2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Given where he grew up in rural far southwest Virginia, wonder why he didn't go to Virginia Tech, or maybe Tennessee? "Well traveled" is an understatement when it comes to Mac. Georgetown, a Catholic school in DC seemed an odd choice to say the least, then Texas Tech out on the Staked Plains of West Texas, now ... ??? Why not Miami (that would complete a trifecta of dissimilar and unlikely destinations for him)?

Yeah - tons of folks from around here thought VT was the school to beat for a long time since his HS (Gate City) used to produce some really good small school football players who pretty much all ended up in Blacksburg. You know how it is sometimes in recruiting too - sometimes you just don't feel like a fit for the program/coach/school even if it's the "hometown" pick. I think that's what's happened with McClung and why he hasn't stuck anywhere yet.

I think going to Miami would be an interesting turn if it's an option for him and we reach out. All of that has to happen first. One thing's for sure, given his track record, it's hard telling what McClung will do or where he'll end up.

Advertisement
Yeah - tons of folks from around here thought VT was the school to beat for a long time since his HS (Gate City) used to produce some really good small school football players who pretty much all ended up in Blacksburg. You know how it is sometimes in recruiting too - sometimes you just don't feel like a fit for the program/coach/school even if it's the "hometown" pick. I think that's what's happened with McClung and why he hasn't stuck anywhere yet.

I think going to Miami would be an interesting turn if it's an option for him and we reach out. All of that has to happen first. One thing's for sure, given his track record, it's hard telling what McClung will do or where he'll end up.
I'm sure he'd get along swell with L given his bouncing around.....perfect fit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back