2020 Recruiting.

Since he is no longer available, I hope Miami pursues Andre Curbelo but I know Coach L likes the scoring point guard Devion Smith.

Advertisement

nrix1gnlbkzajsbunlje

NATIONAL
-
STATE
POSITION
EARL
TIMBERLAKE

6'5" | 205 LBS | SF
DEMATHA
HYATTSVILLE, MD
CLASS OF 2020

It is a total guessing game with Earl Timberlake. He has never been one to show his hand a whole lot or really speak much on his recruitment. What we do know is that he is down to a final seven. He visited Providence and South Carolina officially during his junior year, and has official visits scheduled to Pitt (Aug. 30), Miami (Sept. 13) and Alabama (Sept. 25). He is planning on using his remaining two official visits on North Carolina and Seton Hall.

There is a chance that he could complete all five of his official visits before November, which might lead to an early signing. Who he signs with is an entirely different story. Providence has been in the picture the longest, which is why he took his first official visit there last year. Miami is one to watch, thanks to the staff’s connections to the DMV region, and if there are two dark horses they would be Alabama and Pitt.

The latest whispers that I have heard connect Timberlake to South Carolina. But for now, things remain uncertain. His five official visits should clear things up a whole lot before a possible signing later this year.

Advertisement

I feel good about him coming to Miami especially since he has not setup the official visit to Kentucky. I think the reporters are more interested in him going to Kentucky than he is. As long as Miami gets the last visit, he could be a Cane.

Which top 50 player's recruitment remains the hardest to read?

Evans: Earl Timberlake. Who the heck knows what this dude is thinking!? That is not just my two cents but also what the seven programs that make up his final school list feel today. He originally visited Providence and South Carolina during his junior year, has visits scheduled for Alabama, Miami and Pitt for the coming weeks, and is also working on dates for North Carolina and Seton Hall.

I can promise you this -- no one has a great feel or understanding of where they sit within his recruitment. The Gamecocks have taken on most of the talk in recent months but even that is difficult to be deemed credible. His five official visits this fall will likely define where he ends up but my guess is that we will not really know which way he is leaning until he makes his college decision.

Advertisement

Who do you think are currently the legit contenders to land 2020 Forward Josh Hall?

JOSH
HALL

6'9" | 190 LBS | SF
MORAVIAN PREP ACADEMY
HICKORY, NC
CLASS OF 2020

Josh Hall told Rivals.com earlier this month that he was not planning on signing early and he was set on taking his recruitment into the winter. He might have such intentions in mind, but he also has two official visits scheduled, and each program will try to change Hall’s mind and have the five-star commit before leaving campus.

This weekend, Louisville will get the chance to host Hall before he heads to NC State on Sept. 6. Both ACC programs are strong contenders for him. From there, Alabama has a good chance, as do a group of others including Kansas, Miami and Texas. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if North Carolina ends up entering the picture if the Tar Heels miss on a few of their top targets. A commitment is not imminent, but there is no shortage of quality suitors that will be hoping to host Hall and then try to nail down a commitment this fall.

I wonder when he schedules his official visit to Miami. I wonder if it depends if or when John Hugley commits. Cliff Omoruyi is also in the mix but he has not scheduled an official visit yet.

Advertisement

Still the "crown jewel" of the 2020 recruiting class, IMO. However, with potentially 5 open scholarships (5th being Brooks getting a waiver and playing this season. A recruiting class of PG Andre Curbelo, SG Moses Moody, SF Earl Timberlake, PF Lance Ware and C John Hugley would be very good by most standards.

I would still want Barnes in this class with all of that said.

Per the article: As it stands now, Xavier and Miami seem to be the frontrunners with Alabama trailing right behind.

I think he commits to West Virginia but let's see how this plays out.

Two official visits left, let's see if Miami gets one. I have to wonder who the coaches prioritize in the recruiting process.

Advertisement

Still the "crown jewel" of the 2020 recruiting class, IMO. However, with potentially 5 open scholarships (5th being Brooks getting a waiver and playing this season. A recruiting class of PG Andre Curbelo, SG Moses Moody, SF Earl Timberlake, PF Lance Ware and C John Hugley would be very good by most standards.

I would still want Barnes in this class with all of that said.

Moody eliminated us today

Matt Cross said his AAU coach is cool with Coach L and a bunch of players from his program have gone to Miami then the NBA. Cross wants to play the 3 but Miami is recruiting him at the 4 for some reason

Good information. How come he cannot do both? Especially since Coach L loves to talk about "positionless basketball". Cross has a similar skillset to Anthony Lawrence and Coach L did Anthony a huge disservice by not recruiting the players that would allow Anthony to play more 3 during his career at Miami. IMO.

Safe to say, Matt Cross will not be the last player Miami recruits from the BABC program. I think that is the program Bruce Brown played with.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back