2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
Texas Tech G Mac McClung is doing 2 things simultaneously - declaring for the NBA draft AND putting his name in the transfer portal. He did the same thing last year, didn't like his draft score, so he transferred from Georgetown to TT.

Dude was First Team all-Big 12, and even though he's a little undersized, he's a score-first guard who has some major hops. He'll be highly sought, but Coach L ought to pick up the phone and gauge his interest in coming to UM.

McClung played his HS bball about 45-50 mins away from where I live. Not often you see a small school in Virginia produce a kid of his ability.

Ny Mets Strikeout GIF by New York Mets

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Can someone clarify what it means by "retaining" his spot? Is that a new thing the NCAA is allowing? If so, when do they have to make a decision before they lose their college eligibility?

I think Zbrod meant he's maintaining his college eligibility (by not hiring an agent).

These are the relevant dates, but July 19th is the most important one:

I wonder if Kam will even get a combine invite.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Interesting how guys which Miami recruited a year ago still don't want to come to Miami the second time around.

What’s so interesting about it? Do you have any information that Miami reached out to him this time around? If they still believe Joseph is still coming not sure why a guy who didn’t make his mark at Miss. State would be a priority when they don’t have their current PG recruit fully locked in.

Texas Tech G Mac McClung is doing 2 things simultaneously - declaring for the NBA draft AND putting his name in the transfer portal. He did the same thing last year, didn't like his draft score, so he transferred from Georgetown to TT.

Dude was First Team all-Big 12, and even though he's a little undersized, he's a score-first guard who has some major hops. He'll be highly sought, but Coach L ought to pick up the phone and gauge his interest in coming to UM.

McClung played his HS bball about 45-50 mins away from where I live. Not often you see a small school in Virginia produce a kid of his ability.
Given where he grew up in rural far southwest Virgina, wonder why he didn't go to Virginia Tech, or maybe Tennessee? "Well traveled" is an understatement when it comes to Mac. Georgetown, a Catholic school in DC seemed an odd choice to say the least, then Texas Tech out on the Staked Plains of West Texas, now ... ??? Why not Miami (that would complete a trifecta of dissimilar and unlikely destinations for him)?

I think Zbrod meant he's maintaining his college eligibility (by not hiring an agent).

These are the relevant dates, but July 19th is the most important one:

I wonder if Kam will even get a combine invite.
In some ways, I would rather that Kam decides to move on. We’ve already seen what he can do. But we also need the depth and we’re striking out ion all of our other options.

In some ways, I would rather that Kam decides to move on. We’ve already seen what he can do. But we also need the depth and we’re striking out ion all of our other options.
Didn't a guard/wing just commit that no one knew was an option until it was already a done deal? So striking out may be the phrase of the moment for the board but it aint completely true either. Maybe giving more than an eyebrow raise to Miami being mentioned in a top 5 or a top 8 is waste of time. Those don't mean much because transfers aren't really considering that many schools seriously anyway. Alot of the time these things are already well down the road before a kid even enters the portal officially.

Advertisement
Back