2021 CB Ja'Den McBurrows receives offer

Advertisement
I'm convinced we're stuck with Rumph/Patke/etc because Manny wants to run HIS scheme no matter what. He wants HIS defensive philosophy.

The problem is, there aren't many people out there who run Manny's scheme. He's just recycling dudes from his own coaching tree like Blake Baker, who he hired in as a GA, or Mike Rumph, who he brought in from high school. Basically, yes-men.

What he really should do is just go out and hire the best DC and position coaches Miami can afford. But I think he's too prideful for that.

But we'll see. If the worst defensive performance in the history of the school doesn't get anyone on the defensive staff fired, then nothing will. Manny will ride with his schemes until he's fired in a year or two.

right brought rumph. dont think manny was the one who hired him

It really is unbelievable.
Is he just really unlikeable, introverted, lor lazy, or does smell bad or something?. How the **** can you be that bad at recruiting? I’ve never seen anything like it. We have struggled recruiting positions at times, but at least we got some 3 star Jags to put on the field. Rumph can’t even get that. Only thing more unbelievable is how still has a job on this staff.

This is just a ridiculous hot-take.

We. Miami. The entire coaching staff. Only started recruiting this McBurrows kid just over a week ago.

This isn't all on Rumph. People need to wake up, this is about Manny, it's about talent identification, it is about prioritization of recruits, it is about how well (or poorly) we convey what we want from CB recruits and how we are going to use them and develop them.

And trying to get kids to flip one week before Signing Day is clearly not working out so well for us.

This is just a ridiculous hot-take.

We. Miami. The entire coaching staff. Only started recruiting this McBurrows kid just over a week ago.

This isn't all on Rumph. People need to wake up, this is about Manny, it's about talent identification, it is about prioritization of recruits, it is about how well (or poorly) we convey what we want from CB recruits and how we are going to use them and develop them.

And trying to get kids to flip one week before Signing Day is clearly not working out so well for us.
I think most people by now understand is not all Rumph's fault but Manny isn't going anywhere yet so replacing Rumph is at least a start.hopefully Baker and Padke go too but they're close to Manny and may survive for now.

Advertisement
It really is unbelievable.
Is he just really unlikeable, introverted, lor lazy, or does smell bad or something?. How the **** can you be that bad at recruiting? I’ve never seen anything like it. We have struggled recruiting positions at times, but at least we got some 3 star Jags to put on the field. Rumph can’t even get that. Only thing more unbelievable is how still has a job on this staff.
Bruh.... it’s really crazy. He must have no personality or something. Idk. Before some Rumph guy jumps in here to defend him, saying that position coaches don’t JUST recruit their positions..... I know that. But I don’t recall, ANY recruit say that Coach Rumph was the reason that he signed with Miami. If I missed one, please correct me. But this is sad.

I think most people by now understand is not all Rumph's fault but Manny isn't going anywhere yet so replacing Rumph is at least a start.hopefully Baker and Padke go too but they're close to Manny and may survive for now.

Right.

But think about this.

When Golden refused to fire D'Onofrio, we had a similar defective power structure. So if Golden had fired the DBs coach a few years ago...

--who do we think would have wanted the job working with those two idiots (Golden/D'Onofrio)
--why do we think a new position coach would have been able to reverse the incompetence of Golden/D'Onofrio
--why would we have expected different results, merely from the firing of one lowly position coach

I'm NOT saying not to fire Rumph. I'm saying that even if we make some hard-headed porsters happy, what will the firing of ONLY Rumph actually accomplish?

I honestly believe that if we don't AT LEAST fire Baker, then we will not get any D-side hires of any quality who can make any sort of difference in one year.

If I just posted BYKE! (And I did), his *** better not stick with no **** Michigan...

I only preserve BYKE! For those who deserve it, if he made me waste a BYKE! I will personally hop on a plane to Ann Arbor to smack Harbaugh & Don Brown’s old *** right in the mouth.

So basically I’m saying... Miami, Ya dig!
I got the plane tickets breh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Right.

But think about this.

When Golden refused to fire D'Onofrio, we had a similar defective power structure. So if Golden had fired the DBs coach a few years ago...

--who do we think would have wanted the job working with those two idiots (Golden/D'Onofrio)
--why do we think a new position coach would have been able to reverse the incompetence of Golden/D'Onofrio
--why would we have expected different results, merely from the firing of one lowly position coach

I'm NOT saying not to fire Rumph. I'm saying that even if we make some hard-headed porsters happy, what will the firing of ONLY Rumph actually accomplish?

I honestly believe that if we don't AT LEAST fire Baker, then we will not get any D-side hires of any quality who can make any sort of difference in one year.
Baker has to be fired for any meaningful change. I don’t think Baker and the scheme are the equivalent of D’No which was absurd in every game, not just against good offenses. But I agree with your point that no established d-backs coach is coming to coach under Baker. So you either fire Baker and the staff (not sold Stroud needs to go) or you hope to catch lightning in a bottle with a new d-backs coach. Which is a tough call to make.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back