2021 ATH Brashard Smith receives offer

Advertisement
My opinion, the idea should be George/Brinson at WR and Smith as a hybrid guy. Coming off the RB/WR class we just signed, you could be done there unless a big time guy wants in. Keep recruiting Alexis, maybe Brooks in case anything happens with Bama, but I don’t think you have to sign anybody else at that point. That would be 6 WR and 3 RB (assuming Franklin sticks) with Smith added in on a 2 year stretch. That’s a lot.

That said, I still want Alexis.

Advertisement
My opinion, the idea should be George/Brinson at WR and Smith as a hybrid guy. Coming off the RB/WR class we just signed, you could be done there unless a big time guy wants in. Keep recruiting Alexis, maybe Brooks in case anything happens with Bama, but I don’t think you have to sign anybody else at that point. That would be 6 WR and 3 RB (assuming Franklin sticks) with Smith added in on a 2 year stretch. That’s a lot.

That said, I still want Alexis.
It's possible if Miami has a great season.

Vols think they have him locked up, they are probably the 1 fanbase who can be as delusional as the Turds.

Still remembers lurking during the Byrd days with Butch and his champions of life when they thought they were gonna win an NC with that dork!

Vols think they have him locked up, they are probably the 1 fanbase who can be as delusional as the Turds.

Still remembers lurking during the Byrd days with Butch and his champions of life when they thought they were gonna win an NC with that dork!
They may be delusional, but if you look at their current class as it stands they have a reason to be confident in landing whoever they're recruiting...

I mean they literally have the #2 ranked class in the country & have gotten whoever they wanted.

Advertisement
He's growing on me...I still give an edge to Yul Brown. But I know D-Money likes this kid, and he looks good with the junior year transition to the slot.

Brown looks like a great player but Smith's film just screams "will be productive in college" to me. Sees the game in slow motion, phenomenal hands, great catch radius/body control, and has some serious shake and bake to his game.

He's my favorite uncommitted offensive prospect we have a shot at landing at a skill position.

Brown looks like a great player but Smith's film just screams "will be productive in college" to me. Sees the game in slow motion, phenomenal hands, great catch radius/body control, and has some serious shake and bake to his game.

He's my favorite uncommitted offensive prospect we have a shot at landing at a skill position.

He does have some great hands I'll give you that. Even his early film when he was more out of the backfield...Kid is a natural catching the ball.

They may be delusional, but if you look at their current class as it stands they have a reason to be confident in landing whoever they're recruiting...

I mean they literally have the #2 ranked class in the country & have gotten whoever they wanted.
I can definitely understand their confidence by the way recruiting has been going for them in the past month. I’m also curious to see what their class looks like once everyone is allowed to take visits

With 24 kids in the boat, room is running out.

Advertisement

Is it their board or their writers?

Advertisement
Apparently they have room for up to 28 prospects this class...

Idk how true that is, but I've read they are taking more than 25 this class.

77 on the roster
-8 graduating

16 spots.

Gonna be a lot of attrition.

Maybe 4 guys with junior draft momentum. Harris, Jordan, G5, Scaife

A few obvious positions to expect transfers from. QB/OT/LB

PWO's with schollys

Looks like a Butch Jones class with a few more higher ranked guys on the list though. Butch Jones would always have a lot of commits, a few high end guys, and a bunch of average ranked commits. All of that is fine, since their ave commit grade is only an 89, they better be right about their three star kids.

However TN has a lot going for them. They have the SEC, they have plenny money, they finished strong last year (imagine if they hasn't melted down vs BYU and GA St), they might have one of the unique game day tailgating scenes with the Vol Navy, and like Pruitt or not he seems to be able to coach.

Is it their board or their writers?
Their board, volnation

They are #2 because they have 24 commits. Their 89.73 average isn’t top10. It’s like when we had the #1 class in May and end in the 10s.

They are on a good roll but they are not getting who they want. They only have 2 Top100 players.
OSU are getting whoever they want, might end up with the best class ever.

Advertisement
Back