2021 ATH Brashard Smith receives offer

Advertisement
Via interview with Blake Alderman:

After makings a verbal pledge to the Florida Gators earlier this year, Miami (Fla.) Palmetto three-star all-purpose back Brashard Smith backed off that early commitment to the Gators. He announced his move through his Twitter account on Friday evening.

I will be decommitting from the University of Florida," Smith tweeted. "Reopening my recruitment to see what’s best for me."

I still LOVE Florida let me enjoy my recruitment," Smith added in a Tweet.

The 5-foot-8 1/2, 177-pounder had been hearing from other schools despite his early commitment.

"Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and Tennessee," Smith said in a recent interview with Swamp247. "They tell me to come check them out and how sometimes getting out of Florida isn't bad. They want me to get out and see new things."

The Gators saw Smith as an all-purpose back in their offensive scheme, with his ability to takes snaps out of the backfield as a runner and even move into the slot as a wide receiver as well. This role was something Smith was high on and was a big reason in his early decision.

"They said since I play running back and receiver now, it's kind of doing the same thing at the next level, so I am familiar with it. I think it will work good with me in their offense."

Smith will remain a big target for the Gators going forward as he is one of the many talented prospects from Miami (Fla.) Palmetto this cycle along with five-star's Leonard Taylor and Jason Mashall and four-star's Corey Collier and Savion Collins.

Advertisement
I know coach Manasco and love what he's done at Palmetto, turning them into one of South Florida's elite in my opinion. But I hate how all those kids love Florida. Not saying that's on Manasco, Idk if that's the case or not. But man that's frustrating to see.

Advertisement
He wasn’t a take even if he wanted to be here. Look at our offers. A bunch size AND speed because don’t know if you noticed but we don’t have a lot of size or speed. Top 3 on the board are Malik Nabers, Jaden Alexis, Keon Johnson(per Ivins). One is 6’0 200 and growing, Jaden is 6’1 175 and growing, Keon Johnson is 6’4 180 and growing. That’s who they’re targeting.

Advertisement
He wasn’t a take even if he wanted to be here. Look at our offers. A bunch size AND speed because don’t know if you noticed but we don’t have a lot of size or speed. Top 3 on the board are Malik Nabers, Jaden Alexis, Keon Johnson(per Ivins). One is 6’0 200 and growing, Jaden is 6’1 175 and growing, Keon Johnson is 6’4 180 and growing. That’s who they’re targeting.

Where and when did Ivins say who he thought were the top WR’s on the board? Even if that is the case, still need to recruit this kid. We could have 10 WRs ahead of him but doesn’t mean anything if we strike out on all of them.

I’d think this kid is a take all day too. In our style O players like this thrive. Can’t take too many smurfs but he could be special in a wide open offense like this with limited touches and ST value. I think him and Yulkeith are the same spot honestly although I’d take Yulkeith over him. With that being said he ain’t coming lol. I doubt he’s a take at LSU, Georgia, or Bama either.

Where and when did Ivins say who he thought were the top WR’s on the board? Even if that is the case, still need to recruit this kid. We could have 10 WRs ahead of him but doesn’t mean anything if we strike out on all of them.

I’d think this kid is a take all day too. In our style O players like this thrive. Can’t take too many smurfs but he could be special in a wide open offense like this with limited touches and ST value. I think him and Yulkeith are the same spot honestly although I’d take Yulkeith over him. With that being said he ain’t coming lol. I doubt he’s a take at LSU, Georgia, or Bama either.
“I’ll add that I know Opelousas Catholic School Top247 wide receiver Keon Coleman is another Louisiana native the staff is chasing.”

“I know Miami is working Malik Nabers ... I surprised many last week when I put a UM forecast in on the 247Sports Crystal Ball for the Top247 wide receiver out of Lafayette (La.) Comex, but there was a reason why I did that and that’s because multiple people in Coral Gables believe that things are trending in the right direction. The Hurricanes are trying to sell Nabers not only on the idea of catching a ton of balls in Rhett Lashlee’s new offense, but also on the idea of getting coached up by Rob Likens,”

“ I believe Alexis has a very similar personality and mindset which is probably why the three-star wide receiver out of Pompano Beach Monarch is so high on the Hurricanes' board.”

all last weeks per Ivins. Here’s your top 3 WRs

Advertisement
Got ya, I saw that but thought you were referring to something else. I don’t think that necessarily means they are “top 3 on our board” at all but I got you. I think he mentioned Coleman simply because he is another LA WR and he had just finished talking about 1 in Nabers. We are “chasing” quite a few guys so I don’t know if that means he is at the top so to speak. Just my interpretation. As long as they identify some guys who have legitimate interest and actually recruit them like so then that’s a start ..

So you wouldn't take Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Tutu Atwell, Rondale Moore or Wandale Robinson? Gotcha.
Why are you bringing an RB into this?

besides the point, why this board so infatuated with taking guys that play the slot and then get mad when they play on the outside and get jammed up? This isn’t 2005, the average corner isn’t 5’10 in P5. They’re 6’0 and are able to take these little, small WR’s and use their size to take them out of a play. Then y’all complain “uhh we can’t get open”. Yea dummy, what do you think happens when you put a smaller human being vs. a bigger human being? All three all electric bu guess what? None are used on the boundary. Maybe if we started recruiting boundary WRs then we’ll actually get open.

Advertisement
Back