2020 de decommits

Nothing should phase me anymore with recruiting in South Florida but I always get sucked back in. I hate myself for it every time but I always come back. This kids mom literally posts on this board and he decommitted. Can't make this stuff up anymore, it's unbelievable.

Advertisement
Nothing should phase me anymore with recruiting in South Florida but I always get sucked back in. I hate myself for it every time but I always come back. This kids mom literally posts on this board and he decommitted. Can't make this stuff up anymore, it's unbelievable.
Or I’m gonna silent commit to Miami but a few days before a commitment on my Ma’s bday who is a Canes fan, I’m gonna go to Bama. I don’t live in South Florida, but if that doesn’t get you thinking what the **** then idk what does. Unless it’s me running around the neighborhood in 20 degree temps with my shirt off and in shorts if Miami lands Haselwood.

It's truly ridiculous. Oh well, we will be fine. Opportunity for someone else in 2020 to be a Cane that wants to be.
Not worried about defense in 2020 at the moment. I’m worried about guys on offense especially at Qb and the O line. Plenty of talent committed at Tight End and WR with a chance to add Rosemy and then Don Chaney at Rb.

Advertisement
Need to change their strategy in this, stop taking these early commitments only for them to decommit later, this is very similar to what use to happen when Golden was here and it’s sickening to me that it is now occurring under richts watch.its getting worse because It didn’t happen much in the 2017 class of guys we wanted or in the 2018 class outside of jobe but now it’s too frequently

Last edited:
Death spiral? We are 5-2 this year and our coach has a .727 winning percentage here. Get a grip loser. The issue is, no kid wants to play for a program who has horrific fans who twist in the wind. Embarrassing really.
Death spiral? We are 5-2 this year and our coach has a .727 winning percentage here. Get a grip loser. The issue is, no kid wants to play for a program who has horrific fans who twist in the wind. Embarrassing really.

You are correct program is on the rise and all is good.

Need to change their strategy in this, stop taking these early commitments only for them to decommit later, this is very similar to what use to happen when Golden was here and it’s sickening to me that it is now occurring under richts watch.its getting worse because It didn’t happen much in the 2017 calls of guys we wanted or in the 2018 class outside of jobe but now it’s too frequently

i think its partially bc if you dont take their commitments early, they'll come back and say you were late on them and slow played them or some bs. thats the issue w these kids

Advertisement
Need to change their strategy in this, stop taking these early commitments only for them to decommit later, this is very similar to what use to happen when Golden was here and it’s sickening to me that it is now occurring under richts watch.its getting worse because It didn’t happen much in the 2017 calls of guys we wanted or in the 2018 class outside of jobe but now it’s too frequently

I agree with you but I think it would just be another thing for some of these south florida players to hold against us. It's either we didn't offer first, we didn't take the commitment, we didn't show enough love, we didn't take someones teammate, etc. South Florida loyalty is a one way street when it comes to the University of Miami.

I mean We didn't take Nunn's commitment at first and it circled back around to us so that worked there. Just think some kids are cut a little different like Nunn and Bandy and just grind making it to the point you can't say no to them.

i think its partially bc if you dont take their commitments early, they'll come back and say you were late on them and slow played them or some bs. thats the issue w these kids
Well what we got ain’t working now because evidently we can’t hold on to kids. This is bad for perception

These local kids just using Miami for a boost to their offer list and secretly crossing their fingers for offers from the bag schools can all have their South Florida card revoked. Go live the rest of your life with the klansmen in $ec country. But don't get hurt or underwhelm... you won't like how they treat you then, boys.

Advertisement
They took care of business and that’s something Miami hasn’t been able to do. Beat up on bad teams and losing to bad teams like ND, UNC in 2016, Pitt last year, and Virginia this year.

Agreed. I will give that to Paul Chryst. Most of the time he beats the teams they are supposed to beat. BYU was an outlier and even that wasn't to bad considering the fact that Wisconsin only has 6 more 4 stars on their roster than BYU has. He even beats teams with better recruits then them on a regular basis.

Need to change their strategy in this, stop taking these early commitments only for them to decommit later, this is very similar to what use to happen when Golden was here and it’s sickening to me that it is now occurring under richts watch.its getting worse because It didn’t happen much in the 2017 class of guys we wanted or in the 2018 class outside of jobe but now it’s too frequently

Golden was begging for the early commits, while this staff makes early offers but tells the kids only to commit when they're ready (at least the kids with committable offers). So you offer a 2020 kid and he wants to commit on the spot. If you say no, the S. Fla. Diva will hold it against you later. If you say yes, you get to work twice as hard to protect the commit over the next 18 to 24 months. Factor in that a few of those kids are just using the local offer as a safety blanket, and the more nefarious are using it to drive up the bidding. Change the strategy?? The strategy isn't broken, it's these kids and the local culture that is fvcked. Best chance we have is going grass roots, building relationships early on, and trying to make real connections with these kids to break through the bullsh!t. This staff does that.

Advertisement
South Florida lmfaoooo. We could win 3 ships in a roll and these kids still gonna play game. Let’s not fool ourselves. Winning helps but you can’t take the south Florida out of people. It’s all about games to these kids.

South Florida lmfaoooo. We could win 3 ships in a roll and these kids still gonna play game. Let’s not fool ourselves. Winning helps but you can’t take the south Florida out of people. It’s all about games to these kids.
Miami now has a top 2 defense attacking 4-3 defense in the country , new facilities

South Florida dlineman ,”oh I’m too good to play for them” smfh..

Advertisement
Back