2020 4 Star OT Isaiah Walker Transfers to Miami

Advertisement
Good find. I think that was a thread about my admitted obsession with short shuttle, change of direction, and short area explosiveness. It applies to almost every position in modern football. I've harped on it for almost two decades because it's something I experienced personally. My senior year in HS, we played a handful of teams with way better athletes than our team had. I remember facing a WR who played inside, outside and even lined up at RB. He was an all-county guy as a Junior. Dude was really fast. But, changed direction like ****. On the other hand, our DBackfield faced another group of WRs (in Naples) who were more quick than fast. You can really feel the difference on the field. I played Safety and had to legitimately pause before breaking on the "change of direction" guys. Even though they were less "fast" than the "star" guy I mentioned. For the "star" guy, I could more easily anticipate and make up for his superior speed that way. And, so the obsession with how that felt began. You see it all over the game today.

How that relates to OT is better described by Gogeta, who played the spot in College. It's even more important in what Lashlee will presumably do here. I was a big fan of Walker as a prospect. Wrote about it a few times. Obviously, disgusted he became a Gator, but repeatedly acknowledged it didn't change my opinion of him as a prospect. I know many are being realistic with expectations and tempering excitement with "he needs time." For sure. Outside like 2-3 a year, ALL OTs need time. But, this kid has all the tools you seek in a Tackle. Prefer him to the guys who win with sheer size.

TLDR? I'm a fan of Walker because he has excellent feet and can't wait to watch him in practice.
If Walker has his head on straight, he will be a massive talent upgrade on OL along with Rivers. We need more talent on OL, and prospects like Walker and Rivers put us in a better position to consistently compete for ACC championships every season

Ideal OL next two years

2020 OL:

LT - DJ Scaife (JR)
LG - John Campbell (rsSO)
C - Corey Gaynor (rsJR)
RG - Jalen Rivers (FR)
RT - Jarrid Williams (SR)

Other Options -
Ousman Traore (JR)
Kai-Leon Herbert (rsJR)
Issiah Walker (FR - If he gets waiver)
Jakai Clark (SO)
Zalon'tae Hillery (JR)
Adam Elgammal (rsFR)
Zion Nelson - Redshirts
Navaughn Donaldson - Redshirts
Chris Washington - Redshirts
Willie Moise - Redshirts

2021 OL:

LT - DJ Scaife (SR)
LG - John Campbell (rsJR)
C - Corey Gaynor (rs SR)
RG - Jalen Rivers (SO) or Navaughn Donaldson (rsSR)
RT - Issiah Walker (rsFR)

Other Options -
Zion Nelson (rsSO)
Ousman Traore (SR)
Jakai Clark (JR)
Adam Elgammal (rsSO)
Chris Washington (rsFR)
Willie Moise (rsFR)
Laurence Seymore (FR)
Ryan Rodriquez (FR)
Michael Mclaughlin - Redshirts

Transfers Out -
Zalon'tae Hillery (rsSR)
Kai-Leon Herbert (rsSR)

2022 OL:

LT - Issiah Walker (rsSO)
LG - John Campbell (rsSR)
C - Jakai Clark (SR)
RG - Jalen Rivers (JR)
RT - Zion Nelson (rsJR)

Advertisement
Ideal OL next two years

2020 OL:

LT - DJ Scaife (JR)
C - Corey Gaynor (rsJR)
RG - Jalen Rivers (FR)

Other Options -
Ousman Traore (JR)
Kai-Leon Herbert (rsJR)
Jakai Clark (SO)
Zalon'tae Hillery (JR)
Adam Elgammal (rsFR)
Zion Nelson - Redshirts
Willie Moise - Redshirts

2021 OL:

LT - DJ Scaife (SR)
C - Corey Gaynor (rs SR)

Other Options -
Zion Nelson (rsSO)
Ousman Traore (SR)
Jakai Clark (JR)
Adam Elgammal (rsSO)
Chris Washington (rsFR)
Willie Moise (rsFR)
Laurence Seymore (FR)
Ryan Rodriquez (FR)

Transfers Out -
Zalon'tae Hillery (rsSR)
Kai-Leon Herbert (rsSR)

2022 OL:

C - Jakai Clark (SR)
RG - Jalen Rivers (JR)
RT - Zion Nelson (rsJR)
Traore is a redshirt soph and he might start at G, Campbell at T, and Scaife at G. Scaife playing G depends on if we get Williams. If we don’t then Scaife will be at T.

Ideal OL next two years

2020 OL:

LT - DJ Scaife (JR)
C - Corey Gaynor (rsJR)
RG - Jalen Rivers (FR)

Other Options -
Ousman Traore (JR)
Kai-Leon Herbert (rsJR)
Jakai Clark (SO)
Zalon'tae Hillery (JR)
Adam Elgammal (rsFR)
Zion Nelson - Redshirts
Willie Moise - Redshirts

2021 OL:

LT - DJ Scaife (SR)
C - Corey Gaynor (rs SR)

Other Options -
Zion Nelson (rsSO)
Ousman Traore (SR)
Jakai Clark (JR)
Adam Elgammal (rsSO)
Chris Washington (rsFR)
Willie Moise (rsFR)
Laurence Seymore (FR)
Ryan Rodriquez (FR)

Transfers Out -
Zalon'tae Hillery (rsSR)
Kai-Leon Herbert (rsSR)

2022 OL:

C - Jakai Clark (SR)
RG - Jalen Rivers (JR)
RT - Zion Nelson (rsJR)
If we land Jarrid Williams Scaife is kicking inside to Guard. I think we need to get comfortable with John Campbell being our LT next year.

Attachments

• A8D40992-23CC-4BF1-AC67-925BE8C9EEFB.jpeg
    A8D40992-23CC-4BF1-AC67-925BE8C9EEFB.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 111
Advertisement
Good pickup, I do hope this doesn't mean that Miami isn't going after that grad transfer from UH. Load up on OL and DL help, that is one of the major factors holding this program back. Get in talented guys and let the S&C guys do their **** job. If Miami could get consistently decent to excellent play, that will lead to significant improvement in the win column.

Advertisement
Nobody dominates the off-season like Manuel Diaz

From January to August, he is Vincent T. Lombardi

You realize he’s only been HC for 1 season right? You talk like he has this lengthy track record of winning the offseason and flopping when the season starts. While it was his only season so far, it’s still only 1 season.

Do you not like the moves that have been since the season ended? How about we give him a chance to see how next season plays out..

Advertisement
How many pulled this class off if beyond me. Mind blowing that we did so bad yet landed two of the best rbs in the country. A top OL man the top safety. And the level of kids at other positions we did.

the next step is translating all this from Labor Day to early January. Im hopeful, but till then, I'll be critical after last years Diazster

It’s a case that should be mutually beneficial. He is getting a second chance to do what he wanted to do originally, and we are getting an opportunity to not having blown the best OL class in south Florida history.

Lol yeah we almost blew it

Advertisement
Back