2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
I do wonder why he'd go to friggin Georgetown though. I get he's from around there, but why would you transfer away from one dumpster fire only to voluntarily attend another one? What would that accomplish?

We've been complaining about Larranaga for a while, and rightfully so, but Ewing's even worse. At least Jim's historically been a good coach, Ewing doesn't even have that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I do wonder why he'd go to friggin Georgetown though. I get he's from around there, but why would you transfer away from one dumpster fire only to voluntarily attend another one? What would that accomplish?

We've been complaining about Larranaga for a while, and rightfully so, but Ewing's even worse. At least Jim's historically been a good coach, Ewing doesn't even have that.

Actually, they are 9-12 and 8th in the BE. They have won 4 of their last 6 games.
He is from Mitchellville, MD so playing at Gtown would be close to home.

If Lykes goes pro, fine, its probably the right move.

But if he stays in college and transfers somewhere else, Jim should be hung from a flagpole by his underwear.

In fairness, I have wanted all of the seniors to pursue their pro options and not return to Miami.
If they go pro or a few go to another school, so be it.
Chris has given Miami his all the past 4 years so we should say thank you while we support his decision.

In fairness, I have wanted all of the seniors to pursue their pro options and not return to Miami.
If they go pro or a few go to another school, so be it.
Chris has given Miami his all the past 4 years so we should say thank you while we support his decision.

The roster next year is once again devoid of talent. You don't solve that problem by letting your best player go and play for someone else. If he goes pro, that's how it goes in college sports. If he transfers though, it means he wanted to stay in college, but the head coach failed to create an environment that he wanted to play in.

In other words, this is how bad teams stay bad.

Advertisement
Brooks made an after game statement that got quoted; something about "long season" "hard to win" (and) "keep everybody happy on the court"...

...the last part, in light of the new Lykes rumor, reminds me of the Matt Cross - Chris Lykes - Coach L "philosophical/coaching disagreements" stuff... I won't revisit it, especially since it gets into areas suggested we stay out of... but something about chemistry and team (and staff) dynamics seems possibly amiss this rotten season.

Of course, a few more ACC tourney wins might put those thoughts to bed (not sure they belong there though.)

The roster next year is once again devoid of talent. You don't solve that problem by letting your best player go and play for someone else. If he goes pro, that's how it goes in college sports. If he transfers though, it means he wanted to stay in college, but the head coach failed to create an environment that he wanted to play in.

In other words, this is how bad teams stay bad.

In fairness to Coach L, Chris has given Miami 4 years. This extra year was a special exception by the NCAA.
I am not mad at Chris at all. It is even more proof why Miami needs to recruit more in state kids.
You don't get homesick when you are already home.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back