2021 DB Omarion Cooper

What makes you think van dyke is able to effectively coach corners at this level. I don’t doubt his recruiting ability but we need someone who can do both. If our guys underperform we’ll wine about a whole other thing ya know.
Coaching corners at the college level is about 80% recruiting elite guys and 20% coaching. It’s no coincidence that all these elite corners LSU and Ohio state produce are also 5 star and high 4 star guys.

Advertisement
Coaching corners at the college level is about 80% recruiting elite guys and 20% coaching. It’s no coincidence that all these elite corners LSU and Ohio state produce are also 5 star and high 4 star guys.
I don’t disagree with you but technique is important too and I’d argue it’s a bit more than 20%

Miami should have hired a defensive coach who can recruit. He did that on offense and even though we may miss on some of the targets like Brinson and others, we are not going away, will win games, and can flip kids or sign kids out of state that have game like we did with the Texas Tight end.

The defensive staff either has to figure their self out, or something needs to be done. You can’t have not one ace recruiter on defense. But time will tell. Cooper is a dog!

Advertisement
Advertisement
It starts with Diaz. He’s been the DC and now the head coach, the guy thinks his system is bulletproof. How long has he been here and the CB numbers have been low? We go into every season squeezing butt cheeks that guys don’t get hurt
He is a smart coach who knows how to make adjustments and get the most out of his guys I’ll give him that (as a DC)

but **** I agree that he needs to get rid of all the **** YES MEN that are on the defensive staff... embarrassing to get whipped on the trail like we have for defensive guys even though defense has been literally the only bright spot for 5 years

Big time failure by this staff not making him a priority. Hopefully he at least dips to an sec school (not uf) if we can’t flip him ourselves.

Advertisement
Gotta agree...

Patke... rumph... Baker

these boys need to be shown the door
Agree 100%. If we were to let them go and replace them with quality guys like we did on offense we would actually have a good staff...

Advertisement
I take solace in the fact it's FSU, and I expect their class to disintegrate as their season starts looking like Miami 2019. Any FSU "commit" is open season, like our commits were under Golden.

Who's FSU's DBs coch.That dude signs 2 or 3 stud corners every single year.
Marcus Woodson, he's their new CB's coach.

He came up at Charleston Southern, then got hired at Fresno St on Tim DeRuyter's staff, then got hired at Memphis by Norvell, then was at Auburn for the last 2 years & just rejoined Norvell at FSU.

Before Woodson FSU's DB coach was Harlon Barnett who went back to Mich St this year after Mel Tucker got hired.

Advertisement
Back