2020 Draft Thread

For selfish reasons would love for him to drop into Rd 3 - 5 and come back next year to make a run at a Round 1 pick. Probably wishful thinking though.

I think the only chance that happens is if his asking price is very high. Would be great if it did happen though.

Advertisement
I think the only chance that happens is if his asking price is very high. Would be great if it did happen though.
Wonder how much he wants? It’s definitely possible as the 2nd round goes that he could get to the point where returning is an option on the table, however unlikely. I thought Gino made a good point regarding these minor league seasons not starting until next year anyway. You aren’t really losing anything this year and there is a chance to double your money in 12 months.

Wonder how much he wants? It’s definitely possible as the 2nd round goes that he could get to the point where returning is an option on the table, however unlikely. I thought Gino made a good point regarding these minor league seasons not starting until next year anyway. You aren’t really losing anything this year and there is a chance to double your money in 12 months.

I'm sure he wants over a million. Not sure what his actual asking price is though.

This is definitely a weird draft year, would love to get him back for another season.

Advertisement
So if we were all taking bets right now:

We lose Slade and Mcmahon?
Keep Zamora & Van Belle along with all off the other soon to be seniors?

I can’t imagine he would sign for $20k. Seems like just coming back and going into a full draft next year would be his best option. Guess we will see.
Next year he'll have no leverage at all even if he does get drafted. He probably wouldn't get more than $5-10K. If does actually get offered $20K thsi year, he's definitely going to have a decision to make.

So if we were all taking bets right now:

We lose Slade and Mcmahon?
Keep Zamora & Van Belle along with all off the other soon to be seniors?
I still think it's more likely than not that we lose Freddy, and Toral isn't a lock to go undrafted either. No idea on Van Belle either way. Depends on what he wants and whether he's offered the full $20K.

Advertisement
I still think it's more likely than not that we lose Freddy, and Toral isn't a lock to go undrafted either. No idea on Van Belle either way. Depends on what he wants and whether he's offered the full $20K.

I tend to agree on Zamora but think Toral comes back. College power hitters seem to be in demand based on yesterday. Don't know why he wouldn't try to get a big payday next year vs a few hundred thousand he'd likely get, at most, as late round pick today.

It would be nice if all the HS kids slip totally out or to 4th or 5th round.

And BVB should come back. Be the Friday night guy on a team that should score its share of runs. And who knows, if he picks up a MPH or two on his fastball, he could go higher than expected next year and at least get some much deserved draft recognition.

Slade and McMahon have electric stuff, I think both are gone.

Freddy is a toss up, Toral should be back. BVB should be back as well.

Hopefully we sign our top recruits and they make it to campus. I envision a lot of top HS prospects going JUCO next year to re-enter the draft pool in 2021.

Sucks with Slade. Wanted to see at least one more year with a pitcher with his potential, not to mention size which we rarely get....unfortunately, he is gone on developmental potential alone. Gonzo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back