) out of lower ranked kids in the past.

ok boomer

BECAUSE IT HAPPENS OVER AND OVER WITH US!
That's the difference! That's why our staff doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. (that, and we're losing to **** teams)

You reference Thomas...he ain't the only D-lineman to come here, play well, regress then get drafted late. It's literally happening to like EVERY highly ranked recruit we bring in. LOL
When we start seeing some of our guys go early with an occasional flop (like Garvin), then maybe our coaches will get the benefit of the doubt and we can start blaming the kids. So far not one single kid has come to Miami and gotten BETTER in their 3/4 years...or exceeded expectations. Maybe Rouseau will be the first one.
I’m not sure we can complain about DL. Under manny Willis RJ Chad Trent Norton all improved. Coming in joe jack and garvin were 3 and done which tells me they were never all in. Joe jack also was was hurt. Look at a kid like GR. Came in hungry. Sometimes it’s on kids not wanting it enough.

Advertisement
I’m not sure we can complain about DL. Under manny Willis RJ Chad Trent Norton all improved. Coming in joe jack and garvin were 3 and done which tells me they were never all in. Joe jack also was was hurt. Look at a kid like GR. Came in hungry. Sometimes it’s on kids not wanting it enough.

Willis, RJ and Trent were what they were supposed to be.
Chad didn't improve. He was 5-star coming out of high school...with superior physical traits. Went in the 4th round, so WHAT exactly did he "improve" to? Was he gonna a 6th rounder if UM's staff didn't bless him with their development skills?

Joe Jackson and Garvin both regressed, although Jackson was stiff as a board so he was physically limited anyway.

NONE of the guys mentioned ever added to their pass rush tool box. Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure every one of them had negative remarks from NFL scouts about their technique going into the combine/draft.

How did any of them improve but get drafted so low? That makes no sense. That's basically saying they would've been drafted EVEN LOWER had they not been developed. I don't think that's even possible. They'd have to be crippled.

YEah, that jab doesn't bother me bud...cause you still can't whoop my old a$$ or bang more b!tches than me...regardless of what generation I'm a part of. (which I'm not that old anyways)

Cornball.

I was referring to the guy who said our defense hasn't been good for 4 years. I started to draft a response, but it's just so obvious thay our defense has been consistently good (if not always elite), I figured he must just be a cranky old man sitting on his coach complaining about 4th and 17, etc., missing the forest for the trees.

Not sure why your post was quoted too, apologies.

Jesus. Let me repeat myself again.
We are overly critical of our team when it comes to draft picks. But spot on when we criticize them for not winning. When Watson took Clemson to the playoffs how many draft picks were on those 2 teams? We literally had more picks than they did those 2 years I believe.
Fck yeah I’ll take what Ohio state is doing. But your telling me you wouldn’t be criticizing them for not making the playoffs with the talent they’ve had?
Your telling me we had players like ps2 Minkah and Jeudy? Who did we get on that level that we didn’t develop? Please tell me the guru in central Michigan that “developed” Antonio brown so we can get him on our team. AB went in the 6th freaking round.
We literally criticize UM and our coaches for doing the same thing other schools do but don’t praise the program when they deserve it. Please tel me in the last 10 years what school that has recruited at our level has put more kids in the league than we have. Chad went in the fourth and dudes act like he’s the only 5 star that ever dropped that low. How many Chad Thomas level players does bama get every year at every position.
If you can’t see the disparity then idk what to tell you. Keep thinking we dont develop talent cause every once in a while some low level p5 or g5 school got a dude in the first round and expect Miami to do that every year.
We literally had an entire thread go on for like 30 pages about mike Jackson and how horrible he was and what a joke he will be and how we suck at recruiting. But then ***** about how he’s not a first rounder?!! Double fckng standard and ridiculous expectations for kids that would never even get an offer by bama. But we have to make them a first rounder?
Keep that narrative and convince kids that saban and osu have that special aloe Vera juice that makes first rounders. They make first rounders cause they get the best talent and greater number than anyone else. Simple. Uga same thing. Clemson caught up and same thing. OU spot on. Oregon is gonna get some in too in the next few years for the same reason. What round do you expect Justin Flowe to go? 3rd?

I know kids like Juedy and Minkah wouldn't be the same players here because of what we are doing with kids of similar talent. What did Lingard do here? What has Mark Pope done here who has a similar ranking to kids like Ruggs and Devonte Smith out of high school. One of them went first round, the other is projected first round. The kid who picked Miami has 2 years of looking like he's never played organized football. What did Chad Thomas do here? Chickillo? Al Blades just looks servicable. The last 5 star, high 4 star kid that came here and actually looked like it was Duke Johnson. It's not being overly critical when we are getting the results we are getting.

I know kids like Juedy and Minkah wouldn't be the same players here because of what we are doing with kids of similar talent. What did Lingard do here? What has Mark Pope done here who has a similar ranking to kids like Ruggs and Devonte Smith out of high school. One of them went first round, the other is projected first round. The kid who picked Miami has 2 years of looking like he's never played organized football. What did Chad Thomas do here? Chickillo? Al Blades just looks servicable. The last 5 star, high 4 star kid that came here and actually looked like it was Duke Johnson. It's not being overly critical when we are getting the results we are getting.
Brevin and Bubba might finally break that streak if they can ever stay healthy. I'm not sure if Bubba even counts of course for this analysis of top 150 type kids who didn't just plateau their entire career at UM.

Advertisement
AR looked like a 5 star until he got hurt

Brevin and Bubba might finally break that streak if they can ever stay healthy. I'm not sure if Bubba even counts of course for this analysis of top 150 type kids who didn't just plateau their entire career at UM.

Brevin does have a chance to break that with a strong junior year. We've really only seen Bubba for a couple games so it's not even fair to bring him into the conversation.

Advertisement
The only dudes you mentioned that aren’t in the nfl are the ones currently on the team. If you want we can go to all of a Bama classes since chick and see all the dudes that were rated high that never got drafted Or went low or aren’t even in the league now. But they don't count right? Only Miami where everyone that is highly rated has to go in the first round

The only dudes you mentioned that aren’t in the nfl are the ones currently on the team. If you want we can go to all of a Bama classes since chick and see all the dudes that were rated high that never got drafted Or went low or aren’t even in the league now. But they don't count right? Only Miami where everyone that is highly rated has to go in the first round
For the amount of 5 stars bama gets. Their players don’t make that type of impact on nfl. LSU and osu players do better

For the amount of 5 stars bama gets. Their players don’t make that type of impact on nfl. LSU and osu players do better
Derek Henry, Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Mark Ingram would all like words with you.

Advertisement
Back