2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Robbins is legit. He got hurt in February, but he was tracking towards a 3rd-team All Big Ten type of season before he got injured.

He's most likely going wherever his uncle (Ed Conroy) goes, as long as it is at a high enough level. Conroy most likely gets a high major assistant job, but he's also been interviewed for a couple low-to-mid major jobs (he was in the discussion for the head Utah St. job). It doesn't sound like he will end up on the staff at Minnesota.

I certainly wouldn't mind hiring Conroy to fill the open coaching position on the staff, as he did a good job developing big men at Minnesota (and you'd get Liam to come along with him).

Advertisement
Any word on Wong and Mcgusty or when they will decide? I know they were looking into the pros but possibly considering a return...could def use them

I have not read anything anywhere. Does anyone know when the deadline to decide is? At least in terms of turning pro.
They both submitted their paperwork to the NBA and are still waiting on a response from the advisory committee.

A lot of the guys are taking a wait and see approach. I expect transfer announcements to really pick up after next week, once the NCAA's council meets on the 15th. It's expected that they'll announce the new NIL rule and the new changes to the portal. I expect this to play a major role for a lot of the athletes in limbo right now.

A lot of the guys are taking a wait and see approach. I expect transfer announcements to really pick up after next week, once the NCAA's council meets on the 15th. It's expected that they'll announce the new NIL rule and the new changes to the portal. I expect this to play a major role for a lot of the athletes in limbo right now.
What are they deciding on? What new rule?

Advertisement
I'd be leery of Fordham transfers. They've been a bottom of the barrel program since forever (back to Charlie Yelverton around 1970). Opposite effect of bringing kids on from "winning," well run programs.

What are they deciding on? What new rule?
As expected, the NCAA is granting all college athletes the ability to immediately transfer schools without penalty, but are still working out some of the kinks. Also, work has continued on the NIL bill, which will allow student-athletes to earn money off their name, image and likeness.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If Earl is the 6th best transfer on the market, we're royally f cked.
As I said on Monday night (post #449), Earl Timberlake was a top prospect coming out of HS. I think both ESPN and Rivals had him in their top 40. No matter how he fared here he's still a big time prospect. Just about every school in America looking to add pieces to their team should be calling his people right now. No surprise that he is one of the more highly rated transfers in the portal.

Advertisement
Back