2020 ATH De’Rickey Wright Offered

Or a guy that can cover some TEs.
I agree with that assessment as well. Aside from Dion Jordan being a dope fiend, I think the Dolphins biggest mistake was how they used him. They wanted him to be the next JT, but he just wasn't that good as an NFL pass rusher. He was dynamite in coverage though. I once saw that guy hold his own for a couple plays in the red zone with Megatron but they tried to fit a square peg in a round hole. The beauty of a kid like Wright is that he's shown great ability at all 3 levels of defense. So you bring him in and figure out on which level he fits best...

Advertisement
We need to start recruiting some athletic LBs. This dude at LB at 6'4 235-240 would work. Same size as Luke kuechly.
I doubt our LBs will be like BCs. We run a totally different system. Luke also has top level awareness and instincts, it’s more than just being athletic. I get what you’re seeing tho. I don’t think our LBs in Mannys system will ever be big like that again.

Looks like a guy that could bulk to a DE naturally as he grows into his body and play rush end or drop to coverage LB.
A friend tried to post this on 247 2 hours ago and people were responding to it but Ivins and his anal retentive behavior took it down and posted his own thing in place of it. Talk about a me first ego!
People on here give him credit for his insight but he never reciprocates.
Tell us something we do not already know. Narcissist we all know that.

Advertisement
Its about skill set. Harvey doesn't move in space like this guy.

Yay let's use an exception as the rule. Except every top WDE that signed last year is the exact build of this kid......in their senior year.... and his wingspan is longer than most.

It's more likely that he grows quite a bit than stick at LB. Sure he could be Leonard Floyd but he's already bigger than he was going to Georgia.

And I'm not saying not to give LB or striker a look first either, it's just not likely.

Bring him in and sort it out later. He's a beast.

We’re arguing about a guy who isn’t coming here.
Saban dropping two kids from his own state. Definitely has dudes silently in that train.

Or discussing a recruit that just received an offer yesterday. It's the off-season and recruiting is hitting high gear, are we not supposed to discuss it? Should we just add more paged of ***** to the Harris and Williams threads?

Or discussing a recruit that just received an offer yesterday. It's the off-season and recruiting is hitting high gear, are we not supposed to discuss it? Should we just add more paged of ***** to the Harris and Williams threads?
Never said not to discuss it. Just like you’re free to opine about my comment I can post as well. I have no problem with that at all.

Yay let's use an exception as the rule. Except every top WDE that signed last year is the exact build of this kid......in their senior year.... and his wingspan is longer than most.

It's more likely that he grows quite a bit than stick at LB. Sure he could be Leonard Floyd but he's already bigger than he was going to Georgia.

And I'm not saying not to give LB or striker a look first either, it's just not likely.

Bring him in and sort it out later. He's a beast.
Skill set not build. How many of those DEs moved in space like him? benardrick mckinney was 6'4 220+ coming out of hs. He is now a pro bowl mlb at 6'4 250+.

Advertisement
From the Bama board - previous write up:

he Gadsden City standout told BamaOnLine that after working out at camp, the Tide still liked him as a safety, however, he also worked out at tight end and wide receiver as well. Wright says Alabama has mentioned the possibility of him playing outside linebacker at the next level, too.

Gadsden (Ala.) City four-star athlete De'Rickey Wright is very interesting. Who doesn’t love 6-foot-4, 220-pounds with an 86 inch wingspan and the feet of a safety. In this business you’re always scanning for upside and Wright has a ton. A hair slower than (Drew) Sanders but a tad quicker, they have similar profiles from an athleticism standpoint. He also had a dominant junior season including 10 interceptions, 20 touchdowns (eight on defense) playing quarterback, receiver, defensive back and linebacker.

You keep using outliers. Which is more probable?
ofc course he using outliers, this kid is an outlier himself. This kid is a freak of nature, so he is comparing him to other freaks of nature to show you that there is no need for him to be put at DE. The concept is guite simple to understand.

Advertisement
Bama was recruiting him as a Safety/DB,. Their 247 board believes he could end up at Tennessee.... Appears to be a victim of the numbers game...

ofc course he using outliers, this kid is an outlier himself. This kid is a freak of nature, so he is comparing him to other freaks of nature to show you that there is no need for him to be put at DE. The concept is guite simple to understand.
It’s a reason DEs get paid more than safeties and LBs. Julius Peppers played SF in college, he could have played any position on the field. He’ll go to the Hall of Fame at DE. 86 inch wingspan but we want him covering space in the flats? Lol that’s ridiculous. The wingspan itself tells you his position. Tackles wouldn’t be able to get into his body. He’s a freak like Jevon Kearse.

I agree with that assessment as well. Aside from Dion Jordan being a dope fiend, I think the Dolphins biggest mistake was how they used him. They wanted him to be the next JT, but he just wasn't that good as an NFL pass rusher. He was dynamite in coverage though. I once saw that guy hold his own for a couple plays in the red zone with Megatron but they tried to fit a square peg in a round hole. The beauty of a kid like Wright is that he's shown great ability at all 3 levels of defense. So you bring him in and figure out on which level he fits best...
I think the Dolphins listened to a lot outside forces when they should have just played Dion where he looked the best, and that was LB. Dude was running stride for stride with Megatron and Gronk. SMH. Then again, Miami can't find competent coaches but that's a story for another day.

Advertisement
It’s a reason DEs get paid more than safeties and LBs. Julius Peppers played SF in college, he could have played any position on the field. He’ll go to the Hall of Fame at DE. 86 inch wingspan but we want him covering space in the flats? Lol that’s ridiculous. The wingspan itself tells you his position. Tackles wouldn’t be able to get into his body. He’s a freak like Jevon Kearse.
so if the kid was said he would like to play OLB, you gonna move him DE

Jevon Kearse is one of the greatest "freaks" of all time. Wanna guess how his career played out? Oh, exactly how this kids likely would.

Nowadays sooner rather than later, especially with Manny's scheme.

Screenshot_20190618-114241.png

Last edited:
Kevin Kearse is one of the greatest "freaks" of all time. Wanna guess how his career played out? Oh, exactly how this kids likely would.

Nowadays sooner rather than later, especially with Manny's scheme.

View attachment 87782
I know how is career played out S in HS, LB in college, and DE in the NFL , so what are you trying to prove? Put him at LB and have him rush on certain downs, jut like the article says

Advertisement
Back