2020 4 Star OT Isaiah Walker Transfers to Miami

Im gonna have to be that guy & humble yall. He is not, I repeat he is not physically ready to come in start at LT and dominate. Then again neither was our starting LT this year. But he is not on Ereck Flowers level yet at all. His best years will be as a Junior and senior. Glad he decided to come down
Anyone expecting a true frosh to be ready and come in an dominate P5 football right now at LT is crazy. This kid hasn’t even had a full spring, and we don’t know what the summer/fall camp will look like. This is huge for the future and actually developing a high level offensive line at Miami.

Advertisement
I’ve said he needs to add weight but he has a great skill set to work with at tackle for sure

exactly.. huge news. I am very big on him and agree with @blackvern... we are not winning it all this year but he could be a key part of very special results from 2021 forward

Because they were being completely foolish, you going to try and put a bandaid over gushing wound by taking a 1 year guy or try and add a potential starting left tackle for 3 of the next 4 years with a very high upside? Easy decision
I’m taking a sure thing over a possibility every time. This kid’s the best Miami line prospect since....Navaughn McDonaldson. Hopefully in two years when he actually plays, our entire staff isn’t fired and we’re not starting all over again

Im gonna have to be that guy & humble yall. He is not, I repeat he is not physically ready to come in start at LT and dominate. Then again neither was our starting LT this year. But he is not on Ereck Flowers level yet at all. His best years will be as a Junior and senior. Glad he decided to come down

How’s the homie Shavar holding up in the 813?

Norvell gonna have the boys ready for you this year, or is it a bleak horizon for your squad?

Because they were being completely foolish, you going to try and put a bandaid over gushing wound by taking a 1 year guy or try and add a potential starting left tackle for 3 of the next 4 years with a very high upside? Easy decision
We were so bad at the position we need to take every bandaid, stitch, plug, or anything else to stop the bleeding.

Advertisement
I’m taking a sure thing over a possibility every time. This kid’s the best Miami line prospect since....Navaughn McDonaldson. Hopefully in two years when he actually plays, our entire staff isn’t fired and we’re not starting all over again
Walker moves better, more flexible and and has a better pass protecting set coming out of highschool than Donaldson did. He’s a superior OT prospect than him imo and walker doesn’t have much bad weight either, just need to add about 15 pounds

Advertisement
Anyone expecting a true frosh to be ready and come in an dominate P5 football right now at LT is crazy. This kid hasn’t even had a full spring, and we don’t know what the summer/fall camp will look like. This is huge for the future and actually developing a high level offensive line at Miami.
I'm ok if he redshirts. We'll have Walker, Rivers, and Van Dyke thru at least 2024. That's building a franchise!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
You drunk?
The guy asked who was out. Moise. Walker took his spot. I read on article that said Walker can count for the 25th spot for 2020 and they can use a 2021 spot for Williams.

Last edited:

We just force fed a 2 star TF OT to gain 60 LBs in an off season in order to start last year. Please cease being 'that guy'.

Advertisement
Back