2020 LB Corey Flagg Jr OV

Advertisement
Cool, but just for the record, if Miami winds up with an LB class in the mold of Corey Flagg, AJ Mathis, Tirek Austin-Cave and Choe Bryant-Strother, then Jon Patke should be fired minutes after NSD just like Doherty was.

Diaz kept him. He’s not going anywhere.

His numbers are impressive. Will be interested to see if he can replicate those numbers with less talent on the team.

Advertisement
Outside of his measurables, my only concern with the kid is why the instate Texas schools aren’t after him. Maybe they can just get any 4 or 5 star and this is a kid that gets left out. Either way I like trying to make Texas a priority and think this kid can play.

This thread looks like it was hijacked so I apologize if I repeat anything.

Looks like Patke and Corey are really connecting. North Shore is loaded with young talent. I will definitely take a linebacker that has grown up trying to tackle Zach Evans.

A&M has been following Corey since before Jimbo came in. He has done very well at their camps. Not sure why there was never an offer.

FYI, Jimbo doesn’t seem too big on stars when it comes to LB

Texas Tech offered him after his freshman year.

This is not my opinion as I know very little about ILB, but I did hear something about him not having SEC speed, but would be perfect at Miami where we have a Striker

I trust Manny. He plays hard. Seems like a great kid. I love the idea of a North Shore pipeline.

F*ck it. Offer Zach Evans, too.

Advertisement
What’s your opinion on Corey?

In a class where we need 4, I don’t mind the take. As many have stated, his school is an absolute powerhouse and has been for a long time. I'm from Houston so I am very familiar with his school and the type of talent that rolls through there and will CONTINUE to roll through there so that's a plus that could help us down the line. In our attacking scheme that is all about disruption and blowing **** up, I think he can contribute and be a player at WLB. In terms of pure sifting through trash, reading his keys and getting downhill he is actually very good at that. I think he can be very similar to what we have at WLB now in MP and neither one of them are physical freaks. I just don't think the ceiling is very high and would like to see us take more talented guys but I also understand beggars can't be choosers. We have seen guys like this be extremely productive in CFB and not only that but guys like this at BC, VT, UVA, etc kill us over the years. Bottomline, I think he can be a productive player in our system because he is smart and isn't just a run and chase guy that will have to actually learn the nuances of playing LB. He seems more advanced in that area then most guys we bring in to play LB honestly and due to that he will probably be able to contribute early. Feeley will earn his check with this one. Shave that baby fat off and put some short area burst/explosion on this kid and he could really really thrive with what we ask our WLBs to do IMO ...

Last edited:
I'm not settling for anything, I'm just not a delusional thinking all these prospects that literally have no interest in Miami are something to get all bent out of shape over because I'm not a blind follower & star *****.

Tirek Austin-Cave is one the best LB's in this class regardless of his ranking, landing him & AJ Mathis with 2 more is not mediocre at all.

You guys just overreact to everything & think that every single player that isn't a "247 God" sucks, meanwhile the NFL is filled with players who weren't highly touted or high rated coming out HS.

Which is why its extremely difficult to take anything that the star whores say seriously. All they do is recycle the same tired rhetoric regarding recruiting rankings, combine ratings, & bags to ad-nauseam. They are trying to apply a rigid methodology to a process that is otherwise an inexact science. If talent evaluation & development was as simple as the star whores make it seem, wouldn't colleges be lining up to hire these morons?? Clearly it's a much more involved process, and whether they admit it or not, player intangibles are often times just as important, as raw athleticism.

Last edited:
This thread looks like it was hijacked so I apologize if I repeat anything.

Looks like Patke and Corey are really connecting. North Shore is loaded with young talent. I will definitely take a linebacker that has grown up trying to tackle Zach Evans.

A&M has been following Corey since before Jimbo came in. He has done very well at their camps. Not sure why there was never an offer.

FYI, Jimbo doesn’t seem too big on stars when it comes to LB

Texas Tech offered him after his freshman year.

This is not my opinion as I know very little about ILB, but I did hear something about him not having SEC speed, but would be perfect at Miami where we have a Striker

I trust Manny. He plays hard. Seems like a great kid. I love the idea of a North Shore pipeline.

F*ck it. Offer Zach Evans, too.
I'd argue you probably need less speed in SEC than other conferences. SEC is probably the conference least predicated on spacing and more old school

Advertisement
Which is why its extremely difficult to take anything that the star whores say seriously. All they do is recycle the same tired rhetoric regarding recruiting rankings, combine ratings, & bags to ad-nauseam. They are trying to apply a rigid methodology to a process that is otherwise an inexact science. If talent evaluation & development was as simple as the star whores make it seem, wouldn't colleges be lining up to hire those morons?? Clearly it's a much more involved process, and whether they admit it or not, player intangibles are often times just as important, as raw athleticism.

So true! There are thousands of H.S. football players across the country. There's no way the so-called recruiting gurus are able to see all of them and the ones they see it's generally not intense viewing. While it's improved somewhat in the last 15-20 years, it's far from an exact science.

Don’t know nothing about the kid but we better improve our recruiting average per recruit soon because it’s taken a hit recently with some of these takes
That will take care of itself easily with a 10 or 11 win season

Advertisement
That's a very mediocre haul. I thought we were trying to be better but it seems like u are settling for the same old thing. Why can't we go for guys like Cody Simon, Kourt William's, or Trenton Simpson, like are people so scared to miss on prospects that we will just settle for average.
In the past we've put all our eggs in the elite player only basket and we've been burned with that strategy by getting played by too many divas. We need 4 linebackers this class so it may not be realistic to expect 4 world beaters unless we have a magical season ahead.

3 Star U!
Screenshot_2019-05-11-11-01-40(1).png

Advertisement
Back