2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
It's hard to figure what the **** is going on at the top. It's one thing if you want to defend consecutive losing seasons OR a bunch of player turnover but both?? It's gotta be money. They have to figure they can't afford to buy out coach L's contract.

It's hard to figure what the **** is going on at the top. It's one thing if you want to defend consecutive losing seasons OR a bunch of player turnover but both?? It's gotta be money. They have to figure they can't afford to buy out coach L's contract.
Most likely. It doesn't help that we have very few Canes basketball fans, so there's little or no pressure to win here and there's no pressure from the big $ donors to push Flake James to do anything about it.

Do we have any "big dollar donors" who care at all about basketball? Or, should I ask, do we even have any BIG dollar donors other than Lemonis and the Sofers? You're right that there is zero pressure on the Administration/Ath Dept when you don't have that kind of alumni leverage.

Given that we've never been a factor even in ACC football (which, let's face it was the ONLY reason the ACC wanted UM to join the conference), I wonder if the ACC now regrets inviting us. I guess the fact that we're in a P5 conference is the positive news these days.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t be shocked if Blake James was totally unaware of today’s misses. I’m sure L told him we will get some transfers, so Blake just went back to his office to watch TV.

Advertisement

Miami: “I like coach Larrañaga. He's a legendary coach. On our zoom they just talked about how they play and they had some advanced analytics on me and had some goals for how they wanted me to improve next season. They talked about their alumni and transfers that they sent to the pros. We really just got to know each other to be honest. It's the U so it would be a great experience for sure.”

So, let me get this right. The coaching staff has advanced analytics on a transfer player who has been in the portal for a week or two but 3 years of injuries and the best Coach L can come up with is "bad luck."

C'mon man. Are you kidding me?
Stop it.

Miami: “I like coach Larrañaga. He's a legendary coach. On our zoom they just talked about how they play and they had some advanced analytics on me and had some goals for how they wanted me to improve next season. They talked about their alumni and transfers that they sent to the pros. We really just got to know each other to be honest. It's the U so it would be a great experience for sure.”

So, let me get this right. The coaching staff has advanced analytics on a transfer player who has been in the portal for a week or two but 3 years of injuries and the best Coach L can come up with is "bad luck."

Stop it.

Totally laughable. I would love Gurley here, but looking at some of the other teams on that list does not make me too confident. If we can't get a player with local ties to chose us over Dayton or another player to choose us over Arizona State, how can we expect this guy to come here over Duke, UF, Bama, etc?

Totally laughable. I would love Gurley here, but looking at some of the other teams on that list does not make me too confident. If we can't get a player with local ties to chose us over Dayton or another player to choose us over Arizona State, how can we expect this guy to come here over Duke, UF, Bama, etc?

Sounds like he eliminated Tennessee and Duke. It's down to us, UF, Bama, Auburn, Marquette, and San Diego State.

Stop it.

If we somehow beat out those teams then I am going to buy lotto tickets.

Advertisement
There was once a time we thrived on transfers.

Now in a year with more transfers than ever before, we haven't landed a single one. 26 pages of speculation (which is a lot of posts for the basketball board), and we're still left with a barren roster.
The current Basketball Forum is filled with hundreds of pages of guys we don't get, and other nice things we can't have (or Keep). Reading them I think is punishment for not helping that little old lady across the street many years ago. (I think her name was Sister Jean.)

Miami: “Jim [Larrañaga] and I have a really good relationship. He's seen it and been in the game a long time. They just emphasized how much they need my production for my position. That opportunity is exciting to play in Miami, live in Miami and play tough ACC guards so it's very tempting. We had a zoom yesterday and it was good. All the guys popped up on the team to say hello and how much they want to play with me so that was really cool.”

Miami: “Jim [Larrañaga] and I have a really good relationship. He's seen it and been in the game a long time. They just emphasized how much they need my production for my position. That opportunity is exciting to play in Miami, live in Miami and play tough ACC guards so it's very tempting. We had a zoom yesterday and it was good. All the guys popped up on the team to say hello and how much they want to play with me so that was really cool.”

Just a hunch but I get the feeling we have more of a chance with Gardner than Gurley.

Advertisement
Hopefully something works out, but it’s pretty horrifying we are in this position. Terrible leadership from our fake AD and L.

Advertisement
Back