2020 de decommits

Careful what you say about Elijah. His mom posts here...
Maybe they need to re assess what the word "commitment" means. I wish Elijah and their family the best of luck moving forward. Hopefully they take the appropriate amount of time to reach a Final commitment with the next decision.

Advertisement
Who cares. This is a Miami fansite, don’t check here if your kid just decomitted after being “committed” for 4 months. He’s got 5 offers, move on. Soft *** kids

Maybe, but we will see how they close out the season. It’s these kids committing too early and the staff accepting their commitments only to decommit a few months later.

Its understandable though. They probably figured I always wanted to be a Cane. The team is looking good we just blew ND out at home. I got the offer I am going to commit. Then ND loses another game. Almost loses to a trash LSU team with no QB in the bowl and these players realized ND is overrated and not a big win. We lose to Pitt who isn't going bowling, then we raped by Clemson, then beat badly by a garbage Wisconsin team at home. The players figured ok next year will be Richts 3rd year here. They will have a QB and they will be better next year. We get blown out by LSU and the UVA loss was the final straw. All the while they are seeing Kirby kill it up at UGA after Richt had so much trouble doing anything up there. They realize the coach is a fraud and know that if they want to win games they need to open up their recruitment.

lol recruits aren't like fans in terms of a teams results. no single loss is going to make a kid dip same as no single win (unless its an NC win of course).

No single win is true, but the UVA game was obviously the last straw after our signature win last year against ND and ND turned out to be highly overrated. We lost to a losing record Pitt. Raped by Clemson. Bludgeoned by a terrible Wisconsin team at home. All the while Kirby took Richts old team to OT in the NC. Then we got smashed by LSU and the UVA loss was the final straw.

Advertisement

Literally...I’m not joking.

So what....if she cant take people talking about her son then dont come on a forum. Kids act like prima donnas and need attention then expect it. Not enough love??? go get a girlfriend

Its understandable though. They probably figured I always wanted to be a Cane. The team is looking good we just blew ND out at home. I got the offer I am going to commit. Then ND loses another game. Almost loses to a trash LSU team with no QB in the bowl and these players realized ND is overrated and not a big win. We lose to Pitt who isn't going bowling, then we raped by Clemson, then beat badly by a garbage Wisconsin team at home. The players figured ok next year will be Richts 3rd year here. They will have a QB and they will be better next year. We get blown out by LSU and the UVA loss was the final straw. All the while they are seeing Kirby kill it up at UGA after Richt had so much trouble doing anything up there. They realize the coach is a fraud and know that if they want to win games they need to open up their recruitment.
I see what you are saying I mean Wisconsin wasn’t a garbage team but that game was def winnable, obviously shouldn’t have lost to Pitt, and we knew we’d get smoked to Clemson. The only thing that puzzles me is why aren’t more elite defensive guys coming here. I mean 2 years in a row one of the best defenses in the country. Shouldn’t that make you wanna come here and be apart of that?

Offense obviously is another issue and it starts with the qb and playcalling. If Miami could end 10-2, make the Clemson game somewhat competitive, and win their bowl game then that will give Miami positive momentum going into the off season.

Advertisement
I see what you are saying I mean Wisconsin wasn’t a garbage team but that game was def winnable, obviously shouldn’t have lost to Pitt, and we knew we’d get smoked to Clemson. The only thing that puzzles me is why aren’t more elite defensive guys coming here. I mean 2 years in a row one of the best defenses in the country. Shouldn’t that make you wanna come here and be apart of that?

Offense obviously is another issue and it starts with the qb and playcalling. If Miami could end 10-2, make the Clemson game somewhat competitive, and win their bowl game then that will give Miami positive momentum going into the off season.

They were pretty bad. They had like 8 4 stars on the entire roster and only had 1 win against a decent team and that was us. Wisconsin always goes far because they are in the weakest division in the P5 and AAC. Its because players also want to win. They can go to other schools with almost as good defenses and still have a chance of winning a big bowl game. I agree that if that happens we should have good momentum going forward. Hopefully it happens.

If the 2 South Dade kids do decomitt (as per a post on 247) in the near future then one has to wonder what top school(s) have gotten into their heads recently. Schools will use their winning record and your record to sway players--name of the game.

Are they aware there's a recruiting class ahead of theirs?

No wonder we're starting to recruit North Florida heavier and heavier.
Amen! Plus Miami is in the middle of their season trying to turn it around and finish strong.

Advertisement
just saw this as well, this is a local Colombus kid. Seemed very much into our program until recently and yes his Mom has posted on this board. I would love to understand the background on the why the decomit by Elija Roberts and the OL Dennis from S. Dade as well.

The fence have beem imploded from the inside and the big dogs are smelling blood and rats are jumping

Last edited:
They were pretty bad. They had like 8 4 stars on the entire roster and only had 1 win against a decent team and that was us. Wisconsin always goes far because they are in the weakest division in the P5 and AAC. Its because players also want to win. They can go to other schools with almost as good defenses and still have a chance of winning a big bowl game. I agree that if that happens we should have good momentum going forward. Hopefully it happens.
I know Wisconsin had a weak schedule but 13-1 and a win over Michigan and losing by 6 to OSU is a good season and then to beat Miami in Miami is no easy task. With all due respect, I don’t think they were bad.

I agree tho, kids want wins and Miami improved from Year 1 to Year 2 by 2 wins (Yes I’m counting Arkansas State as a W). This year idk, not holding my breath with the mess at qb and our playcalling.

I know Wisconsin had a weak schedule but 13-1 and a win over Michigan and losing by 6 to OSU is a good season and then to beat Miami in Miami is no easy task. With all due respect, I don’t think they were bad.

I agree tho, kids want wins and Miami improved from Year 1 to Year 2 by 2 wins (Yes I’m counting Arkansas State as a W). This year idk, not holding my breath with the mess at qb and our playcalling.

Michigan was horrible last year. We can agree to disagree. Wisconsin is really good at beating up on bad teams, but never actually has the horses to beat the big boys.

Advertisement
Lol at some of these kids. They don't get a like or a retweet enough and they aren't feeling the love. SOFT!

All this is due to the ill decisions and lack of reaction from corch Richt. The lack of a quality product on display week in and week out, talented freshmans sittting on the bench and a rotten QB back as a starter killed this season momentum if any.

People keep trying to measure how far we are from Clemson. We have five decommitments in the 2020 class alone, they've had two total in the past 4 years. But, Ohio State lost to Purdue so we Gucci.

Michigan was horrible last year. We can agree to disagree. Wisconsin is really good at beating up on bad teams, but never actually has the horses to beat the big boys.
They took care of business and that’s something Miami hasn’t been able to do. Beat up on bad teams and losing to bad teams like ND, UNC in 2016, Pitt last year, and Virginia this year.

Advertisement
Back