2020 ATH De’Rickey Wright Offered

I know how is career played out S in HS, LB in college, and DE in the NFL , so what are you trying to prove? Put him at LB and have him rush on certain downs, jut like the article says

I'm not trying to prove anything, other than point out anyone can play the "he could be so and so" game.

You're talking circles because I already said to definitely start him at LB (if we were fortunate enough to sign him) but historically kids his size at this stage end up at DE. Nothing more nothing less. He could end up similar size to Edmunds or Vander Each recently as well.

Advertisement
so if the kid was said he would like to play OLB, you gonna move him DE
Probably pitch hybrid. Kids always like what they like, Treon Harris. I just would get him here and let it play out. All alone, the coaches know where he’ll get paid for. Just like Romello Height, this kid is bigger than him. Height looks like a freak show.

I know how is career played out S in HS, LB in college, and DE in the NFL , so what are you trying to prove? Put him at LB and have him rush on certain downs, jut like the article says
Probably the reason he was committed to Bama. He’s ideal for 3-4 but he can still grow into a DE.

Advertisement
Looks like a DE to me.....

Screenshot_20190618-135947.png
Screenshot_20190618-135923.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
You do realize the comments you just made is what transformed Miami right? Take a DE and put him at DT, an LB at DE, S at LB and so on right? maybe you were just trying to be Mr. funny guy and you forgot

Sigh. This is just lazy. First, it was a different time. Second, we did that with a handful of players over the years, but it's like an old urban legend that somehow keeps growing as the years go along. Don't be lazy.

Sigh. This is just lazy. First, it was a different time. Second, we did that with a handful of players over the years, but it's like an old urban legend that somehow keeps growing as the years go along. Don't be lazy.

And I'm not saying I have any idea where this kid will end up. Haven't seen his tape, no idea how much more he'll grow, how good he is in space, etc...I'm just speaking more to how it's just like clockwork around here with anyone taller than 6'3", strong safeties, DE's who way 260 or more, etc.

Advertisement
Dam that kid has about 12 INTs in his first 2 minutes of film, playing LB, Safety, WR and TE. Sign me up, dude has better hands than some of our current safety’s who run slow shuttles 🤐. No idea what position he’s play, like most my guess is DE but kids real good In coverage

I think some think Ole Miss leads
Ole Miss or Auburn ...

From the Bama board - previous write up:

he Gadsden City standout told BamaOnLine that after working out at camp, the Tide still liked him as a safety, however, he also worked out at tight end and wide receiver as well. Wright says Alabama has mentioned the possibility of him playing outside linebacker at the next level, too.

Gadsden (Ala.) City four-star athlete De'Rickey Wright is very interesting. Who doesn’t love 6-foot-4, 220-pounds with an 86 inch wingspan and the feet of a safety. In this business you’re always scanning for upside and Wright has a ton. A hair slower than (Drew) Sanders but a tad quicker, they have similar profiles from an athleticism standpoint. He also had a dominant junior season including 10 interceptions, 20 touchdowns (eight on defense) playing quarterback, receiver, defensive back and linebacker.

Is that a typo or a miscount? Eight TDs on defense is out of control, I don't care who you're playing.

I think the Dolphins listened to a lot outside forces when they should have just played Dion where he looked the best, and that was LB. Dude was running stride for stride with Megatron and Gronk. SMH. Then again, Miami can't find competent coaches but that's a story for another day.
Thank You! Dumb *** Mofos had a Gronk Stopper(or at least a Gronk Container) and refused to use him properly. Dude never had gaudy pass rushing numbers at Oregon but would absolutely blanket people, but those Estupidos typecasted him into a role despite what everyone's eyes said. Wright is a guy that you've gotta try hard to put him in a bad spot. He shows the ability to play on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd level...

Advertisement
Back