2021 CB Ja'Den McBurrows receives offer

Advertisement
How is Stroud disappointing?

His player development is just as poor as the other defensive position coaches. He's the anti-Kulogowski; decent recruiter but poor technician. Some others on the site said he was might be moving to an off-field position anyways for health reasons, so it works out well. He can stick around to help with recruiting, but Diaz can go out and get a much better instructor.

Rumph sitting down for his evening bible study

mr rogers clown GIF

Advertisement
38 CB’s in the state of Florida in the 21 class & not a single one wants to come here...

Dumph is easily one of the worst CB’s coaches in the country.

Fire him ASAP.
Any chance he realizes how inept he is at his job and pulls a Richt to save Alma mater?

This one is embarrassing.... he’s been big time since playing FTL Hurricanes with Sapp, Amari, Jacorey etc...

He’s been on the radar of the staff since 2017 when he and Hyppolite was on JV at American Heritage together. Both played special teams for varsity that year.

We can go on a advanced deep dive on this one smh

What the phucc Rumph?!? This guy can’t even get the kids that he **** near raised. How is this possible? The school is in Miami. He should be able to spit in any direction and have it land in the yard of a pretty good CB. FML 🤦🏾‍♂️
It really is unbelievable.
Is he just really unlikeable, introverted, lor lazy, or does smell bad or something?. How the **** can you be that bad at recruiting? I’ve never seen anything like it. We have struggled recruiting positions at times, but at least we got some 3 star Jags to put on the field. Rumph can’t even get that. Only thing more unbelievable is how still has a job on this staff.

Advertisement
38 CB’s in the state of Florida in the 21 class & not a single one wants to come here...

Dumph is easily one of the worst CB’s coaches in the country.

Fire him ASAP.

It sounds like there are 5 or 10 guys like Te'Cory Couch in South Florida every year. Why can't we pick up 2 or 3 of them each year at a minimum? Just makes no **** sense.

This one is embarrassing.... he’s been big time since playing FTL Hurricanes with Sapp, Amari, Jacorey etc...

He’s been on the radar of the staff since 2017 when he and Hyppolite was on JV at American Heritage together. Both played special teams for varsity that year.

We can go on a advanced deep dive on this one smh
Blame measurables

instead of finding studs who have instincts and a tough mentality they rather shoot for out kicking their coverage or flat out projects

On top of being completely unable to maintain a big enough board... you should be recruiting 7-8 dudes who you think should be committed...

1 maybe 2 5 star home runs
4 kids who can play at a high level
1-2 kids who are projects/need further eval I.e mayne playing football late or not playing the position

Advertisement
I don’t see how there’s no changes on d staff, no way. Cb recruiting makes enos’s “ spread cheeks coast “ offense look like the greatest show on turf.

Rumph was all but dead manny’s first year then something changed very late , not sure what but he’s had more lives than Betty white.
I’m just hoping they take in 2 CB portal guys and the usc LB

Advertisement
His player development is just as poor as the other defensive position coaches. He's the anti-Kulogowski; decent recruiter but poor technician. Some others on the site said he was might be moving to an off-field position anyways for health reasons, so it works out well. He can stick around to help with recruiting, but Diaz can go out and get a much better instructor.
It’ll be some slap **** coach wanna be like every other guy he’s brought in on that side of the ball

I'm convinced we're stuck with Rumph/Patke/etc because Manny wants to run HIS scheme no matter what. He wants HIS defensive philosophy.

The problem is, there aren't many people out there who run Manny's scheme. He's just recycling dudes from his own coaching tree like Blake Baker, who he hired in as a GA, or Mike Rumph, who he brought in from high school. Basically, yes-men.

What he really should do is just go out and hire the best DC and position coaches Miami can afford. But I think he's too prideful for that.

But we'll see. If the worst defensive performance in the history of the school doesn't get anyone on the defensive staff fired, then nothing will. Manny will ride with his schemes until he's fired in a year or two.

Advertisement
Back