2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
Would be a great get. Not getting my hopes up, but this kid is **** good
I watched a ton of him this year and he was an absolute stud. Won a ton of games for Toledo. I was so bummed when he announced his transfer, but it would make it all better if he left one of my teams to go to the other lol.

Are we gonna see 100 Portal signings a week over the next couple months? That's what it'll take to whittle down that HUGE current Portal number by July. We see already where "if you snooze, you lose," with the Fatts Russell signing at Maryland (Lykes left holding the bag there). Many of these kids who wait are gonna be on the outside looking in.

Anyone see much possibility of players returning to their former schools if the music stops and no chair is available? Would the team/coach even want them back?

Are we gonna see 100 Portal signings a week over the next couple months? That's what it'll take to whittle down that HUGE current Portal number by July. We see already where "if you snooze, you lose," with the Fatts Russell signing at Maryland (Lykes left holding the bag there). Many of these kids who wait are gonna be on the outside looking in.

Anyone see much possibility of players returning to their former schools if the music stops and no chair is available? Would the team/coach even want them back?
Good point. We may not have that predictament though. Our guys are coming off the board pretty quickly.

Cross - Louisville
Brooks - Ole Miss
Olayni - back to Stony Brook (still Lol'ing at this)
Lykes - down to USC and Arkansas

Have not read any news on who is after Timberlake. But so far 3 of the 5 transfers have found homes and a 4th (Lykes) will find one shortly.

Advertisement
Good point. We may not have that predictament though. Our guys are coming off the board pretty quickly.

Cross - Louisville
Brooks - Ole Miss

Have not read any news on who is after Timberlake. But so far 3 of the 5 transfers have found homes and a 4th (Lykes) will find one shortly.
Is that South Carolina or USC in LA?

Cross - Louisville
Brooks - Ole Miss

I can't imagine Timberlake not having his pick of the litter. He must be playing it close to the vest and allowing some things to play out before he makes any kind of announcement. Won't surprise me to see him follow Fisher to Penn St if it's a good fit for him. There's also been some talk of him going to Gonzaga. Again, Timberlake was a top prospect coming out of HS and is one of the highly coveted transfers still sitting in the portal.

Advertisement
I can't imagine Timberlake not having his pick of the litter. He must be playing it close to the vest and allowing some things to play out before he makes any kind of announcement. Won't surprise me to see him follow Fisher to Penn St if it's a good fit for him. There's also been some talk of him going to Gonzaga. Again, Timberlake was a top prospect coming out of HS and is one of the highly coveted transfers still sitting in the portal.
We completely blew it with him. He couldn’t shoot for **** but he could’ve developed into a nice player here. Instead we have an empty roster

Penn State is a perfect fit for him. His game is better suited for the Big 10

We completely blew it with him. He couldn’t shoot for **** but he could’ve developed into a nice player here. Instead we have an empty roster
A lot of basketball "experts" see Timberlake's strong physical build, court vision, passing and defense as the strengths of his game. We didn't see that defensive prowess at UM; what we did see was that flat jump shot that rarely went in. How do you play on the perimeter at SG or SF with that shot? He's too short to play the 4.

Sorta says Point Guard. Will be interested to see what position he ends up at.

Advertisement
A lot of basketball "experts" see Timberlake's strong physical build, court vision, passing and defense as the strengths of his game. We didn't see that defensive prowess at UM; what we did see was that flat jump shot that rarely went in. How do you play on the perimeter at SG or SF with that shot? He's too short to play the 4.

Sorta says Point Guard. Will be interested to see what position he ends up at.
I could see Timberlake evolving into a point forward type. He turned it over a lot here but he did display impressive passing ability at times

The men’s basketball program needs to add between three and six players to restock its roster, and several targets have emerged.

Colleague Michelle Kaufman mentioned one possibility with Georgia forward Toumani Camara, who started 25 games and averaged 12.8 points, 7.7 rebounds and 1.1 blocks a game for the Bulldogs last year.

Here are six others in the transfer portal who have had conversations with UM:

USF forward Alexis Yetna, who averaged 11.4 points and 8.9 rebounds last season while shooting 31.5 percent (17 for 54) on threes. UM has had two Zoom sessions with him. The 6-8 forward from Paris has started 49 games the past two seasons.

West Virginia forward Emmitt Matthews: The 6-7 forward from Tacoma, Washington, averaged 7.8 points and 4.0 rebounds and shot 30 percent on threes (15 for 50) last season. He has started 67 games in three seasons.

Toledo point guard Marreon Jackson: The 6-1 Jackson was named Mid-American Conference Player of the Year last season; he averaged 18.1 points, 6.9 assists and 1.8 steals and shot 34.8 percent on threes (86 for 247). The Cleveland native, who has one season of eligibility remaining, has made 307 three-pointers on 37.0 percent shooting in four seasons. He would be the ideal replacement for Chris Lykes, who’s considering Arkansas and Southern California.

East Carolina forward Jayden Gardner: The 6-7 forward averaged 18.3 points and 8.3 rebounds this past season and 18.0 points and 8.7 rebounds in three seasons as a starter. He was first team All-American Athletic Conference this past season.

Furman forward Noah Gurley: The 6-8 forward averaged 15.4 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.1 blocks while shooting 33.9 percent on threes (28 for 112). The Fayetteville, Georgia, native has started all but five games in three seasons.

George Mason forward Jordan Miller: The 6-6 guard, a Virginia native, averaged 15.8 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.0 assists, while shooting 46.3 percent from the field and 33.3 percent on threes (24 for 72).

Incidentally, UM center Nysier Brooks transferred to Mississippi on Monday.

Any word on Wong and Mcgusty or when they will decide? I know they were looking into the pros but possibly considering a return...could def use them

Advertisement
Any word on Wong and Mcgusty or when they will decide? I know they were looking into the pros but possibly considering a return...could def use them
I have not read anything anywhere. Does anyone know when the deadline to decide is? At least in terms of turning pro.

Advertisement
Back