2020 Class- Top Targets & Offers: Defense

Updated OP - Any recommendations?
A couple just on whats being reported on 247 I would say Jaylen Harell needs to be much higher on the DE list. I would also say Latarie Kinsler should be on top of Johnny Walker but Kinsler is more of a lb target. At DT it seems like Elijah Roberts is number 1 and The Juco kid Perrion Winfrey should be up there. For corners Ivins made it seem yesterday as if Kehsawn Lawrence, Fred Davis, Ethan Pouncey and Kendall dennis are our top targets rn. I like the list tho our board is all over the place so we dont really know anything

Advertisement
A couple just on whats being reported on 247 I would say Jaylen Harell needs to be much higher on the DE list. I would also say Latarie Kinsler should be on top of Johnny Walker but Kinsler is more of a lb target. At DT it seems like Elijah Roberts is number 1 and The Juco kid Perrion Winfrey should be up there. For corners Ivins made it seem yesterday as if Kehsawn Lawrence, Fred Davis, Ethan Pouncey and Kendall dennis are our top targets rn. I like the list tho our board is all over the place so we dont really know anything

Thanks for the intel. Our DE board looks the most defined. DBs seem all over the place because they are chasing the big fish first (Lawrence, Davis, Cavazos)

Kinsler should be at LB cause that’s where they want him and in that top 2 and could happen soon. Jalen Carter should be higher, they really like him.

Pough should be at corner.

If Delancey were to get an offer, it’s at safety.

Kinsler should be at LB cause that’s where they want him and in that top 2 and could happen soon. Jalen Carter should be higher, they really like him.

Pough should be at corner.

If Delancey were to get an offer, it’s at safety.

Thanks Geo, you know better than I.. changes made

Updated OP - 6/24

Top Remaining Targets:

DE - Harrell, Height
LB - Hyppolite, Austin-Cave, long shot at Flowe

CB - Brian George and Kendall Dennis (Lakeland). If we miss on either would be nice to see us go after some other SoFla DBs
S - Avante and Tennison

Advertisement
Updated OP - 7/9

Top Remaining Targets:

DE - Chantz Williams
LB - Hyppolite, long shot at Flowe
CB - Marcus Clarke and/or Brian George
S - Avante and Tennison

Defensive class really shaping up too. Reminds me alot of the 2018 class with alot of the class wrapped up and ready to sign early (hopefully)

10/17 Update -

Need to keep this class together. Have some real good pieces and under the radars guys (Tirek Austin-Cave, Height, Branch, Roberts, Clarke, etc.)

LB - Land Hyppolite
CB/S/Striker - Once again our DB recruiting is a mess. Harrell would be a nice piece to add, but we need more natural corners. Would love to see us pursue Delancy

Not surprised, but Rumph and Banda have missed on their top Targets (Tennison, Avante Williams, Lejond Cavazos, Keshawn Lawrence, Jaiden Francois)

11/4 - Update

The rumors of the staff not recruiting/potentially dropping Riggins, tells me they are impressed with the 3 Freshman DTs (Holley, Harrison-Hunte, Blissett) and will only take 2 DTs this cycle (Roberts & Moise). I'm fine with that, we need the depth more at DB.

LB - Going all out for Flowe. Sounds like Hyppolite might be playing games, but I still hope we can land him
CB - Davonte Brown seems to be the target for the final spot
S - Staff going after Harrell and still trying to pull Francois back in

If this defense keeps playing the way they are, and we win out, no reason why we shouldn't land Hyppolite, Brown, Harrell and maybe even Francois to close out the class on defense.

Advertisement
11/30 - Updated OP - Added Harrell Commitment and removed Mathis and Riggins

Remaining Targets -

- DE Jaylen Harrell - Visiting 12/13
- LB Justin Flowe
- LB Keyshawn Greene (FSU) - Visiting 12/13
- LB Ruben Hyppolite (MD)
- CB Davonte Brown - Visiting 12/6
- CB Ronald Delancy (NEB)
- S Jaidon Francois - Visiting 12/13

CB Recruiting is a mess (Rumph cough cough), hope we can land Delancy

IMO we finish with Harrell, Francois, Greene and 1 of Brown/Delancy

Remaining Targets -

- LB Justin Flowe
- CB Davonte Brown

Refresh my memory....has Flowe visited yet? Was he at Paradise?

Advertisement

Remaining Targets -

- LB Justin Flowe
- CB Davonte Brown - Visiting 12/6

Banda controls the DB recruiting. Including CB.. They let Rumph recruit who they want.

But I do agree CB recruiting can be better although I do really like Clarke

12/11 - Updated OP (added position grades and missed targets)

Honestly besides CB our Defensive recruiting for this class has been very solid and we did a good job landing top realistic targets.

My only big beef with Rumph is dig deeper into your SoFla CB evaluations. No way a guy like Delancy should be offered so late or you circle back late and realize you might want to keep Hodges

12/11 - Updated OP (added position grades and missed targets)

Honestly besides CB our Defensive recruiting for this class has been very solid and we did a good job landing top realistic targets.

My only big beef with Rumph is dig deeper into your SoFla CB evaluations. No way a guy like Delancy should be offered so late or you circle back late and realize you might want to keep Hodges
What is baffling is that Rumph is a South Florida guy - player, HS coach, etc. How kids like Taiwan Mullen never got a sniff last year, to Delancey getting ignored this year, is mind boggling.

Advertisement
1/22 - Updated OP -

Story of this defensive class: DB Recruiting has sucked. This is the last year for Rumph and Banda to get their act together, otherwise they should be shown the door

1/22 - Updated OP -

Story of this defensive class: DB Recruiting has sucked. This is the last year for Rumph and Banda to get their act together, otherwise they should be shown the door
In reality We haven’t recruited anywhere the amount of blue chip dbs we have in the last 3 classes even when randy Shannon/golden was here, this hysteria of the db recruiting is going overboard. Have the missed on guys? Yes but they have both also brought in some talented dbs too but they aren’t acknowledged for that

Advertisement
Back