2021 ATH Brashard Smith receives offer

Ill just be honest I think in the end, we wont have space for Smith not because we dont want him but its because

1. Smith has said he only wants to play WR

2. There is only 2 maybe 3 spots left. If Brinson takes one and Yulkeith takes another, im not sure if the coaches will use that spot for another WR.
He doesn’t want to have a running back workload. He’s a WR but he didn’t say he’s against taking carries and running routes out of the backfield at all. He knows he’s a matchup nightmare he just prefers to be in a WR room.

Advertisement
Ill just be honest I think in the end, we wont have space for Smith not because we dont want him but its because

1. Smith has said he only wants to play WR

2. There is only 2 maybe 3 spots left. If Brinson takes one and Yulkeith takes another, im not sure if the coaches will use that spot for another WR.

Maybe there is a simple solution. Take both Brown and Smith as Athletes and not take a second RB. Let Brown and Smith compete for whatever position they choose.

IF you could only take 2 of 3 between Smith, Brown and Daniels, who would you take? For me, you take the 2 most dynamic players. IMO, that's Smith and Brown.

Advertisement
Smith and Daniels seem to me the same type of Player just one plays more RB than the other. And Yulkeith best long term position is corner in my eyes.

But what I think is going on here is that Manny sees Tutu at Louisville and vows to not let another Dade playmaker slip out the cracks.

Something to remember... a high tempo spread requires a lot more WR/Slots to stay fresh during a game. Speed is a premium in the slot. You can't have WRs/Slots dragging in the fourth quarter. So, we need as many WRs/Slots as possible. Take both Smith and Brown, along with Brinson and George. It sounds like a lot of receivers, but believe me, we'll need them to get the most out of the spread. BTW, the same applies to RB. 80 plays a game is impressive but grueling on your personnel over a 13-14 game schedule.

Brown, Smith, Brinson, George, Thad. No need to take Daniels. Then let the season play out and keep working Alexis. Brown/Smith can be used all over the field so I don’t really see this as taking 4 WRs... more like 2 WRs and 2 ATH who can play WR/Slot/RB. Those players will be very important in this offense. But two true WRs and two Swiss Army knifes matched with a true RB is the perfect class IMO.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20200627-102119_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back