2020 5* TE Darnell Washington

Doesn’t Mamarelli play for an offense that throws the ball very little? Never seen him play so I’m wondering why he’s highly rated

Advertisement
247 put out that he was offered. I would chill with the OT talk too. He’s already very solid for 240 and can probably put 15-20 more.

That's true, but this kid ain't an OT, he's too explosive & has very good hands as a pass catcher.

He's a NFL player in 4 years no doubt, I get the argument for some players but this kid Darnell Washington is an OJ Howarype prod tspect.

what is an oj howard type mean?

Advertisement
Absolute Super freak athlete, 6'7 250lbs with 4.6 speed, plays Football & Basketball, was a DE/TE his Soph & Junior year, but will be a TE in college.

He has 19TFL's as a DE & averaged a double double in Basketball, 10.7ppg & 11.8 rebounds per game.

He goes to 4A school Desert Pines which is about 45 min & some change from Bishop Gorman, but it's in North Las Vegas.

Kid has offers from **** near everybody, Bama, Clemson, UGA, Oh St, Oklahoma, USC, Oregon, Texas, UF, Penn St, Michigan, AZ, AZ St & Tenn. The only program that hasn't offered him yet is us lol

We need to get on him now though, get Brevin & Tate on him, then let Coach Field & Enos work their magic. This kid's film is great, shows explosive natural athletic ability, has very good hands & can block.
Interesting note....Tate actually graduated early from Desert Pines high school which allowed him to enrolled at Ohio State in the spring....

Tall athletic pass catching TE.

I also compared him to Jimmy Graham on page 1.

Yea i dont/didnt know much about Howard other than he went to Bama and was hyped up. The games is aw of him he looked stiff etc but fast straight line. So this kid is comparable with Howard more so than a Njoku type?.

Advertisement
Yea i dont/didnt know much about Howard other than he went to Bama and was hyped up. The games is aw of him he looked stiff etc but fast straight line. So this kid is comparable with Howard more so than a Njoku type?.
I don't think he's comparable to Joku, Joku is 6'4 246-250 with crazy genetics & great receiving ability.

I compared him to OJ/Jimmy Graham because they're similar in size & similar to style of play imo, tall pass catchers with 4.6 speed for a TE.

I don't think he's comparable to Joku, Joku is 6'4 246-250 with crazy genetics & great receiving ability.

I compared him to OJ/Jimmy Graham because they're similar in size & similar to style of play imo, tall pass catchers with 4.6 speed for a TE.

Got you. Im saying this b4 i see his highlight film so just wanted to see the comparison

Advertisement
2B1FBE04-7691-4715-8E73-AB10DC79AF5E.png

Advertisement
I guess I'll be the contrarian here but I don't see this kid staying too long at TE in college. I think he'd be an ideal DE or even grow into a DT. He reminds me of Calais Campbell in HS - similar size/skill set/positions.

Rivals usually overrates big TEs like this coming out of HS.

I guess I'll be the contrarian here but I don't see this kid staying too long at TE in college. I think he'd be an ideal DE or even grow into a DT. He reminds me of Calais Campbell in HS - similar size/skill set/positions.

Rivals usually overrates big TEs like this coming out of HS.
Everybody has this kid as the best TE in the nation.

Advertisement
Back