2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

Advertisement
I was referring to the guy who said our defense hasn't been good for 4 years. I started to draft a response, but it's just so obvious thay our defense has been consistently good (if not always elite), I figured he must just be a cranky old man sitting on his coach complaining about 4th and 17, etc., missing the forest for the trees.

Not sure why your post was quoted too, apologies.
I was clearly offended!

Derek Henry, Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Mark Ingram would all like words with you.
Derek Henry, Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Mark Ingram would all like words with you.
ok that’s 4 guys you can name? Frank gore Andre Johnson Reggie Wayne Clinton Portis. Bama can’t touch what we did with pros.They have some of the most loaded recruiting classes year in and year out and their ratio is not great

Advertisement
The only dudes you mentioned that aren’t in the nfl are the ones currently on the team. If you want we can go to all of a Bama classes since chick and see all the dudes that were rated high that never got drafted Or went low or aren’t even in the league now. But they don't count right? Only Miami where everyone that is highly rated has to go in the first round

I already said not everyone will go first round. Bama just had 4 drafted in the first round this year. Miami has had 4 since Saban been there. Bama's at 33 first round picks under Saban but you here talking about the kids who washed out like that doesn't happen everywhere for all sorts of different reasons. Even our great teams had players who didn't pan out on the rosters. You're talking like Miami is still producing quality NFL talent when we aren't. We used to have All-Pros, TD streaks no one will ever touch but not just being buried on NFL depth chart or practice squad is acceptable lol

ok that’s 4 guys you can name? Frank gore Andre Johnson Reggie Wayne Clinton Portis. Bama can’t touch what we did with pros.They have some of the most loaded recruiting classes year in and year out and their ratio is not great

What about what we are doing in the pros currently? You just named 4 guys and only one of them currently plays while the others retired over 5 years ago lol. You think recruits coming out of HS now know or care about Clinton Portis? A guy who last played in 2010? Vast majority don't. Our NFL guys NOW don’t hold a candle to what Bama and most others are doing NOW. If we are going to start naming guys who haven’t played a down in 10 years, literally 10 years since Portis played then every school is fair game for an NFL discussion lol. We may have guys on rosters, but the average 15-18 year old kid probably can’t name 10 guys from Miami that are CURRENTLY on an NFL roster let alone 10 guys that are actually starting and ballin’ on Sundays and neither can the average NFL fan that isn’t a UM fan. Who are they seeing every April for the last 5 years have several kids drafted Round 1-2 and perform on Sundays? Not us. I’m sorry, I saw you make a rebuttal to 4 guys that are CURRENT NFL Pro Bowlers with a group of guys where 3 of them haven’t played in 5+ years and I find it hilarious but more frustrating than anything. That’s what we have to resort to and it’s sad and hurting us on the trail.

Last edited:
Okay Boomer??...What tf does that even mean??...If you make a stupid f-ing comment...then deal with the backlash....

It means your comment was so off-the-mark it's not even worth addressing.

Our defense has clearly, by any reasonable standard, been very good for the past 4 years. If our offense had been as good as our defense the last 4 years, we would've been a NY6 team every season.

"Backlash", lol

Advertisement
It means your comment was so off-the-mark it's not even worth addressing.

Our defense has clearly, by any reasonable standard, been very good for the past 4 years. If our offense had been as good as our defense the last 4 years, we would've been a NY6 team every season.

"Backlash", lol
If you call our Defense Very Good the last 4yrs....I honestly have no more to say....

If you call our Defense Very Good the last 4yrs....I honestly have no more to say....

Have you been living under a rock? Do you not have access to a computer? Can you not look up our various rankings over that time period? By every single measure - ypg, ppg, ypp, advanced stats, TFLs, anything - our defense has been one of the better defenses in the country over that span.

Again, "ok boomer" seems to fit. Maybe you're on your coach complaining that the defense hasn't been as good as the 03 defense. Idk. You'd have to be pretty braindead to think our defense has been bad the past 4 years.

Advertisement
What about what we are doing in the pros currently? You just named 4 guys and only one of them currently plays while the others retired over 5 years ago lol. You think recruits coming out of HS now know or care about Clinton Portis? A guy who last played in 2010? Vast majority don't. Our NFL guys NOW don’t hold a candle to what Bama and most others are doing NOW. If we are going to start naming guys who haven’t played a down in 10 years, literally 10 years since Portis played then every school is fair game for an NFL discussion lol. We may have guys on rosters, but the average 15-18 year old kid probably can’t name 10 guys from Miami that are CURRENTLY on an NFL roster let alone 10 guys that are actually starting and ballin’ on Sundays and neither can the average NFL fan that isn’t a UM fan. Who are they seeing every April for the last 5 years have several kids drafted Round 1-2 and perform on Sundays? Not us. I’m sorry, I saw you make a rebuttal to 4 guys that are CURRENT NFL Pro Bowlers with a group of guys where 3 of them haven’t played in 5+ years and I find it hilarious but more frustrating than anything. That’s what we have to resort to and it’s sad and hurting us on the trail.
In was comparing our programs run at the top to theirs.

Just took a quick scroll through your recent posts. That's a useful feature. Looks like "ok boomer" was spot on.

Still waiting for wannabe in the $400k house in Orlando to name a player who replaced a first team all conference guy cause recruiting was sssooooo great.

You’re wasting your time with CIS’s uncle Rico.

Advertisement
I didn’t know you were talking about past Miami players who played in the pros. If I knew that, I’d agree and move on but I’m talking currently. That’s why I mentioned the 4 guys from Bama who were highly touted and have been doing very well in the league.

I didn’t know you were talking about past Miami players who played in the pros. If I knew that, I’d agree and move on but I’m talking currently. That’s why I mentioned the 4 guys from Bama who were highly touted and have been doing very well in the league.
What do we have currently? Lol
I do think you will see some of our kids start to go higher in the draft. We have had defensive kids benefit from manny’s defense system from a stats standpoint. I think GR Brevin, bubba bolden and a few others will be good picks. Also @Coach Macho could probably confirm but I think rooster and Chaney both can be high picks. A lot of people tell me this 2020 class is our best class in a long time. These kids actually want it.

What do we have currently? Lol
I do think you will see some of our kids start to go higher in the draft. We have had defensive kids benefit from manny’s defense system from a stats standpoint. I think GR Brevin, bubba bolden and a few others will be good picks. Also @Coach Macho could probably confirm but I think rooster and Chaney both can be high picks. A lot of people tell me this 2020 class is our best class in a long time. These kids actually want it.
Absolutely no one in the pros. I agree, if Brevin could stay healthy he will have a dominant season. It's a shame he hasn't been able to the first two seasons.

Advertisement
Back