2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

Advertisement
Lol....No it hasn't....
I'm not sure how much he works with the MLB but Pickney and Finley played some good football under him. He helped turn Finley into a very Solid striker and even Sam Brooks showed promise under him. Our LBs are not elite but they are solid college starters.

I swear these guys forget or have no idea what solid LB play at Miami looks like, not even touching on good to great LB play.
Yeah we don't have NFL Pro Bowl or Hall of Fame type LB play anymore. You can't expect our LB Play to live up to some of the greatest LBs in NFL history that's just crazy

I'm not sure how much he works with the MLB but Pickney and Finley played some good football under him. He helped turn Finley into a very Solid striker and even Sam Brooks showed promise under him. Our LBs are not elite but they are solid college starters.
Uh no he hasn’t. Pinckney has gotten worse and worse beginning junior year and Finley had a solid junior year but was *** senior year.

Advertisement
Yeah we don't have NFL Pro Bowl or Hall of Fame type LB play anymore. You can't expect our LB Play to live up to some of the greatest LBs in NFL history that's just crazy
Like I said, forget about Ray Lewis or a Dan Morgan or a Vilma. This is a far cry from Spence, Gooden, Perryman.

Look, I love Shaq. He is a great great representative for the school and gave more to it that just about all of us on here ever will. I hope he lasts in the league for 10 years and is able to support himself and his family for generations. He made some big hits and big plays over his four years. He also missed a ton of tackles, would take himself out of plays by shooting the wrong gap or over pursuing, and never really took that next step forward from what we saw as an underclassman.

Cave's tape reflects exactly what's on his offer list. (and vice versa)
Nothing about this staff has shown me that they can evaluate, recruit and/or develop LB's...so I'll reserve my optimism for now.
But I'll be pleasantly shocked if a 3-star kid with bottom-tier P5 offers comes here and balls out. It'll mean that we have found a gem that somehow got overlooked by the big-time programs that recruit Jersey heavily.

This.

Michigan might not even play Football this year, per their own school president...

Plus they're a state that has a high infection & death rate, they were a Covid hotspot just a month ago.

And yet they still have two STA kids committed in their 21 class lol.
UM president said no students no football 😆😆

I mean to be honest, Shaq and Pink seemed to regress over 4 years.. But again, it’s May. Win, put a good product on the field every Saturday and come back to this thread in December..

Advertisement
Like I said, forget about Ray Lewis or a Dan Morgan or a Vilma. This is a far cry from Spence, Gooden, Perryman.

Look, I love Shaq. He is a great great representative for the school and gave more to it that just about all of us on here ever will. I hope he lasts in the league for 10 years and is able to support himself and his family for generations. He made some big hits and big plays over his four years. He also missed a ton of tackles, would take himself out of plays by shooting the wrong gap or over pursuing, and never really took that next step forward from what we saw as an underclassman.
I personally think we overvalue Spence a lot. He was good starting LB but far from elite. Perryman was a beast and really the only high end LB we have had in a long. Shaq was a 4 year starter here and left Miami with 360 Tackles 46TFL and 12 Sacks and was the Mike of a top 15 defense for years. Shaq had a bit of a down year but it happens all the time. Anyways Patke helped turn Romeo Finley into a very solid Striker and got the Absolute best out of Pickney. Pickney reached his ceiling under Patke in my opinion and that's all you can ask for from the coaching side of thing's

I personally think we overvalue Spence a lot. He was good starting LB but far from elite. Perryman was a beast and really the only high end LB we have had in a long. Shaq was a 4 year starter here and left Miami with 360 Tackles 46TFL and 12 Sacks and was the Mike of a top 15 defense for years. Shaq had a bit of a down year but it happens all the time. Anyways Patke helped turn Romeo Finley into a very solid Striker and got the Absolute best out of Pickney. Pickney reached his ceiling under Patke in my opinion and that's all you can ask for from the coaching side of thing's
I respect opinion and understand your basis for it. I just disagree when looking beyond the paper stats at the individual plays over the course of a game and season that there are not stats for.

Cave's tape reflects exactly what's on his offer list. (and vice versa)
Nothing about this staff has shown me that they can evaluate, recruit and/or develop LB's...so I'll reserve my optimism for now.
But I'll be pleasantly shocked if a 3-star kid with bottom-tier P5 offers comes here and balls out. It'll mean that we have found a gem that somehow got overlooked by the big-time programs that recruit Jersey heavily.
So if he balls out it’s cause he’s a gem and nothing to do with our coaching or evaluations?
But if he sucks will it be that we recruited poorly cause we struck out on better dudes? Or will people on here bash our coaches because we couldn’t develop TAC? Remember a lot of dudes on here swear that he’s good.
Please be clear. People hate me by now cause I always bring this **** up.
Shaq was the number 5 rated ilb of his class. Of the top 10 linebackers in the class he was the only one that was drafted. The guy that was number 11 was Devin Bush. So did Michigan score a gem or do they have the secret sauce that saban didn’t have with the top rated linebacker in that class NOT GETTING DRAFTED. Imagine that sht!! Imagine this place if we got the consensus number one rated linebacker in the country and he didn’t get drafted. Imagine not being able to get Justin Flowe drafted!!!! Well that’s what bama did with Ben Davis.
We get a slow linebacker drafted in the fourth and the sky is falling and we can’t develop cause you know “we teach wrong gaps and sht”. If Shaq has the exact same highlights but ran a 4.55 at the combine he goes day 2 the lowest.

Advertisement
So if he balls out it’s cause he’s a gem and nothing to do with our coaching or evaluations?
But if he sucks will it be that we recruited poorly cause we struck out on better dudes? Or will people on here bash our coaches because we couldn’t develop TAC? Remember a lot of dudes on here swear that he’s good.
Please be clear. People hate me by now cause I always bring this **** up.
Shaq was the number 5 rated ilb of his class. Of the top 10 linebackers in the class he was the only one that was drafted. The guy that was number 11 was Devin Bush. So did Michigan score a gem or do they have the secret sauce that saban didn’t have with the top rated linebacker in that class NOT GETTING DRAFTED. Imagine that sht!! Imagine this place if we got the consensus number one rated linebacker in the country and he didn’t get drafted. Imagine not being able to get Justin Flowe drafted!!!! Well that’s what bama did with Ben Davis.
We get a slow linebacker drafted in the fourth and the sky is falling and we can’t develop cause you know “we teach wrong gaps and sht”. If Shaq has the exact same highlights but ran a 4.55 at the combine he goes day 2 the lowest.

He has to make Double Secret All ACC to be good to some people on here.

Goofy sequence of events. A HS player chooses a school over Miami. Members of this board immediately look for current players/commits to bash. Wash/rinse/repeat.

Advertisement
He has to make Double Secret All ACC to be good to some people on here.
I’ll admit disappointment at Shaq. But only cause I want the best for our players. But we hyped him up for a game that right now doesn’t suit what offenses are running. Someone brought up Zach Thomas once and people said he wouldn’t get drafted today the way offenses are playing. Idk if that’s true. But what I do know and it’s what I keep asking here is this: we criticize our coaches when our dudes dont get drafted “high enough” or drafted at all. But schools that get elite kids and get them in high numbers get a pass cause a few go day one or two. But when a bunch of them don’t even get drafted nobody mentions that sht or even brings it up. It’s a ridiculous double standard. For every Jeudy bama has several Ben Davises. Every year bama doesn’t get elite kids drafted and nobody calls them out at all cause they win. Xavier Williams and Josh Jobe ain’t getting drafted unless they have some awesome season next year. If Jobe and X Williams came here and they didn’t get drafted this place would be a ***** fest just like I ***** about bags.
You can’t have it both ways. At least not in my book. If your gonna ***** about us and say well “look at all the kids they put in the draft” but then not look at all they kids they didn’t that were rated way higher than the freaking dudes we put in!!!
It’s like they see that sec logo and all is forgotten! “It’s saban he ***** flower bomb and farts old spice!”
Nothing ever goes wrong over there. Its always our “shty coaches” and their **** poor 3 star evaluations. I’m not saying we got world class coaching. But we should agree that we’re not working with the same materials as the front runners.
I’m not trying to hype up our coaching staff. But the way many in here make it sound it seems like they believe that if Shaq went to Clemson he’s going the same day as Isaiah Simmons. That sht ain’t happening. What did everyone say when Brooks was in the game at La tech?
“Who the fck is that”!!! Nobody ever said that sht about Shaq. And it’s the same freaking coaches.
Again we’ve had enough talent to win the coastal but that doesn’t necessarily translate to the draft.
Case in point: Clemson’s first two teams in the playoffs had barely any nfl talent but they maximized what they had and had a stud at qb.

I’ll admit disappointment at Shaq. But only cause I want the best for our players. But we hyped him up for a game that right now doesn’t suit what offenses are running. Someone brought up Zach Thomas once and people said he wouldn’t get drafted today the way offenses are playing. Idk if that’s true. But what I do know and it’s what I keep asking here is this: we criticize our coaches when our dudes dont get drafted “high enough” or drafted at all. But schools that get elite kids and get them in high numbers get a pass cause a few go day one or two. But when a bunch of them don’t even get drafted nobody mentions that sht or even brings it up. It’s a ridiculous double standard. For every Jeudy bama has several Ben Davises. Every year bama doesn’t get elite kids drafted and nobody calls them out at all cause they win. Xavier Williams and Josh Jobe ain’t getting drafted unless they have some awesome season next year. If Jobe and X Williams came here and they didn’t get drafted this place would be a ***** fest just like I ***** about bags.
You can’t have it both ways. At least not in my book. If your gonna ***** about us and say well “look at all the kids they put in the draft” but then not look at all they kids they didn’t that were rated way higher than the freaking dudes we put in!!!
It’s like they see that sec logo and all is forgotten! “It’s saban he ***** flower bomb and farts old spice!”
Nothing ever goes wrong over there. Its always our “shty coaches” and their **** poor 3 star evaluations. I’m not saying we got world class coaching. But we should agree that we’re not working with the same materials as the front runners.
I’m not trying to hype up our coaching staff. But the way many in here make it sound it seems like they believe that if Shaq went to Clemson he’s going the same day as Isaiah Simmons. That sht ain’t happening. What did everyone say when Brooks was in the game at La tech?
“Who the fck is that”!!! Nobody ever said that sht about Shaq. And it’s the same freaking coaches.
Again we’ve had enough talent to win the coastal but that doesn’t necessarily translate to the draft.
Case in point: Clemson’s first two teams in the playoffs had barely any nfl talent but they maximized what they had and had a stud at qb.

Very well said sir!

You can’t get anyone above a 3 star reach when your performance is about on part with duke for two decades.
I know you didn't say it but can anyone point out anything in the coaching or recruiting industry that said TAC was a reach or are we just making up stuff?

That's just title, I'm sure Patke works with all the LBs. On the practice field I'm sure Baker over sees the whole defense and Patke helps out with all the LBs.
All the LB’s and their coaches are together during team drills and basic stuff like tackling circuits and pursuit drills.

But those don’t last for long before they go into individual drills by position group.

Advertisement
Back