2020 Class- Top Targets & Offers: Defense

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
DE: 3 Grade: B+
  1. Chantz Williams COMMIT (EE)
  2. Quentin Williams COMMIT
  3. Quincy Roche COMMIT - Transfer
Misses - Romello Height, Donnell Harris (But not really cause IMO he's more of a Diva than a Dawg)

Analysis - Landing Roche after losing Height was big, but would've been nice to keep Height (has the most potential IMO)

DT:
1 Grade: B+
  1. Elijah Roberts COMMIT
Misses - None really. Maybe Jalen Carter but he was SEC all the way

Analysis - Roberts is one of the more underrated players in this class. Future Stud

LB: 2 Grade: B

1. Tirek Austin-Cave COMMIT (EE)
  2. Corey Flagg COMMIT (EE)
Misses - Justin Flowe, Keyshawn Greene, Reuben Hyppolite

Analysis- TAC has the potential to be a starter this year, but our misses hurt especially when we should have added 1 more

Striker: 2 Grade: A
  1. Jalen Harrell COMMIT (EE)
  2. Keshawn Washington COMMIT
Misses - None

Analysis: Harrell - perfect fit for Striker

CB: 2 Grade: C-
  1. Marcus Clarke COMMIT
  2. Isaiah Dunson COMMIT

Misses - Keshawn Lawrence, Brian George, Davonte Brown, Ronald Delancy

Analysis - Really down year in SoFla, but once again Rumph's recruiting has sucked.

S: 2 Grade: B+
  1. Avantae Williams COMMIT
  2. Brian Balom COMMIT

Misses - Jaidon Francois, Ladarius Tennison

Analysis - Big miss not getting Francois. But Banda rebounded and got Avantae. Pretty solid S class

Last edited:
Advertisement
it’s understandable that kids wanna have the ball in their hands and play RB, especially coming up from younger ball where that’s the glory position. but any understanding of the NFL will show you that DBs get paid and RBs do not — i wonder at what point that will become a persuasive recruiting argument.

imo if travis homer was a safety he would be seen as a top 2 round pick... i think he would have minkah fitzpatrick type potential.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jaidon isn’t a CB either.
I think it could also depend on who else on the board comes aboard. For instance, lets say we get Gray (true CB) and Davis or Ringo or **** even Harrell who I think will blow up. Then that gives us the luxury of being able to move Jaidon over to FS. I actually love the fact a lot of DB guys we are after could actually move around and play both.

Advertisement
That’ll put us a 9 bro plus they’re gonna go balls to the wall for Bradley’s bro Branden in 2021.

You want to be 3 deep at the LB position. U do know that right? Bradley’s brother won’t have an issue with our depth chart if he’s a baller.
Plus Joyner yet to play LB and we don’t know the medical condition of Wilder.

You want to be 3 deep at the LB position. U do know that right? Bradley’s brother won’t have an issue with our depth chart if he’s a baller.
Plus Joyner yet to play LB and we don’t know the medical condition of Wilder.
3 deep = 9 Lbers...you know that right?

Advertisement
Back