Official 2021 DL Darrell Jackson - COMMITS

"I just don't really know."

Freakin' Blake Alderman is a paid sportswriter coving the Gaytors, he has a media credential, he can ask all the questions he wants to ask.

And HE "just doesn't really know".

Yeah, well I do know one thing. If this was ONE HUNDRED PERCENT about NIL (and it wasn't, although that may have been one of the biggest factors), then Miami just offered more than UiF did. And not by a lot. Maybe 50K? Maybe 75K?

And I know that people are going to try to act like "oh, Florida is being so PRUDENT with its money". Really? Who else is available in the Portal that representa a "better return on investment"? I mean, when a professional sports team decides not to pay a top free agent so that they can use the money on multiple lower-cost free agents, you can SEE the strategy.

WHERE IS THE GAYTOR STRATEGY? Where are all the transfers and HS signees that the Gaytors were able to "afford" by not throwing an extra 50K or 75K at this one particular recruit?

Not to mention the other obvious conclusion, that the Gaytors have been lying to themselves..."Gaytor Guard is going to put us on a par with Alabama and Georgia, we're one of the big boys now"...REALLY? When is the last time you heard about Bama or Georgia losing out on a kid over being frugal with 50K or 75K? And if the Gaytors can't "outbid" poor destitute Miami, when will they ever beat Alabama or Georgia for a recruit who is looking for NIL money?
agree but the question of how to spend resources that might be limited is valid. the question is how limited are they? does our NIL program need more big money backers? is Ruiz willing to spend money year after year? just things I have been wondering.

Advertisement
agree but the question of how to spend resources that might be limited is valid. the question is how limited are they? does our NIL program need more big money backers? is Ruiz willing to spend money year after year? just things I have been wondering.

How to spend the resources?

The purpose of NIL efforts, generally, is to spend whatever it takes, and then go out and raise more money. The purpose of a collective is to concentrate that money, so that it's not just a rough collection of pizza joints and Boys Club appearances.

I've said this before, Miami has multiple big-money individuals. They are not all as loud/proud as John Ruiz. Might we "also" need a collective? Perhaps.

What is interesting are the cynical response from the fans of schools that have (thus far) lost out. They are under the mistaken delusion that these kids had to pick between offers of $140K, $150K, and $160K, and that they chose to go with Miami's $160K over EVERY OTHER CONSIDERATION. And this just isn't true. These kids don't have to have the biggest house in the neighborhood, they just want to live somewhere in the neighborhood.

Ultimately, NIL isn't "hard-salary-capped". It's more like MLB. If some teams (schools) choose to go cheap, that is their prerogative, but they can't blame "salary cap". Does this mean that some recruits will be "overpaid" relative to their "value" or "worth"? Possibly.

But saying "we chose not to pay a kid more because he wasn't 'worth' it" is just excuse-making by the losing party.

There is a difference there. Gaytor fans are claiming that the non-matching offer was a CHOICE, a rational decision. They are NOT saying "we don't HAVE the money", even though the implication of such is incredibly strong.

So you be the judge. It's not like the Gaytors signed several top-notch/high-cost transfers BEFORE this week. And it is looking like the Gaytors will not sign several top-notch/high-cost transfers AFTER this week. So what is all that fiscal prudence buying them (no pun intended)? Are they gonna go all aTm-H.A.M. for the NEXT YEAR? Sorry, I'm just not seeing the big picture of this financially responsible decision to save $50K or $75K on this particular recruit.

Good luck with that strategery, Gaytors...

ez
How to spend the resources?

The purpose of NIL efforts, generally, is to spend whatever it takes, and then go out and raise more money. The purpose of a collective is to concentrate that money, so that it's not just a rough collection of pizza joints and Boys Club appearances.

I've said this before, Miami has multiple big-money individuals. They are not all as loud/proud as John Ruiz. Might we "also" need a collective? Perhaps.

What is interesting are the cynical response from the fans of schools that have (thus far) lost out. They are under the mistaken delusion that these kids had to pick between offers of $140K, $150K, and $160K, and that they chose to go with Miami's $160K over EVERY OTHER CONSIDERATION. And this just isn't true. These kids don't have to have the biggest house in the neighborhood, they just want to live somewhere in the neighborhood.

Ultimately, NIL isn't "hard-salary-capped". It's more like MLB. If some teams (schools) choose to go cheap, that is their prerogative, but they can't blame "salary cap". Does this mean that some recruits will be "overpaid" relative to their "value" or "worth"? Possibly.

But saying "we chose not to pay a kid more because he wasn't 'worth' it" is just excuse-making by the losing party.

There is a difference there. Gaytor fans are claiming that the non-matching offer was a CHOICE, a rational decision. They are NOT saying "we don't HAVE the money", even though the implication of such is incredibly strong.

So you be the judge. It's not like the Gaytors signed several top-notch/high-cost transfers BEFORE this week. And it is looking like the Gaytors will not sign several top-notch/high-cost transfers AFTER this week. So what is all that fiscal prudence buying them (no pun intended)? Are they gonna go all aTm-H.A.M. for the NEXT YEAR? Sorry, I'm just not seeing the big picture of this financially responsible decision to save $50K or $75K on this particular recruit.

Good luck with that strategery, Gaytors...
Alderman said in one of those Gator tears thread that part if the money for their "Collective" was to keep some current players like Gervon Dexter "NIL Happy". I heard $5 million thrown around. Remember they need to invest for the CURRENT 2023 class and I imagine just cormani ALONE is worth close to $1 mil or more. Seems that they are at a serious disadvantage.

ez

Alderman said in one of those Gator tears thread that part if the money for their "Collective" was to keep some current players like Gervon Dexter "NIL Happy". I heard $5 million thrown around. Remember they need to invest for the CURRENT 2023 class and I imagine just cormani ALONE is worth close to $1 mil or more. Seems that they are at a serious disadvantage.

I said it before, "paying the players who got your last coach fired" is not exactly a recipe for success...

Advertisement
Those Gators are just twisting themselves inside out over this.

One of their "mods" just posted the following:

"The reality is we're still learning about exactly what kind of financial resources the program has with respect to NIL and I think it's constantly changing, which makes it difficult to get an accurate read on it. I've had multiple sources in the last week alone tell me that NIL money is "not a problem." But that's subjective and not an actual figure.

Additionally, the number I've heard Jackson received in his NIL deal at Miami is worth north of $400,000. If that's the case, it begs the question of whether or not Florida thought he was worth that kind of money even if it had the resources to pay it."

In response to this one of their posters said:

"I heard $350k from my buddy yesterday so this is even more steep than I heard. It's crazy out there.

And we were cool with him at $150k. He bumped to $175k to book the OV which was agreed to. Miami then offered to double ($350k) to cancel and commit. Sounds like it was maybe even more per Jacob."

"The reality is we're still learning about exactly what kind of financial resources the program has with respect to NIL and I think it's constantly changing, which makes it difficult to get an accurate read on it. I've had multiple sources in the last week alone tell me that NIL money is "not a problem." But that's subjective and not an actual figure.

Additionally, the number I've heard Jackson received in his NIL deal at Miami is worth north of $400,000. If that's the case, it begs the question of whether or not Florida thought he was worth that kind of money even if it had the resources to pay it."

"I heard $350k from my buddy yesterday so this is even more steep than I heard. It's crazy out there.

And we were cool with him at $150k. He bumped to $175k to book the OV which was agreed to. Miami then offered to double ($350k) to cancel and commit. Sounds like it was maybe even more per Jacob."
at the gator rate of inflation next week they are going to say he got a million dollars to sign with miami.

Before long they’ll be talking about how we asked him to commit a certain day and time for an additional 1 mil and partial ownership in life wallet

Advertisement
these fool really think they saved that 400K and are going to get a 5* with it in the summer.

4515D311-7711-4F2B-9E8B-835712462851.jpeg

if it was 400K per year then we basically paid the going rate for a 4* defensive lineman.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Reading the gator excuses is funny
But sad bc it’s the same excuses we were saying here for the past 20 years
I’m glad finally we are on the paying side
Ruiz was a god send
I’m gonna use lifewallet as much as possible even though I’m not even sure what it’s for

Same. I'm still confused wtf LifeWallet is

Advertisement
Back