2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
It was strange to me that Lykes did not travel with the team to the tournament while Rodney, Earl and Harlond all made the trip.
...And they made a point how these 3 injured bench rooters made a big difference in Canes' SPIRITED performance over Clemson. Question may be will Lykes put away the Georgetown and BLM T-shirts and head for the NCAA tourney if we pull that UNLYKELY miracle (assuming his ankle feels a wee bit better) - asking for a Friend.

In fairness to Coach L, Chris has given Miami 4 years. This extra year was a special exception by the NCAA.
I am not mad at Chris at all. It is even more proof why Miami needs to recruit more in state kids.
You don't get homesick when you are already home.
I don't think after 4 years in Miami that Lykes is "homesick" for the District. In his Frosh year, maybe yes. I think he may just want, if he stays in college, to play for a more competitive program in his final year.

He and Dante Harris would make a nice Guard combo for the Hoyas but I don't think G'town will be any better as a team next season than UM will be. Interesting to see if Ewing's job is now safe after two Big East Tourney wins (including over the #1 seed, Villanova). Hoyas are now 11-12 and, like us, playing better.

Last edited:
I don't think after 4 years in Miami that Lykes is "homesick" for the District. In his Frosh year, maybe yes. I think he may just want, if he stays in college, to play for a more competitive program in his final year.

He and Dante Harris would make a nice Guard combo for the Hoyas but I don't think G'town will be any better as a team next season than UM will be. Interesting to see if Ewing's job is now safe after two Big East Tourney wins (including over the #3 seed, Villanova). Hoyas are now 11-12 and, like us, playing better.

I agree but whatever his reason is his reason and I support him either way.

He and Dante Harris would make a nice Guard combo for the Hoyas but I don't think G'town will be any better as a team next season than UM will be. Interesting to see if Ewing's job is now safe after two Big East Tourney wins (including over the #3 seed, Villanova). Hoyas are now 11-12 and, like us, playing better.
Villanova was the #1 seed, but yeah Harris and Lykes would be difficult to slow down

Advertisement
I agree but whatever his reason is his reason and I support him either way.

I don't blame Chris for leaving at all, he should do what's best for him. ****, if I was him or Isaiah, I'd probably leave too.

My problem is with Larranaga making it so that his best player wants out because he as the head coach only brought in 2 useful teammates for Chris to play with in the last 3 years, and kicked one of them off the team after 15 games.

Chris leaving is the inevitable byproduct of years of roster neglect, which is entirely the coach's fault. You get the roster you deserve.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I haven’t seen our name mentioned with a single transfer.

The program is in total disarray and shambles. At this rate, we won’t even be able to fill a starting lineup for next season. It’s like L and his staff of morons have completely quit trying to do their jobs.

That is what I noticed also. It is almost like they are waiting for the dismissal call.
Normally they contact almost every transfer.
They have not been mentioned with a transfer since Oscar.

That is what I noticed also. It is almost like they are waiting for the dismissal call.
Normally they contact almost every transfer.
They have not been mentioned with a transfer since Oscar.
But Blake James will continue to say the program is fine, and L won’t even consider retirement.

But Blake James will continue to say the program is fine, and L won’t even consider retirement.

Just pay him the rest of the money on his contract.
If we are being honest, the men's basketball team and baseball team should be generating revenue at Miami if the right coach is in place and they are winning.
Worse case scenario, those sports should make enough money to support themselves without any football money.
A new coach would create enough interest and buzz to get fans in the Watsco Center.

Advertisement
Back