2020 5* TE Darnell Washington

My thing is this, why isn't he a better basketball player.

Also in Vegas and doesnt play for Gorman is odd lol

Advertisement
I saw OJ Howard at a camp the summer before his senior year. He's the best hs TE I've ever seen. Definitely the most athletic. I can still remember talking to other coaches about him and everybody saying he'd go in the first round one day. If he had gone to Bama during the Tua era instead of playing in that ground and pound ****, who knows how ridiculous his numbers would've been. Nothing against Washington, but there won't be many tapes that compare to Howard's.

Our last 2 starting te's here at um have been comparable if not better than Howard. Howard though physically is big time..Njoku and Herndon are right there with em

"I know I'm going to visit a few other schools again, some places I've been already and some new schools I've never seen before," Washington said. "Miami is definitely one school I want to see. That's tight end U, the fan base is crazy and they blew up my tweet about the offer. I know that it has a lot of great things and I want to see it for myself. I have never talked to Brevin Jordan in person, but he retweeted my offer and it blew up so I'm interested to see how he likes it out there.

"I know I'm going to visit a few other schools again, some places I've been already and some new schools I've never seen before," Washington said. "Miami is definitely one school I want to see. That's tight end U, the fan base is crazy and they blew up my tweet about the offer. I know that it has a lot of great things and I want to see it for myself. I have never talked to Brevin Jordan in person, but he retweeted my offer and it blew up so I'm interested to see how he likes it out there.

Oh he’s coming.

Advertisement
Our last 2 starting te's here at um have been comparable if not better than Howard. Howard though physically is big time..Njoku and Herndon are right there with em
Agree with this, in terms of physical tools Howard is very gifted but njoku and Herndon are both every bit the player he is for sure. By the way Herndon had one of the most productive tight end seasons overall and especially as a rookie tight end with 4 tds 504 yards and njoku was productive as well with 639 yards 4tds

Agree with this, in terms of physical tools Howard is very gifted but njoku and Herndon are both every bit the player he is for sure. By the way Herndon had one of the most productive tight end seasons overall and especially as a rookie tight end with 4 tds 504 yards and njoku was productive as well with 639 yards 4tds

Too bad Mork never maximized them more...

Advertisement
Just asking bc i watched him play against my brothers highschool and MNW in the playoffs and he doesn’t do much I know his team runs the ball 90% of the time but if he’s as good as they say he is he should b doing a lot more

Those are good numbers for young TEs I remember Gonzalez when he was the best in the league averaging about 800-900.

Need to get him in a camp setting down there in South Florida

He doesn't exactly play the best competition out here in Vegas.

He has freakish measurables, which is nice. But that can only get you so far once the playing field starts to level out

Advertisement
I like mammarelli(sp?) But I would take this dude over him all day if it was a 1 tight end class

Too bad Mork never maximized them more...

I mean, he used NJoku a lot, I thought he did a great job incorporating him, especially because he still had inconsistent hands...if he had come back for one more year and partnered with a senior Herndon, that would have been nightmares.

Herndon I agree with you, we went long stretches where Herndon would disappear as Malik struggled. Herndon was so **** reliable, if it were me, anytime I needed to get Malik back in rhythm I would have called the tight end screen last year. Herndon was almost an automatic first down and was the most reliable guy on the offense after Walton went down.

Advertisement
I mean, he used NJoku a lot, I thought he did a great job incorporating him, especially because he still had inconsistent hands...if he had come back for one more year and partnered with a senior Herndon, that would have been nightmares.

Herndon I agree with you, we went long stretches where Herndon would disappear as Malik struggled. Herndon was so **** reliable, if it were me, anytime I needed to get Malik back in rhythm I would have called the tight end screen last year. Herndon was almost an automatic first down and was the most reliable guy on the offense after Walton went down.

Richt took **** near half the season to realize what he had in Njoku.. It was then i knew he was some sh*t. My first day on campu sand seeing David Njoku and Herndon walking around my brain would be working how the f will i unleash these 2 freaks. He was throwing fades to Mike Harley and Braxton Berrios

Richt took **** near half the season to realize what he had in Njoku.. It was then i knew he was some sh*t. My first day on campu sand seeing David Njoku and Herndon walking around my brain would be working how the f will i unleash these 2 freaks. He was throwing fades to Mike Harley and Braxton Berrios
I remember that year. I remember everybody screaming about Manny’s Defense but I was up there going “uh, how about the offense not staying on the field and running RPO with a QB that can’t run?” Just took everybody another 2 years to catch on. Good times...good times. The signs were there even when Kaaya was here to hide some of it.

Advertisement
Back