2021 DB Omarion Cooper

This is why the whole "we've been a losing team!" excuse doesn't cut it for me, FSU hasn't had a winning season since 2016, 3 coaching changes with multiple staffs & still can land top tier blue chip Corners.

**** Arkansas hasn't had a winning season since Petrino was there & even after going 2-10 last year are in position to sign 2 4-star corners in their class.

UNC went 7-6 last year, and hasn't had a winning season since Fedora's 2015 season & their staff has only been there for 1 season & Dre Bly is about to land the #1 ranked CB in the nation.

Advertisement
This is why the whole "we've been a losing team!" excuse doesn't cut it for me, FSU hasn't had a winning season since 2016, 3 coaching changes with multiple staffs & still can land top tier blue chip Corners.

**** Arkansas hasn't had a winning season since Petrino was there & even after going 2-10 last year are in position to sign 2 4-star corners in their class.

UNC went 7-6 last year, and hasn't had a winning season since Fedora's 2015 season & their staff has only been there for 1 season & Dre Bly is about to land the #1 ranked CB in the nation.
We always end up with 1-2 4Star CBs in our class. We still have plenty of time for Recruiting. Tim Burns will end up being a 4 Star CB if we have camps and a high school season. North Carolina didn't Recruit very well until Sam Howell showed out as a true freshman. Top recruits want to play with a elite QB and UNC is hot right now due to Howell.

My thing is this, If there is a kid from our backyard and FSU is going hard after them and the kid want to stay in Florida. we should as well. Unless grades is an issue. FSU always sneaks kids out of So. Florida and unless they are from Jacksonville, we never get kids from No. Florida.

Advertisement

To be fair... That's only 1 specific position. They recruit good at CB like how we recruit good at RB. Regardless if we're winning or losing.

To be fair... That's only 1 specific position. They recruit good at CB like how we recruit good at RB. Regardless if we're winning or losing.
Of course it's only one specific position, that's all we're talking about is CB recruiting specifically.

I wasn't saying they're great recruiting program, I was making the point that us losing isn't an excuse as to why we can't land more blue chippers at CB, because other programs that have been losing for awhile as well are still landing top tier corners.

And the fact we can still recruit great RB's despite losing seasons just illustrates the point even more, we have no issues getting 4/5-star RB's regardless of our record, therefore there's no real excuse as to why we can't do the same at CB.

Of course it's only one specific position, that's all we're talking about is CB recruiting specifically.

I wasn't saying they're great recruiting program, I was making the point that us losing isn't an excuse as to why we can't land more blue chippers at CB, because other programs that have been losing for awhile as well are still landing top tier corners.

And the fact we can still recruit great RB's despite losing seasons just illustrates the point even more, we have no issues getting 4/5-star RB's regardless of our record, therefore there's no real excuse as to why we can't do the same at CB.
Ah, Understood.

Advertisement

I don’t think diaz values cb that much. When him and banda talked about corners it was always about tackling and not how well they cover. diaz defense has never produced a big time cb.

I don’t think diaz values cb that much. When him and banda talked about corners it was always about tackling and not how well they cover. diaz defense has never produced a big time cb.

Then you fail as a coach if you don't.

In today's spread game CBs are more valuable than ever. If you recruited better and landed more, your blitz happy defense would get to the QB even more instead of being a step late.

****, FSU has a pretty good CB class. Way better than ours so far.

FSU always seems to recruit DB's well. But then they seem to just be average at best.

2019 DB/S top players

Top five cornerbacks in ACC:

1. Bryce Hall, Virginia
  2. A.J. Terrell, Clemson
  3. Trajan Bandy, Miami
  4. Essang Bassey, Wake Forest
  5. Christopher Fredrick, Syracuse
Top five safeties in ACC:

1. Andre Cisco, Syracuse
  2. Damar Hamlin, Pittsburgh
  3. Joey Blount, Virginia
  4. K’Von Wallace, Clemson
  5. Jarius Morehead, NC State

FSU always seems to recruit DB's well. But then they seem to just be average at best.

2019 DB/S top players

1. Bryce Hall, Virginia
  2. A.J. Terrell, Clemson
  3. Trajan Bandy, Miami

1. Andre Cisco, Syracuse
  3. Joey Blount, Virginia
You right, but I keep up with their recruiting somewhat, this CB class just feels different....I mean they arguably got 2 out of the top 3 CBs in the state of florida, Knowles and Cooper. With that being said UM only has 1 player on that list, so we aren't doing to hot either, considering the amount of 4 stars we have been pulling in the last few years.

Advertisement

2019 DB/S top players

1. Bryce Hall, Virginia
  2. A.J. Terrell, Clemson
  3. Trajan Bandy, Miami

1. Andre Cisco, Syracuse
  3. Joey Blount, Virginia
Is that your opinion? Or is there an article or link? only ones i heard of is cisco and wallace as far as safeties go! Cb's I've heard of the first 3!

OK but UM is doing very well in recruiting too...

Advertisement

My biggest problem with that argument (aside from the fact schools like F$U, Tennessee, and Nebraska seem to be able to recruit regardless of poor performance) and the people willing to say, "well, for 6-7... this is really good," is they are giving the coaching staff extra points on recruiting for a bad situation they themselves created. THEY ARE THE ONES THAT GOT US THAT TERRIBLE RECORD VIA POOR PERFORMANCE DURING THE ACTUAL SEASON.

Imagine your kid went out the night before a big test and stayed out way too late after you'd told him what time you expected him home, and the next day shows up with a D. You aren't putting that **** up on the fridge with a little note saying, "not bad, considering he didn't study and was out late all night against my wishes... at least he managed to pass." No, I suspect many on here would light his a$$ up, take away the car keys, and put his cell phone in the safe along with the chargers and power cords for any other electronics.

It's the same thing with these coaches. If they fall flat on their faces during the season and make it harder on themselves to recruit, I'm not willing to pat anyone on the back and say, "well, not bad considering our record." If recruiting is more difficult because of our ****-poor performance, I'm putting that on them too (not giving them a pass because of it).

Advertisement
Back