2020 Draft Thread

Advertisement
I don’t think so. It may be as simple as only wanting one player from a particular school.

If we have to lose them, let's hope they are both first rounders. Should help recruiting to see two guys in the same year going in the first round.

ESPN Top 150
30 Cecconi
45 McMahon
97 Morales
122 Infante
133 Zamora

Athletic Top 100
45 McMahon
49 Cecconi

I had to triple check I wasn’t missing Mederos and Rosario in these

Advertisement
MLB.com Mock Draft
22 Cecconi (Nationals)
26 McMahon (Athletics)

CBS Mock Draft
29 McMahon (Dodgers)
No Cecconi through Comp A

Athletic Mock Draft
21 McMahon (Cardinals)

Last edited:
ESPN Top 150
30 Cecconi
45 McMahon
97 Morales
122 Infante
133 Zamora

Athletic Top 100
45 McMahon
49 Cecconi

I had to triple check I wasn’t missing Mederos and Rosario in these

Could we be so lucky and get both of them to campus?

Could we be so lucky and get both of them to campus?
I’d tend to stick with the MLB.com rankings that puts them in the 70-100 range, but we’ve gotten Slade and Chris out of the range in recent years. I’ll be a little surprised if we get both, but it’s not unrealistic that we get at least one.

This year who knows though. ESPN’s draft guy wrote today that he’s heard chatter that some teams may take top 3 round picks without inquiring about signability, offer 30% below slot, and be happy with a comp pick next year under the pretense that saving money will save jobs.

I’d tend to stick with the MLB.com rankings that puts them in the 70-100 range, but we’ve gotten Slade and Chris out of the range in recent years. I’ll be a little surprised if we get both, but it’s not unrealistic that we get at least one.

This year who knows though. ESPN’s draft guy wrote today that he’s heard chatter that some teams may take top 3 round picks without inquiring about signability, offer 30% below slot, and be happy with a comp pick next year under the pretense that saving money will save jobs.

There could well be some perfunctory picks without a lot of real attempt to sign w the animosity between teams and players over money right now. Could be an interesting two days. Let's hope Gino and the coaches are taking advantage and showing a lot of love.

Advertisement
Final Mock Drafts
ESPN
28 Cecconi (Yankees)
31 McMahon (Pirates) Comp A

MLB.com
Callis
29 Cecconi (Dodgers)

Mayo
25 McMahon (Braves)
29 Cecconi (Dodgers)

The Athletic has neither in the first round of its final mock

Final Mock Drafts
ESPN
28 Cecconi (Yankees)

MLB.com
Callis
29 Cecconi (Dodgers)

Mayo
25 McMahon (Braves)
29 Cecconi (Dodgers)

2 first round draft picks on the mound and we still get swept by UF :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Final Mock Drafts
ESPN
28 Cecconi (Yankees)

MLB.com
Callis
29 Cecconi (Dodgers)

Mayo
25 McMahon (Braves)
29 Cecconi (Dodgers)

ESPN expanded its mock further through Comp B after the 2nd round with no Zamora or any our recruits.

Advertisement
D1 Baseball doesn't have Chris or Slade in their 1st round. They also reported that the NCAA has lifted the 35 man roster cap and 25% min scholarship for next year. Sounds like more advantage for the Power 5 public schools to me.

Other than the slam dunk with Torkelson at number one, it hasn’t been a mock draft friendly start.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back