2020 LB Corey Flagg Jr OV

He deleted his tweet after people gave him ****. He said something along the lines of "hope your mom can block cancer as well as wide receivers". Dugans mom has stage 4 cancer. Disgusting.

That wasn’t really him was it I saw that tweet and I couldn’t believe it

Advertisement
Jesus christ man where are the mods to clean up these threads??

Send these drama ****ers to the WEZ and clean up the board

I’m a measurables guy and I’ve been underwhelmed by Manny’s LB recruiting.

With that said, how many guys with this exact profile have become star LBs in college? There are tons of them.

The Texas writers seem to love this kid. That tells me is a consistent performer.

Advertisement

With that said, how many guys with this exact profile have become star LBs in college? There are tons of them.

The Texas writers seem to love this kid. That tells me is a consistent performer.

As I pointed out above, he's faster and heavier than Vilma was coming out of H.S.

i want this kid...just to get a foot in the door at that school and im guessing the Houston area.

Also kid seems like a leader and can definately play in the rotation in this Acc. Kid diagnoses real well...amd other than height his measurables are ok.

Maybe he is a Will spot (Pinkney) player he sifts through traffic real well. Perryman likely only has him by an inch. Could be a good mentor for him...he doesnt have the pop of Perryman though but sifts through like he did

i want this kid...just to get a foot in the door at that school and im guessing the Houston area.

Also kid seems like a leader and can definately play in the rotation in this Acc. Kid diagnoses real well...amd other than height his measurables are ok.

Maybe he is a Will spot (Pinkney) player he sifts through traffic real well.

WLB is his only shot IMO.

Advertisement

Maybe he is a Will spot (Pinkney) player he sifts through traffic real well. Perryman likely only has him by an inch. Could be a good mentor for him...he doesnt have the pop of Perryman though but sifts through like he did
Really wish you on the staff instead of this board, you get a kid from high talent area outside your footprint, you don't know what doors that can open for you.

The kid clearly has some talent. You don't win MVP at the Opening in Houston unless you are a quality football player. But it's undeniable that the 40 time is a concern. Just look at LB 40 times at the NFL combine. He'd be second to last with those numbers, just ahead of a kid from New Mexico State:

Devin White (LSU): 4.42
Devin Bush (Michgan): 4.43
Gary Johnson (Texas): 4.43
Blake Cashman (Minnesota): 4.50
Ty Summers (TCU): 4.51
Ben Burr-Kirven (Washington): 4.56
Germaine Pratt (North Carolina State): 4.57
Drue Tranquill (Notre Dame): 4.57
Bobby Okereke (Stanford): 4.58
Tyrel Dodson (Texas A & M): 4.60
Jordan James (Kentucky): 4.62
Sione Takitaki (BYU): 4.63
Cody Barton (Utah): 4.64
Emeke Egbule (Houston): 4.65
Ryan Connell (Wisconsin): 4.66
Cameron Smith (USC): 4.69
Joe Giles Harris (Duke): 4.75
Dakota Allen (Texas Tech): 4.77
Otaro Alaka (Texas A & M): 4.82
Jeff Allison (Fresno State): 4.82
Bryson Allen-Williams (South Carolina): 4.88
Terrill Hanks (New Mexico State): 4.98
He's 17 years old. He has 4 years of College S&C to improve his 40 time.

Advertisement
this isn't true for linebacker specifically but the defensive staff in general under manny has a pretty good track with early 3 star takes: garvin, nesta, harvey, blissett, ivey were all 3 star takes that became 4 stars, rousseau and ford potentially are 3 star guys who were taken early who will outplay their star rating.

this kid's tape looks more like high 3 star to me but i tend to trust this defensive staff's evaluations 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement

Why do you think it appears that their struggling so much to recruit LB's?

Why do you think it appears that their struggling so much to recruit LB's?
The struggles have been overstated given the optics. Hard to recruit that many linebackers when you have 3 4 year starters at the position. This is the year we should have the most traction given the guys that are leaving.

But 2016 Zach, shaq, Pinckney
2017 Jennings, steed, wilder
2018 joyner
2019 huff and brooks

“Struggling” May be a bit overstated imo, could it be better? Yes but injuries have hit that 2017 group pretty hard and who knows if Jennings or wilder will even be cleared to play this year. And then playing behind the starters they have limited experience so we really don’t know what exactly they can do. I’m really high on huff and brooks though and Joyner flashed in the spring game

Rather try and flip Reuben hyppolite or get wingo or Andy Garcia honestly, room needs to get more athletic not less
In a earlier comment above this you literally said you don't know anything about the kid, but you're certain you don't think he's good enough? Lol...

Brock come on bro, be smarter than that, don't just be a blind follower of popular opinions on the board.

We're trying to land 4 LB's this class, we can add Flagg & still try to flip Hyppolite later in the year after Maryland goes 4-8. Wingo ain't coming, never had any interest in Miami & Andy Garica is a wait & see prospect.

A LB group of AJ Mathis, Corey Flagg, Tirek Austin-Cave & one of Latarie Kinsler/Khaya Wright or Hyppolite is **** good haul, and of course if we win 10 games & the coastal this season the door will remain open for the possibility of landing someone else in Dec/Jan.

Advertisement
Back