2020 Recruiting.

Advertisement
This sucks. We needed a PG in this class

Timberlake is a must must get, although he isn't a PG.
Not nearly as much as we needed serviceable big men. Guys who don't need years to get in shape, aren't stick thin, have good footwork in close, and can defend and rebound.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully we don't get burned like Walker last year.

Please lord let us land a five star again.

Who knows what he will be on the offense end, but dude can rebound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just confirmed, yes.

With Rodney, Nysier and Gak next season along with Sam, Anthony and Matt Cross, some may think it is not needed. I am not necessarily one of those people but playing time will be an issue due to the depth on the roster.

Started playing basketball at 12. Plus.

Advertisement

“Earl is one of the most versatile and toughest players that has ever worn a DeMatha uniform,” DeMatha coach Mike Jones said. “He can play any position on the floor and guard them all as well. His ability to play point guard makes him a huge matchup problem.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Earl averaged 19 ppg (29 mpg)on 49% shooting for Team Durant. One of the most efficient scorers in the country. Cross averaged 23.5 on 40% shooting.

Cross and Earl are also two great rebounders. Both averaged over 9/gm in bbl, which put them at top 10 in the country. Cross finished top ten in scoring and rebounding. Cross had 42 offensive rebounds during the season while Earl had 9.

Cross really did everything for his team. His shooting % likely dipped because his team wasn’t very good and went 1-12 in league play.His team was made up of kids from Worcester Academy.

For those that don’t know, this amateur basketball league (EYBL) is a mainstay for future nba players and Nike signees. 50% of American players under 27 played in EYBL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully we don't get burned like Walker last year.

Please lord let us land a five star again.
Think most "services" have him as a 4 star. But, I'll take a 4 star from DeMatha over a 5 star playing in far less competitive areas.

Also saw his primary recruiter at Seton Hall was Tony Skinn, who was Coach L's PG on his great Final Four George Mason team. Wonder if he might ever be reunited with Coach if a vacancy occurs. Appears he is a very good recruiter.

Think most "services" have him as a 4 star. But, I'll take a 4 star from DeMatha over a 5 star playing in far less competitive areas.

Also saw his primary recruiter at Seton Hall was Tony Skinn, who was Coach L's PG on his great Final Four George Mason team. Wonder if he might ever be reunited with Coach if a vacancy occurs. Appears he is a very good recruiter.

He is a 5 star on rivals and I believe at the end of the cycle 247 composite goes to 30 5 stars. If so, then on the composite he is a 5 star

It does not matter is Earl Timberlake is a 4 star or 5 star, he is a really good player who will help Miami win games and he will contribute immediately when he arrives on campus. That is what I care most about, immediate contribution to the basketball team.

Advertisement
Back