Official 2021 DL Darrell Jackson - COMMITS

The more we keep landing portal kids, the more I realize our spring game wasn't a spring game at all... it was a try-out!

Our DTs were SOFT and LAZY! I don't think it was their fault, but it is what it is. Our potential starting DL will all be portal kids. Highly targeted PORTAL KIDS! Some backups too! Kudos to the staff for addressing a MAJOR issue on this team.
I don't think it's soft and lazy as much as it's just undersized and inexperienced. But, yes agreed. We needed to address it and Mario and staff did.

Advertisement
Yawn, I miss ivins. At least he was more accurate than not
This aged as well as fine milk.

1651021020509.png

Advertisement
I was wrong here, I overestimated Forfeit State University and their ability to even get a visit and yes, before anyone asks, that is due in part to how they ****ed themselves on Mims. It really hurt what little of their stock that remained with both HS and transfer kids, they see what kind of Mickey Mouse operation is being run in Trailerhassee and want no part of it. Oh and remind me who Mario and this STAFF have missed on in the portal? Going to be the same story for HS. More good news to come this week 🧡💚
Do you think FSU permanently soured Mims on the portal or can he potentially be convinced to visit a real school before giving up. Do you have any nuggets you can share w/us on why he chose to visit FSU first?

Advertisement
Look, I am not 100% certain if Blake Alderman is full of ****e.

But the important takeaway in all of this is that the Gaytor Collective can NOT price-match. Alderman pretty much admits that.

Sure, Gaytor Collective price-matched at the LOWER number, but when Miami doubled its number, Gaytor Collective folded like a cheap suit.

Here's a photo of the head of Gaytor Collective:
1651022656392.png

Advertisement
What’s crazy is all this is happening everywhere and NCAA can’t do anything about it (currently) I just don’t see how they continue to allow blatant pay for play. I just hope Miami can win a championship before this NIL stuff is stopped
NCAA can’t do **** now that it’s been blessed by the Supreme Court. And I will add again, Ruiz seems to be the only person actually making an effort to do the marketing piece of these deals.

Do you think FSU permanently soured Mims on the portal or can he potentially be convinced to visit a real school before giving up. Do you have any nuggets you can share w/us on why he chose to visit FSU first?
I am not sure honestly, on if he will try the portal again before May 1st. Desperation can make schools and players do a lot of strange things though and nothing is set in stone, especially with Miami having this much firepower, I will ask and see what I can find out. As for why Mims did what he did? Mostly a courtesy and a comfort visit, he still has a lot of respect for Atkins but his family, mother in particular was the main reason FSU ended up getting the visit first… Then she sorta bought in to the lies about Miami being a war zone and that on its own almost made Mims not visit, in fact it was a major contributing factor to why Mims rescheduled his visit; the staff and himself had to convince her that wasn’t true and that she needed to see it all for herself. Everything was on schedule until his teammate passed and that pretty much ended it. I never say never, as I said earlier but I would be surprised if he did so before the deadline. I do know Miami has eyes on other, somewhat comparable Tackles, who will enter in the next few days though. Also, just to add something of relevance for Jackson’s situation, I am not aware that we had to up our offer. We just had to get the family on board.

Advertisement
Imagine being James Franklin and seeing this. Gotta be some buyer’s remorse right?
Can't see how. He knew exactly what he was buying. Based on his track record, Manny's D works for the first 2-3 years before folk figure it out and expose the fundamental weaknesses of his scheme. So if Franklin wanted two good years, Manny might give that to him. Franklin may bounce at that point anyway. OTOH, the Big 10 ground and pound schemes may expose Manny's flaws faster than previous stops.

Advertisement
Back