2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting that there was practically no smoke whatsoever about Moore and Miller transferring here before it was announced.
I learned with the Miller thing and really Miami football transfer recruiting these things are pretty much done before you know about it as far as the Canes are concerned. If you see Miami mentioned or in some final five for a transfer then just forget about that kid coming here.

I learned with the Miller thing and really Miami football transfer recruiting these things are pretty much done before you know about it as far as the Canes are concerned. If you see Miami mentioned or in some final five for a transfer then just forget about that kid coming here.
This is accurate, looking back at all our transfers they've all been negotiated quietly.

Advertisement
The next question is, does this say more about Beverly's ability to play point, or Joseph not coming?

Joseph is not coming. He is now PG# 3.
Remember, Coach L does not play freshman a lot of minutes.
In fairness, Joseph could go to BC and play a large majority of minutes for a new coach with a 6 year contract. Plus, he would be close to home.

Joseph is not coming. He is now PG# 3.
Remember, Coach L does not play freshman a lot of minutes.
In fairness, Joseph could go to BC and play a large majority of minutes for a new coach with a 6 year contract. Plus, he would be close to home.
He played Lykes over 21 minutes a game on a tournament team with two NBA guards on it and a senior in Newton. The depth chart is not gonna be the reason Joseph doesn't come. Lonnie played plenty on that team too. Clearly your ability is more a determining factor than age. Bruce played plenty the year before. Even less heralded guys like Wong and Beverly were in the 20 minute per game range as freshmen.

He played Lykes over 21 minutes a game on a tournament team with two NBA guards on it and a senior in Newton. The depth chart is not gonna be the reason Joseph doesn't come. Lonnie played plenty on that team too. Clearly your ability is more a determining factor than age. Bruce played plenty the year before.

Keep going down the list.....You picked the two that supports your point.

Keep going down the list.....You picked the two that supports your point.
I picked three. Then I edited and added another two in Wong and Beverly. As bad as the results have been on the floor you don't continue to secure the caliber of recruit that has been the case the last 3-4 years, specifically at the guard and wing position if you have a reputation of not playing freshmen.

Advertisement
Back