2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami got worse.
As Maryland and Georgetown continue to improve, that means Caputo will not be getting any impactful kids out of the DMV.
Combined with Fisher now at Penn St pretty much ends recruiting in Pennsylvania.

I wish Coach L would wake up like Roy Williams and step aside.
Don't think any of these points really matter. An average assistant at Penn State isn't suddenly going to lock that state down and who was the last kid worth a **** that Caputo signed?

Advertisement
Don't think any of these points really matter. An average assistant at Penn State isn't suddenly going to lock that state down and who was the last kid worth a **** that Caputo signed?

He might not lock down the state but he was to main contact person for PA.
Who has not been replaced on the staff.
Caputo was the lead recruiter for Timberlake and Cross I think.

I'll exclude IMG/Montverde/Vernon Carey from the conversation but going back to 2016 (Dewan Hernandez year), we have failed to sign a single local (tri-county area) recruit. Not saying any of these kids are world beaters but you 100% could have built a tourney team with guys on this list:

Trent Frazier (Illinois)
RaiQuan Gray (FSU)
Anthony Polite (FSU)
Tyler Polley (UConn)
Paul Atkinson (Yale/Notre Dame)
Toumani Camara (UGA)
Jamal Mashburn (Minnesota)

Advertisement
I'll exclude IMG/Montverde/Vernon Carey from the conversation but going back to 2016 (Dewan Hernandez year), we have failed to sign a single local (tri-county area) recruit. Not saying any of these kids are world beaters but you 100% could have built a tourney team with guys on this list:

Trent Frazier (Illinois)
RaiQuan Gray (FSU)
Anthony Polite (FSU)
Tyler Polley (UConn)
Paul Atkinson (Yale/Notre Dame)
Toumani Camara (UGA)
Jamal Mashburn (Minnesota)
Here are a few more guys who were born and raised right here in South Florida.

Scottie Barnes first 3 years of HS in Broward and transferred to Montverde for senior year (fsu)
Dudley Blackwell graduated from Somerset Charter (Iowa St.)
Tony Sanders graduated from Gulliver Prep (Notre Dame)
Damari Monsato graduated from Western High (ETSU)
Devin Carter graduated from Doral (South Carolina)

All guys who could've contributed to the program this past season, but who Miami missed out on.

Norchad Omier graduated from Miami Prep in 2021 and is another guy who Miami didn't even bother recruiting, let alone offer. He signed with Arkansas St. This past season he earned Sunbelt Freshmen of the Year and 1st Team All-Sun Belt averaging a double-double (13ppg & 12 rebs.). Was also named by CollegeInsider.com as a member of the 1st Team Freshmen All-American team.

Here are a few more guys who were born and raised right here in South Florida.

Scottie Barnes first 3 years of HS in Broward and transferred to Montverde for senior year (fsu)
Dudley Blackwell graduated from Somerset Charter (Iowa St.)
Tony Sanders graduated from Gulliver Prep (Notre Dame)
Damari Monsato graduated from Western High (ETSU)
Devin Carter graduated from Doral (South Carolina)

All guys who could've contributed to the program this past season, but who Miami missed out on.
In fairness, we recruited Barnes hard but we lost that battle. I don’t remember us recruiting any of the other players you mentioned though.

Advertisement
1617601371237.png

I’ve always said this staff doesn’t do a good job with bigs, especially since Konkol and Huger left. They don’t involve them in the offense. L has repeatedly said their job is to rebound and defend, and occasionally score off second chance opportunities . Today’s bigs worth a **** also went theirs on the offensive end. The game has changed, yet L talks about big men like this is the early 1990’s. I think is this part of the reason why it’s so difficult for us to recruit any bigs out of high school anymore.
He doesn’t consider it anything like the 90’s, that’s when bigs dominated the game. He is doing something no Coach publicly does in saying bigs are there to defend and rebound. The few quality coaches in CBB who have that mentality would never say it publicly or to their players and at the very least have a few plays each game ran through the big league o appease them.

Advertisement
Back