2021 CB Ja'Den McBurrows receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/JaDen-McBurrows-46052133/

5'10 165lbs 3-star CB out of Davie, goes to STA.

Was originally at American Heritage his freshman year but has since transferred to STA.

Had a great Junior year with 37tcks 15PBU's & 6INT's (4 pick 6's) & 246yds as a Kickoff return man.

Kid has high level ball skills, pure natural ballhawk that can lockdown his side of the field & is great in press man coverage. Has a good frame despite his size, has long arms, plays with fluidity & has good speed. Reminds me of Te'Cory Couch.

Was offered by Rumph & has a long history with him (tfwiw).

Holds offers from Baylor, Tenn, Kentucky, NC St, GTech, Mizzou & Vandy

Advertisement
What’s the odds on this being a botched recruitment?

Your point taken, but honestly I like the kid but who knows which of the DB offers are committable, saw same thing last year. Rumph will take the wrong local kid, jerk the other other local kid (also wrong), slow play another local, change his mind on the 1st kid.

Stronger corner pool in 21 than 20...If if you say Marshall and Collier aren't coming (you are prob right, Collier may be a safety anyway?) you still have..

Burns *
Edwards*
Knowles*
O'Brien
Mcburrows
Hill
Nealy (CB/S)
Russell

Some smallish slot guys I didn't even include too Hallman (U-School), Conner (BTW), Massie (NW) Mcnicholas (CC)...

The** are my personal favorites on the list...I'm sure LCE has the good on these kids and others.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Should be locked up by the spring game.

We will likely slow play in to the summer. He will commit somewhere like Oklahoma or South Carolina. We will then double back after a bunch of other targets tell us to **** off. His stock will go up, he will keep us on the line until December, and then he will sign with FSU or UF (or maybe even UCF).

He's coached him in optimist ball...

Cane lock lol
This hasn't failed before, right?

1107charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

Your point taken, but honestly I like the kid but who knows which of the DB offers are committable, saw same thing last year. Rumph will take the wrong local kid, jerk the other other local kid (also wrong), slow play another local, change his mind on the 1st kid.

Stronger corner pool in 21 than 20...If if you say Marshall and Collier aren't coming (you are prob right, Collier may be a safety anyway?) you still have..

Burns *
Edwards*
Knowles*
O'Brien
Mcburrows
Hill
Nealy (CB/S)
Russell

Some smallish slot guys I didn't even include too Hallman (U-School), Conner (BTW), Massie (NW) Mcnicholas (CC)...

The** are my personal favorites on the list...I'm sure LCE has the good on these kids and others.
How many ya think we take for ‘21?

How many ya think we take for ‘21?

Hopefully 3...Maybe 2 if Rumph somehow lands Rakestraw and Colson or the other texas kid. (I'm praying he lands 1)

Numbers are tougher to predict in advance nowadays when kids can just run to the portal easier now.

Advertisement
he played for that Fort Lauderdale Hurricanes super team as well.

same team with Big Baby Seymore, Sapp (sta), Amari Daniels.

Ummm we could sign our whole db class out of Broward County if we had real recruiters. Wouldnt even care about the Palmetto kids....give me Kevin Knowles and Mcburrows.

He looks a lot like the 2020 kid Edric Whitley we just offered. Looks good to me . They both have great instincts and break on the ball very fast. Both players also have good return skills.

Advertisement

Was originally at American Heritage his freshman year but has since transferred to STA.

Had a great Junior year with 37tcks 15PBU's & 6INT's (4 pick 6's) & 246yds as a Kickoff return man.

Kid has high level ball skills, pure natural ballhawk that can lockdown his side of the field & is great in press man coverage. Has a good frame despite his size, has long arms, plays with fluidity & has good speed. Reminds me of Te'Cory Couch.

Ho

Pretty good player. Doesnt seem scared to tackle or stick his nose out on special teams. It could be the competition or it could be me but do you think he's fast enough to play CB?

Ho
Pretty good player. Doesnt seem scared to tackle or stick his nose out on special teams. It could be the competition or it could be me but do you think he's fast enough to play CB?

you do know he plays at STA right? and before that was at American Heritage....hes basically going against some of the bets competition in the country.

Advertisement
you do know he plays at STA right? and before that was at American Heritage....hes basically going against some of the bets competition in the country.
Yea thats what I figured. Hes a good player. Do you think hes a pure CB?

Ho
Absolutely fast enough.

Playing CB is more than just speed, technique & footwork supersede raw speed, its great when a CB has all 3, but the other two are more important.

He's plays against the best comp in the state & excelled, he can definitely play CB in college.

He can play Nickel or Boundary Corner at the next level.

Absolutely fast enough.

Playing CB is more than just speed, technique & footwork supersede raw speed, its great when a CB has all 3, but the other two are more important.

He's plays against the best comp in the state & excelled, he can definitely play CB in college.

He can play Nickel or Boundary Corner at the next level.
Good

Advertisement
Back