2020 ATH Colson locks in UM official, won't take other trips

I attended this same high school in GA. They did drop to single A classification. The school dominated most of their competition including their rival who is classification 3A. The town has a population of about 3k. They are very high on Colson.

Advertisement
Reminds me of Bethel. 95% of his highlights were on offense. Should play him at slot and flip Restrepo to defense. But I'll take it given our options. As Geta says, need to pair him with a transfer.

Advertisement
I like him better than Delancey (and Hodges, and Henry Gray, etc.). He needs to hit the weight room and he'll probably always have average speed but the rest of his traits you can work with. Fluid athlete, agile, body control and he can elevate with ball skills. As a runner he has good contact balance considering how slight he is so again with weight room development he could be a different player physically. Also his traits could work as a punt returner if no one else claims that job.

Definitely not a year 1 contributor but we need bodies and he could be a Malek Young type.

I attended this same high school in GA. They did drop to single A classification. The school dominated most of their competition including their rival who is classification 3A. The town has a population of about 3k. They are very high on Colson.
You from Ocilla fam? That's my grandma's hometown. That's a tiny little town bruh. Given our less than ideal CB situation, I say sign him up. I agree Colsons grow trees down here but everyone else is picking the fruit and he's very interested. Kid's offer list ain't too shabby either. He might become a player for us. Major culture shock going from Ocilla to SoFla but it's possible. I'm living proof that it is...

On his HS relay team this past season the team posted times in the mid 45s in the 4 x 100. He did not run in an open 100m but the other three guys did and they were in the 11.5 to 11.7 range. As a junior posted a best of 11.74 at 100m. His long speed is not there and he is not that large.
Well ****

Advertisement
Being that we’re 10 short of 85, hopefully Diaz and Co will sign a few more that includes DB’s, WR’s, OL and LB’s.

As for Colson, bring him and RS. Play Harrell and Clarke, plus bring in another HS DB and/or Grad transfer...

f*ck running..Delancey is way better than this kid and wasnt a priority all recruiting class for 1.

Nigel Bethel could run.... we need guys that can play....and play right away....not sure if this kid can. We are about to have a cb group with 3 cbs under 180 pounds as well...in a scheme that requires tacklers. We'll see how it goes...he looks locked in...and GA needs to be a place we poach

Ya I'm not defending Rumph's recruiting or the CB room in general...I think the man should be fired and have said so many times recently. Just saying that this type kid of player really DIDN'T exist in Sofla this year, whereas you said there were 50 of them every year or whatever

I agree with the size thing too...All we hear about is how Rumph likes size but this was the year to add size (Potts, Hodges, D.Brown, Gray and others all available locally) and they had it with Hodges then either he changed his mind or Rumph changed his mind or yada yada yada (the typical path of a UM CB recruit with Mike Rumph running the show)

Last edited:
And I digress if he doesn't run in the 10s...I thought when we had the original post on him 2 weeks back that someone verified he did. But it's obvious that there is speed in his tape. I just don't see this type of player being available in Sofla this cycle...At least not at 5'105'11...The Sofla kids with this skillset are all either definite WR (TJB/Fleming) or 5'7/5'8.

That highlight tape gets better as it goes...from about 5:30-9min mark there are some real plays there. The pick 6 with multiple shakes and spin moves got me (yeah I know prob wouldn't work against better comp, but he's gliding out there)

Advertisement
I bet he will be hungry too . Colson would come down here to work . He would add quality depth at the very least . My only concern would be him picking Miami over the small town schools . I like him though

Most years I'd say yes...But I don't see any this year?

Who in Sofla this year can run like Colson?

I would have taken 1 of Delancey or Hodges for sure....And I'm not defending Rumph, it's a joke the way this guy can't land a Sofla corner to save his life. But I don't see any Sofla corners with this kid's skill set. Delancey can't run like him (I think Delancey is more polished)...But the kids that can run and are explosive like him are like 5'8 (Stanley, St.Louis)...I wouldn't mind if they pursued Pough, but does he have this kid's athleticism? I believe this kid's running 10something right? Maybe Thornton from BTW? He looks a tad stiff compared to Colson...JMO.

There were some big corners this year, and there was Francois who I think is a stud at possibly a couple positions...But as far as explosive athlete at the positon...You are talking 5'8 kids this year in Sofla.
Where Hodges went

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back