2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

I don’t understand the reasoning behind everyone’s posts. Believe me, I want this kid, but why does Michigan not playing help us land him? Someone explain please.
Because cancelling the Fall for 2020 & hoping to play it in Spring of 21 means there won't be a Fall for 21 for them which means he won't be able to play at Michigan until Dec 21-January of 22.

Also, because the staff has recently picked up contact with him & is talking with him weekly.

And because kids are visual learners, if he sees us playing in September/October/November etc, while the school he's committed to is not it could be very persuasive for us to sell him on our product on the field. When he initially committed to Michigan his reasons he stated was because he was unsure about our coaching stability & our developing players to get to the next level, which means Michigan sold him on Devin Bush Jr & all the other recent South FL players that have went up there & played well. He's also never even visited Michigan in person, just Zoom visits, while he has visited us before.

At the end of the day he may just really want to go to Michigan but the staff has another LB slot open & we're definitely trying to flip him & using all angles helps, the B1G canceling their season should help us in this recruitment if we're smart enough to spin it the right way.

Advertisement
I don’t understand the reasoning behind everyone’s posts. Believe me, I want this kid, but why does Michigan not playing help us land him? Someone explain please.

imo its not the fact that Michigan won't be able to play games this season. Its more of the fact that he hasn't and probably wont be able to visit the campus before signing day comes up this fall.

Now granted he cant EE at STA so he might just wait until the spring to see if they will allow visits by then.

If you’ve been playing football all of your life and live in sofla the last thing you want to do is spend a winter in Ann Arbor chilling in a dorm taking on line classes.
Do you think he wants other linebackers in the country working out , practicing, and perfecting their craft and taking his spot in the draft while he eats take out?

Because cancelling the Fall for 2020 & hoping to play it in Spring of 21 means there won't be a Fall for 21 for them which means he won't be able to play at Michigan until Dec 21-January of 22.

Also, because the staff has recently picked up contact with him & is talking with him weekly.

And because kids are visual learners, if he sees us playing in September/October/November etc, while the school he's committed to is not it could be very persuasive for us to sell him on our product on the field. When he initially committed to Michigan his reasons he stated was because he was unsure about our coaching stability & our developing players to get to the next level, which means Michigan sold him on Devin Bush Jr & all the other recent South FL players that have went up there & played well. He's also never even visited Michigan in person, just Zoom visits, while he has visited us before.

At the end of the day he may just really want to go to Michigan but the staff has another LB slot open & we're definitely trying to flip him & using all angles helps, the B1G canceling their season should help us in this recruitment if we're smart enough to spin it the right way.

LCE - I read Big 10 is talking about playing a mini-season in the spring (5-6 games), then shrinking 2021 fall season by 1-2 games since so many games in calendar year will take a toll on their body. I dont see it happening, but just what they are going to be pushing to recruits

LCE - I read Big 10 is talking about playing a mini-season in the spring (5-6 games), then shrinking 2021 fall season by 1-2 games since so many games in calendar year will take a toll on their body. I dont see it happening, but just what they are going to be pushing to recruits
Wonder how that impacts the 2021 playoff if they cut down to 9-10 games.

Advertisement
Logistically that's just not going to work.

As long as the SEC & ACC hold firm & don't fold with the other conferences the B1G will completely fall apart from a recruiting standpoint because based on the current model none of the players will be able to play until 2022.

We could potentially strike a Gold mine if we play this fall, the B1G & Pac-12 screwed themselves with this decision.

Logistically that's just not going to work.

As long as the SEC & ACC hold firm & don't fold with the other conferences the B1G will completely fall apart from a recruiting standpoint because based on the current model none of the players will be able to play until 2022.

We could potentially strike a Gold mine if we play this fall, the B1G & Pac-12 screwed themselves with this decision.

Do you think they hold firm tho?

Do you think they hold firm tho?
The decision is up to the collective of the school presidents & the conference commissioners.

As of now, the ACC & SEC seem to be pretty dead set on playing, so maybe, but who knows, liability could be too big an issue for them to want to risk it. Unless they have all the players sign a waiver agreement that they won't sue the conference if they happen to get sick as a result of continuing to play this season.

The decision is up to the collective of the school presidents & the conference commissioners.

As of now, the ACC & SEC seem to be pretty dead set on playing, so maybe, but who knows, liability could be too big an issue for them to want to risk it. Unless they have all the players sign a waiver agreement that they won't sue the conference if they happen to get sick as a result of continuing to play this season.

I think the Big-12 is key here. If they decide to play SEC and ACC are good to go. If Big-12 folds like the gaping vaginas of the Big 10 and Pac-12, there will be a lot more pressure on ACC and SEC to follow suit

Advertisement

who'd want to play in michigan in the winter months. You couldnt have the season too far out and then have a fall season.

Last year Howell seemed to find a guy he liked picking on and go after him endlessly. Against us it was Romeo and Ivey all night
I was ****ED watching them go at Ivey time and time and time again. Bandy biting on the double move KNOWING that Longo loves the deep ball, Rousseau getting 12 snaps and 10 of those being QB pressures, 4th and 17 smh, and then Baxa missing the kick after the boys fought back and drove downfield with a Enos playbook.....I was crushed driving home from that game SMH

Advertisement
I was ****ED watching them go at Ivey time and time and time again. Bandy biting on the double move KNOWING that Longo loves the deep ball, Rousseau getting 12 snaps and 10 of those being QB pressures, 4th and 17 smh, and then Baxa missing the kick after the boys fought back and drove downfield with a Enos playbook.....I was crushed driving home from that game SMH

I was embarrassed walking outta that game

Advertisement
Interview is really good. Hood comes across as a high character kid. Fits the mold of last class with all-around leaders like Restrepo, Chaney, Redding, Rivers, Chantz, etc.

He also lit up when talking about Diaz.

Get him if you think you can get him.

On another note, I watched T2's highlights today and cot dam, folks. Animal who can do it all. He and James Williams and LT. That's worth like 15 players IMO.

Interview is really good. Hood comes across as a high character kid. Fits the mold of last class with all-around leaders like Restrepo, Chaney, Redding, Rivers, Chantz, etc.

He also lit up when talking about Diaz.

Get him if you think you can get him.

On another note, I watched T2's highlights today and cot dam, folks. Animal who can do it all. He and James Williams and LT. That's worth like 15 players IMO.
He is a good kid. He's from Royal Palm Beach and went to Cardinal Newman, an old private school in West Palm Beach. Transferred to STA because you basically can't say no.

Classic big dude linebacker at 6'1" and 217. He is what he is listed and can probably add some size with little dead weight. Physically ready for CFB. Solid tackler. Moves well for his size (consistently a knock on Quarterman was his lack of lateral quickness).

Would be great to get him.

Or what if they cancel spring and fall 2021 cause of covid? You might not play football for years at a big 10 or pac 12 school

I played against Buster in HS. He could def play, he was a grinder man. Very undersized but diagnosed plays well, and had underrated athleticism. Really just a football player. Crazy thing is him and his cousins all grew up Cane fans.
"Crazy thing is him and his cousins all grew up Cane fans."

Nah not crazy. It makes perfect sense. I'm even willing to bet that UM was their "Dream School".

Advertisement
Back